Treviso v Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

gannonman
Steward

Re: Treviso v Ulster

Post by gannonman »

Fantastic win! Sounded awful but great to get the 4.
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
OldMan
Novice

Post by OldMan »

We're still in with a shout of 3rd or 4th place. Obviously we a little rusty after 2 weeks off but based on Treviso's performance at Ravenhill a few months ago, I would have settled for the win. Good to see Muller and Cave got an hour's game-time. Move on to next week's must win game.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Its not just a must win game, we need the 5pts to move us into the top 4.

Right, we're still 1 pt behind Glasgow.
Tenyarder
Novice

Post by Tenyarder »

OldMan wrote:We're still in with a shout of 3rd or 4th place. Obviously we a little rusty after 2 weeks off but based on Treviso's performance at Ravenhill a few months ago, I would have settled for the win. Good to see Muller and Cave got an hour's game-time. Move on to next week's must win game.
With Galsgow at home to Cardiff next week, I would like to think that we can at least get even, which will then put us ahead having won more game than them. They have a better points difference but if we give Aironi a pasting next week that could change. The next criteria is tries scored and we are miles ahead.

This, of course, depends on neither Scarlets or Cardiff doing anything crazy.

4th spot looks achievable so another trip down Mexican way beckons.

SUFTUM
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Great win, thats balls guys. :cheers: 10 down with 10 to go takes a bit of class to win from there especially away from home.

Johann & Darren got decent time, 5 pointer guaranteed next weekend, currently 3 points behind 2nd place (though Munster should change that later on) , could all have been so different, a whisker away from league over but now every chance of getting into the play-offs

They did it when they had to, that's what matters today. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
WhiteKnightSupporter
Initiate

Post by WhiteKnightSupporter »

+1 :red:

BBC's report doesn't say much about how we played although it does mention that "second row Chris Henry" got the first try :?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17448888
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

should bag the 5 V treviso. Connacht away will be a tricky one.

I wonder if connacht can put one over on Munster later....
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Boutye
Initiate

Post by Boutye »

Anyone know how big Tom Court played today, after the England game, hope he done well and gets his confidence back!
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Connacht will do what they usually do in Irish derbies.

Huff and puff until 70mins and then run out of steam and lose. Tis the norm unfortunatly.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Big-al wrote:Connacht will do what they usually do in Irish derbies.

Huff and puff until 70mins and then run out of steam and lose. Tis the norm unfortunatly.
Munster should be missing a few lads though.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Just spoke to Brian McLaughlin who is relieved and delighted. He confirmed Ian Whitten was the final try scorer (sorry @adamdarcy!)
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Results like that can make a huge difference to a season. Onward and upwards :cheers:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Been having a heart attack since 10mins to go. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

Now to beat Aironi and head to Munster with 1000000% confidence! :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

damianmcr wrote:Just spoke to Brian McLaughlin who is relieved and delighted. He confirmed Ian Whitten was the final try scorer (sorry @adamdarcy!)
Are you there Damo?? If so, fair play to you & it would be good if you could give us an idea of the good the bad and the ugly. :salut:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.