Well Done

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Well Done

Post by Shan »

stickinout wrote:

G'wan ya owl gowlbag, giving with one hand and taking with the other!!
:D

I have to try to balance the books a bit.

>TH >TH
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Shan wrote:
stickinout wrote:

G'wan ya owl gowlbag, giving with one hand and taking with the other!!

I have to try to balance the books a bit.

>TH >TH
Thought that :lol:
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Fair play to you Shan :salut: :salut:

Any of the Munster fans I met today were great, dead helpful, welcoming and just lovely. I'd come back to Limerick tomorrow, the pride this town / city (?) has in it's team is something else. If we in Belfast could have a fraction of that I'd be proud.

Good luck in the league (but not too much when you face us, I know you understand that) :salut: .
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:Just logging on to pay tribute to Shan. I hope he does not mind me disclosing this. He and I met before the match. The first text on my Phone after the match was from him being exceptionally gracious. At a personal level Shan, your a gent. Equally, Mack did the same.

I never met a bad Munster fan the whole time. Friendly and welcoming and as up for it as we were. Both sets of fans were excellent. A great advert for Irish Provincial rugby.

Shan, Mack, taz and all Munster guys who come on here, thanks. :salut:

Don't be strangers now!
Thanks a lot my friend. I was worried my texting on Saturday was boring you to tears and I wouldn't meet you on Sunday.
I always know when I start drinking the old nonsense starts flowing freely. :D

I'll tell you I was kinda in bits this morning. I'm not usually one for all day drinking bouts...just in case you thought I was a little bit quiet(off) or whatever this morning. Wouldn't want you thinking it was anything to do with being face to face with an Ulsterman. :wink: :D

Great to see you've made it back home in good order. Hope the family enjoyed the weekend and that it more than made up for the normal Easter fare.

Sometime I must come back up to Belfast and impose on your good selves a little bit...Mind you I've imposed on you enough already. You are hereby promoted to status of junior legend....just a bit of a way for you to go yet to achieve full status. :wink:

>TH >TH >TH

Lastly I would like to just say that weekends like these are nothing without the opposition supporters. The numbers of and the enthusiasm of the good folk of Ulster around the city was wonderful to see.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Wee Woman wrote:Fair play to you Shan :salut: :salut:

Any of the Munster fans I met today were great, dead helpful, welcoming and just lovely. I'd come back to Limerick tomorrow, the pride this town / city (?) has in it's team is something else. If we in Belfast could have a fraction of that I'd be proud.

Good luck in the league (but not too much when you face us, I know you understand that) :salut: .

Delighted you enjoyed your visit Wee Woman.

Oh and Limerick is a city. Dating from 922 it is the oldest city in Ireland. We are not allowed to say that though as Dublin has claimed ownership of that title. Instead we are only permitted to celebrate its status per the Royal Charter 1197 while Dublin celebrate 988 as the date even though their Royal Charter was in 1172..... :(

Tis only a small place though as you now know. I think it is easier for us to generate that pride and energy because of its size. It's like almost the entire place buys into it.

>TH
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Good job Shan,maybe some of these nordie barstewards will begin to understand my affection to Turnipstan, I have been at 3 of Munster's 4 finals and met nothing but good people. Looking forward to my 2nd Ulster final.

The curse of the 6 form 6 pool games strikes again, no team have won the lot & won the cup.

:salut: :salut: :salut:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bigchiefally
Initiate

Post by bigchiefally »

Cheers Shan. Great stadium and all but one of the Munster fans I spoke to were very generous. The odd man out was blocked and couldnt speak at all :-) My main regret is just going up and down in the day and not staying the night before or after.
FRB
Initiate

Post by FRB »

Thank you Shan. It was my firsttrip to Thomond yesterday and all of the Munster supporters I met were excellent = passionate about their team and gracious afterwards. Any Musnter Fan I spoke h afterwards shook my hand and wished us good luck in the semi. Class.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

[quote="Shan

Not quite true in Munster's case but then again this is only the 2nd Thomond Park H Cup defeat.[/quote]

Sadly Shan , for me that is now a dim and distant time ago ,but next year........................ :wink:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:Shan, Mack, taz and all Munster guys who come on here, thanks. :salut:

Don't be strangers now!
TAZ? :scratch:

He's one of us! - he's on the terrace at Ravers every match and was on the south terrace at Thomond yesterday standing up for the Ulster men!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
thesTig
Novice

Post by thesTig »

Congratulations from Tigers. Great game.

Best of luck in the semis.

Two teams through from the original group of death :salut:
Cavanman
Novice

Post by Cavanman »

Congrats Ulster, delighted for the players who deserve some reward for their efforts over the years. Atmosphere looked fantastic on TV and will be some spectical with the Aviva packed out in all the colour Ulster supporters bring. As a Cavan Ulsterman living in Dublin I would love to see Ulster/ Leinster final in Twickenham.Obviously Edinburgh stand in the way and won't be taken lightly. Perhaps the Cavan Rugby Club Male Voice Choir could be brought back to sing at the Aviva before the semi. They were quite good before the Leinster match on saturday.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cavanman wrote:Congrats Ulster, delighted for the players who deserve some reward for their efforts over the years. Atmosphere looked fantastic on TV and will be some spectical with the Aviva packed out in all the colour Ulster supporters bring. As a Cavan Ulsterman living in Dublin I would love to see Ulster/ Leinster final in Twickenham.Obviously Edinburgh stand in the way and won't be taken lightly. Perhaps the Cavan Rugby Club Male Voice Choir could be brought back to sing at the Aviva before the semi. They were quite good before the Leinster match on saturday.
Email UR and tell them about them
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
Don't mind if they do. As long as that scary woman in the red coat who wanted a fight in Munster isn't singing with them I'm good with it. :cheers:

Cara O'Sullivan was well up for the fight alright. Pity she wasn't playing in the backrow for Munster. Might have helped us try to deal with Stephen Ferris and his pals. :)
Skyhawk
Novice

Post by Skyhawk »

Congratulations and well done Ulster, you got what you deserved. I have never heard such a loud roar from an opposing set of fans in Thomond when that final whistle went. All the Ulster fans I met were very chatty and nice and extremely gracious in victory. It was a fantastic weekend in Limerick, apart from the result of course ;-)
I really hope you go all the way now! Like Shan said earlier, that SUFTUM is still rinning in my ears :-)