Dan Parks to Connacht

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Dan Parks to Connacht

Post by Shan »

Moiraman wrote:
A tad unfair on Parks methinks. He has over 60 caps while NOC has the big 0. Think Dan the Man would be a good signing for Connacht even if past his best. His performance on Friday was mixed to say the least but I would still rate him above NOC.
60 caps for Scotland who have been utterly woeful for almost all of his time. If Ireland had been as poor as Scotland over the last few years and had the same lack of playing talent available Niall O'Connor could easily have got 60 caps and performed to the same poor standard as Parks IMO.

If Connacht want to play 10 man rugby poorly and have a guy you wouldn't trust from in front of the posts taking their penalties they should snap up Parks immediately. I'm sure he'd be delighted to sign for a bottom of the table team where he will feel at home skillwise and ambition-wise while collecting some nice greenbacks. On the other hand if Connacht want to try to raise themselves above depressing mediocrity they should keep looking. There's better 10's in the AIL.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

I think a lot on here are forgetting the rich vein of form Parks had a couple of seasons ago. This showed he certainly isn't a chube. If he can regain a bit of that form he' d do well enough for Connacht. However, does his game suit the connacht game? He's not the best under a bit of pressure, very slow to get his kick away from hand. I would prefer to see an Irish 10 going there but can't see anybody putting their hand up unfortunately....

As for NOC developing Loki, don't be too hopeful. ............
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Are Connacht not meant to be a DEVELOPMENT province? Seems the IRFU are happy to fill it full of 3rd rate foreigners.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jackie Brown wrote:Are Connacht not meant to be a DEVELOPMENT province? Seems the IRFU are happy to fill it full of 3rd rate foreigners.
Another one Jackie
Nathan White to join Connacht at the end of the season

Connacht Rugby are delighted to announce they have secured the services of tighthead prop Nathan White for next season.

The 6’2, 118kg prop will join Connacht from Leinster at the end of this season on a 3 year contract. The former Waikato captain played 77 times for the 2011 ITM Cup finalists before moving to Leinster on a 1 year deal last season.
http://www.connachtrugby.ie/20120220827 ... n-connacht
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Just noticed White was 30 on 4th September so not only have Connacht signed another foreigner but they have signed one who is over 30 on a 3 year deal, I thought it was 1 year max contracts for foreign over 30's ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Rooster as with most IRFU rules it probably only applies to the other 3 provinces
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Jackie Brown wrote:Are Connacht not meant to be a DEVELOPMENT province? Seems the IRFU are happy to fill it full of 3rd rate foreigners.
Well said Jackie.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

breakdown wrote:Rooster as with most IRFU rules it probably only applies to the other 3 provinces
Correct Breakdown.

Total joke of course bringing more non-Irish props into Ireland instead of pushing some of our own guys on. They're never going to make it without valuable game time..... I can understand when it is somebody top class who may bring valuable expertise to help developing players and that but I don't see that here.

The IRFU need to get their árses in gear on this prop issue. They are happy enough to allow huge sums go into the bank accounts of non-Irish players. Why not take some of that money and invest in prop development, coaching or whatever it takes to set the wheels in motion to deliver to us 4 or 5 props of genuine international ability. Right now we have one, Cian Healy, and one who can scrummage at a decent level, Ross. This is utterly scandalous for a supposed tier one nation.

Of course they have been too busy enjoying the perks afforded by Ireland's success over the last 10 years or so. Useless shower of feckers which unfortunately is typical of people in positions of prominence in that section of Irish society who have immunity from accountability.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Shan wrote:
breakdown wrote:Rooster as with most IRFU rules it probably only applies to the other 3 provinces
Correct Breakdown.

Total joke of course bringing more non-Irish props into Ireland instead of pushing some of our own guys on. They're never going to make it without valuable game time..... I can understand when it is somebody top class who may bring valuable expertise to help developing players and that but I don't see that here.

The IRFU need to get their árses in gear on this prop issue. They are happy enough to allow huge sums go into the bank accounts of non-Irish players. Why not take some of that money and invest in prop development, coaching or whatever it takes to set the wheels in motion to deliver to us 4 or 5 props of genuine international ability. Right now we have one, Cian Healy, and one who can scrummage at a decent level, Ross. This is utterly scandalous for a supposed tier one nation.

Of course they have been too busy enjoying the perks afforded by Ireland's success over the last 10 years or so. Useless shower of feckers which unfortunately is typical of people in positions of prominence in that section of Irish society who have immunity from accountability.
Good post Shan but are we considered tier one?
Come the revolution I know who i'd be putting up against the wall.............
porterbelly
Novice

Post by porterbelly »

Cardiff Blues SC ‏ @CardiffBluesSC Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Waiting for official confirmation that Dan Parks has signed a 2 year deal with #Connacht - another day, another player leaves #cardiffblues
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Rory Best
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Very good signing, well done to the Westies :salut: does this pave the way for NOC to return north?
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

ruckover wrote:Very good signing, well done to the Westies :salut: does this pave the way for NOC to return north?

or to be cut loose?

I would imagine he'll be at Connacht for another year.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

What a pity. I feel sorry for Connacht.

Could be a ploy by the IRFU to make Connacht so dull and miserable even Connacht supporters will ask for it to be shut down.

>TT >TT
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

stickinout wrote:

Good post Shan but are we considered tier one?
Come the revolution I know who i'd be putting up against the wall.............
We should be. It's not that long ago we were rubbing shoulders with the elite at the top of the IRB Rankings.

Even if we had a revolution you'd still end up just replacing one shower of gowls with another. You could have a million langers up against the wall but another million are waiting on the other side for the fires to burnout before assuming the vacant positions.

For every Louis XVI there is a Nicolas Sarkozy, For every Nicholas II there is a Joseph Stalin.