Pedrie leaving confirmed!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Pedrie leaving confirmed!

Post by Rooster »

Husky wrote:If the IRFU would only allow us to give him a 1-year extension to his contract, then does that mean that they'll prevent us from replacing him with another imported back-rower? Thought these new restrictions weren't coming into place 'til the 2013/14 season.
Therin lies the problem Husky, give Pedrie 1 year now and then they would not be allowed to give him another year.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Re: Pedrie leaving confirmed!

Post by Rooster »

Big-al wrote:
He's a solid player, there are many better 8's out there than him. Whether or not Ulster can afford a better players is another thing though. Wilson is more than a capable replacement.
Glad you think so Al, have you watched Wilson this season, he looks like his best days are past and he is here till he is almost 35.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Re: Re: Pedrie leaving confirmed!

Post by Big-al »

Rooster wrote:
Big-al wrote:
He's a solid player, there are many better 8's out there than him. Whether or not Ulster can afford a better players is another thing though. Wilson is more than a capable replacement.
Glad you think so Al, have you watched Wilson this season, he looks like his best days are past and he is here till he is almost 35.
yes I have, Wilson has been as dependable as ever, just like Wannenburg and is by far the more effective ball carrier.
Husky
Novice

Post by Husky »

Does anyone think that Birch could become our first choice 7? Hard to judge for myself by what little I've seen of him, but on the rare occasions that I have, he seemed to be quite industrious. Perhaps not a lethal poacher as yet, but maybe that can be developed by Anscombe.
“I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don’t have as many people who believe it.”
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Just asking was I overlooked or ignored for mentioning Barclay is out of contract at Glasgow????????
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Husky wrote:Does anyone think that Birch could become our first choice 7? Hard to judge for myself by what little I've seen of him, but on the rare occasions that I have, he seemed to be quite industrious. Perhaps not a lethal poacher as yet, but maybe that can be developed by Anscombe.
I don't think he's any better than Faloon to be honest.
Husky
Novice

Post by Husky »

Cornerfleg wrote:Just asking was I overlooked or ignored for mentioning Barclay is out of contract at Glasgow????????
I'd sign him up in a heartbeat. You'd assume Glasgow would be trying their best to keep him.
“I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don’t have as many people who believe it.”
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Beattie is away and they've already signed a NZ back rower ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Thank you Mr Knight ... after the slating I took today about my personal hygiene and my AWOL boxer shorts I needed that pat on tha back ....
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:Beattie is away and they've already signed a NZ back rower ...
Supposed to be going to Montpellier though
Rory Best
porterbelly
Novice

Post by porterbelly »

Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

I doubt that very much. >#
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Doubt it. Pointless signing anyway, Rush is past his best and Wilson would start ahead of him, waste of a niq.
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I think they have the wrong end of the stick.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
I think they have the wrong end of the stick.
Be also nuts to do it. Bring in an older NIQ on a one year deal which would debar us from signing an NIQ backrower next year.

Anyone know if, say you have an NIQ 8, can you then sign an NIQ 6 (who "can" play 8)? :wink:
Eddie says no.