QF v Munster Away Info

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Cascade
Novice

Re: QF v Munster Away Info

Post by Cascade »

Rooster, as someone who used to live in those parts I'd agree. With Limerick, don't go too far out of the centre late at night. I never had any issue in the town centre apart from Abrakebabra (if you want a table ask for Anto, if you want a kicking get your English mate Steve to ask him), Something else to note, if you're lost walking home and come accross a horse, you're not in the countryside, but in Moyross, do a 180 degree turn and head back towards the river. If you continue, you'll either get a kicking or end up in Co. Clare, I'd opt for the kicking.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Hey now, Co.Clare is vastly more desireable than Limerick! :whistle:
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Cascade
Novice

Post by Cascade »

Jackie Brown wrote:Hey now, Co.Clare is vastly more desireable than Limerick! :whistle:
mmmmmm I lived in Clare, nice for a weekend, but when they realised you've taken up residence........ Saying that, M.T.Pockets had quite possibly the most talented barmaids in the world, also so thick they'd ask what measure whiskey was sold in. I had a half pint of crested ten one evening for 2 quid.
MACKTHEKNIFE
Initiate

Post by MACKTHEKNIFE »

Looking forward to seeing all your crew in Limerick for the game and hopefully some old buddies from my time in Queens.
With regards to Limerick don't believe the bullshit, the city is very safe and being rugby supporters you will recieve a great welcome, most of the areas where trouble is to be found are off the beaten track and in reality you have no business being there unless you nhave to be there.
Thomond is smack in the middle between a Third Level college, a very middle class area and a working class area with a large Garda Station adjoining is located on a main aerterial route so the chances of trouble are slim.
The immediate area of the ground is residents parking only on match days.
The ground is maximum 15 minutes walk from the City Centre. For match days most of the multi story car parks offer special overnight rates ( approx €10 as far as I know). It is probably more convienient to park in the city centre, the crime risk near the ground is akin to anywhere else.
Bus Eireann Match special Buses leave from outside Dunnes Stores on Howleys Quay and cost in the region of €1, a number of other city routes also serve Thomond.
Note if peope are considering the Raddison it is located on the Dual Carraigeway to Shannon and there is nothing else out there.
For pints after the game I recommend Myles Breens, Flannerys ( Shannon St) , Nancy Blakes, Souths, Willie Sextons ( Henry St and Ennis Road , J Sextons Uncle), Tom Collins to name but a few.
Gerry Flannerys and Peter Clohesseys tend to be a bit panic, can never understand why people queue just to have a pint in Clohesseys on match day.
There will always be a few Supporters club members around as well to get you into the Stonecutters lounge at Thomond.
Hope you all have a pleasant stay .
Standing Up for the Ulstermen on May 19th.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

Ta for the tips.

At what point do you start asking for match tickets though!?
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

MACKTHEKNIFE wrote:There will always be a few Supporters club members around as well to get you into the Stonecutters lounge at Thomond.
I have just had my 'something new every day' moment for today Mack - I never knew Masons had a Lounge in Thomond Park.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
MACKTHEKNIFE
Initiate

Post by MACKTHEKNIFE »

cables wrote:
MACKTHEKNIFE wrote:There will always be a few Supporters club members around as well to get you into the Stonecutters lounge at Thomond.
I have just had my 'something new every day' moment for today Mack - I never knew Masons had a Lounge in Thomond Park.
MRSC Lounge, for The Masons try here http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=m ... 3SeVQZAmxA.
About 7 minutes from Thomond.
You guys don't have the monopoly on secret societies on this island.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

MACKTHEKNIFE wrote:, for The Masons try here http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=m ... 3SeVQZAmxA.

You guys don't have the monopoly on secret societies on this island.
Aye, but most of ours don't have a website advertising the fact ;)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

3 of us in a room Travelodge (Ennis Rd) for sat & sun nites. Total cost Euro 159.
Ok, it's not exactly central but stayed there before, good Rocket restaurant beside it (may see the Rockettes?),
very handy for a big Tesco's and on bus route. 20 minute dander to ground.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Skyhawk
Novice

Post by Skyhawk »

ybgurrugby wrote:Im looking at booking hotels for the game. Is there anywhere anyone would recommend as I have never been to Limerick. Is it better to be near the ground or near where the main bars etc are (wherever that is.) Looking for something cheap but would pay a little extra to be nearer facilities i.e. a good pub to watch the games on saturday.
I would strongly recommend either Jurys or the Strand, both are ideal in terms of location and both have car parks.

http://limerickhotels.jurysinns.com/

http://www.strandhotellimerick.ie/
MACKTHEKNIFE
Initiate

Post by MACKTHEKNIFE »

A hotel I strongly recommend is the Absolute Hotel by the Abbey Bridge. Its in the heart of "The Parish" which is Shannon RFC territory . A great litte rugby pub called Cowheys just up the street. You'll get a great Limerick welcome from the locals who will relish the chance to talk rugby and more than likely buy you a few pints of .stout if you sing a few songs.
Beamish is rather excellent in this establishment and strangely enough they also sell Harp which should keep you nordies happy.
Some more salubrious bars and restauants also near byThe Beamish is rather excellent in this establishment.

With regard to tickets, im already sorted but thanks for asking.
MACKTHEKNIFE
Initiate

Post by MACKTHEKNIFE »

I've been reading about religious concerns from the Ulster Branch regarding the game so I have just come up with a quick list of venues for those of you who share these concerns, some place for you to go and we'll look after your tickets whilst the game is on.

Presbos/ Methodones
51a O'Connell Street,
Limerick,
Co. Limerick

Baptist
Cratloe Road, Limerick

Fake Protestant/Posh Catholic/CofI

ST Marys Cathedral,
Bridge Street.

St Michaels,
Pery Square

Hopefully Trimble, Muller and Piennar will find one of these to their liking on the day. >TC :oman:
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

MACKTHEKNIFE wrote:I've been reading about religious concerns from the Ulster Branch regarding the game so I have just come up with a quick list of venues for those of you who share these concerns, some place for you to go and we'll look after your tickets whilst the game is on.

Presbos/ Methodones
51a O'Connell Street,
Limerick,
Co. Limerick

Baptist
Cratloe Road, Limerick

Fake Protestant/Posh Catholic/CofI

ST Marys Cathedral,
Bridge Street.

St Michaels,
Pery Square

Hopefully Trimble, Muller and Piennar will find one of these to their liking on the day. >TC :oman:

I was wondering is there a Bahai temple in Limerick That would do an Ulster Scotch language service before the Match?
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
MACKTHEKNIFE
Initiate

Post by MACKTHEKNIFE »

There is indeed, quite close to Thomond, alcohol free though.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Bugger thon fer a matin oo spirits , nae use tae me y `ken wi nae dram :|
We dont need the English to win the European Cup