Just asking!

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Just asking!

Post by Rooster »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:OK, some will laugh and some will mock me but I am far from a gizmo freak and only interested in technology for what it can o for me rather than for knowledge's sake.

So, how do you post a link within a post? :scratch:

How do you get an "Avatar" :?
Ye great horlix just copy and paste the link into the post and the system will recognise it as a link, or when you have it pasted in highlight the entire link and click the URL button above.

Avatar has to be uploaded through your user control panel, there are certai size limits so you may have to resize the photo
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

When I try to insert an image in a reply it ain't working! I'm ass-u-ming that an image is a .jpg? Could you inform this great pillock how it's done without being too abusive?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Setanta wrote:When I try to insert an image in a reply it ain't working! I'm ass-u-ming that an image is a .jpg? Could you inform this great pillock how it's done without being too abusive?
You either have to upload the image as an attachment or if it is on a website copy the image location then paste into the post, then highlight the link in the post and click on the IMG button at the top of your post
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

[img]Aussie%20Whine%20[1].jpg[/img] Doesn't seem to work!?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

Setanta wrote:Image Doesn't seem to work!?
there's one born every minute...

use the img button if it an image on the internet.

use the upload attachedment (red tab to the lower left of save draft - below) if it's saved on your own computer.
once its uploaded click on place inline and then copy/paste to wherever in your useless body of text you want to place it.

#whataclown
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:
Setanta wrote:Image Doesn't seem to work!?
there's one born every minute...

use the img button if it an image on the internet.

use the upload attachedment (red tab to the lower left of save draft - below) if it's saved on your own computer.
once its uploaded click on place inline and then copy/paste to wherever in your useless body of text you want to place it.

#whataclown
Even I learned something there WKOTW :salut:
Rory Best
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Just asking!

That img /img didn't come out right - tried to link to a web page that doesn't exist.

Some browsers, if u right click on an image will let I copy image location or image URL.

Click the img tab above and between the square brackets paste what uv copied
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Link should look something like this
http://www.shop.acrylicsunlimited.com/i ... 49632.jpeg

Then highlight and hit Img and you get
Rory Best
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Just asking!

That's ridiculous. Of all the images you could have put there.

A bloody disgrace.

Ever heard of Jessica Enniskillen, eh?
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Shame...autocorrect.

I meant of course:

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

I think its not just my idiocy; could be the firewall at work. If you'll bear with me, I'll continue this conversation on my private PC and see if these tips and tricks work there. Thanks for your replies.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:Shame...autocorrect.

I meant of course:

Longfaced spearchucker.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.