Whereabouts in aviva?

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Whereabouts in aviva?

Post by Rooster »

doodle wrote:
LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
shamalicious wrote:Jeez! Tickets are on general sale tomorrow, lighten up!
Look Shammy, what your missing is that this is "actually" them "lightened" up. Wee Willie Ulsterman in his natural state is a grumpy humpy little so and so. In fact, their natural habitat is moaning, whining and bitching about some perceived slight that they can take personally. If someone who has genuinely travelled far and wide is now prepared to stop following them because they didn't get an email which delays their ticket buy by a whole 24 hours then fine. Good luck to them. :roll:

Thanks for your good wishes. Did you get good seats? Well, you be sure to enjoy the match. I'll try to get online after work tomorrow and see if there are any tickets left. Where are you sitting? I'd like to be able to wave to you.
Doodle at least half the good seats were not on sale, I actually reckon it is the normal ticketmaster job of sell some good and a lot of poor early then release the good ones when sales slow down, will be surprised if there are not better available tomorrow than there were today.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
cardoc
Novice

Post by cardoc »

:bounce:Just home from Limerick and 8 tickets bought in upper tier West stand on 10mtr line :red:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

doodle wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
blerta wrote:No where , have attended Ravenhill games sicnce 1986 , been a season ticket holder a couple of years . Have received no email ,
doodle wrote:I got no email :-(
Obvious questions -
Did you give them an email address?
Was it legible?
Have you received emails before (not the weekly guff they send everyone and his aunt - the ones specific to ST holders)?
Have you checked your "Junk email"?

And finally - how do you know UR c0cked up and not Ticketmaster?

Tickets will be on general release tomorrow anyway, so what's your rush? You'll probably find it a less frenetic process than the rest of us had at noon today!

Have fun! :flower:
Yes.

Yes.

No and it's not my name on my ticket, but when I queried that I was told it didn't matter.

Yes.

I don't, but past experience i.e. name on ticket, leads me to believe it is.

I can't get online tomorrow, I'm working from 07.25 - 20.30 in a job that doesn't allow me internet access.

Sorry for upsetting you all although I'm not quite sure why you, Shamalicious and Lastknightoftheproms are taking it so personally. I don't think I directed any abuse towards you, but if I did, inadvertently, please forgive me.

For the third time - I hope you all enjoy the match.
Don't see where the "abuse" comes into it. I offered reasonable questions to see if there was an obvious reason you didn't receive an email.

The only thing that i don't understand from your response above is why wouldn't YOUR season ticket have YOUR name on it? Might it be that a couple of people share a ticket? Not unknown, but I would suspect the person whose name is on the ticket would have got the email. If your email address was attached to the ST (even though you name wasn't) I could see you have a problem, but if the email has gone to the person whose name was on the ticket, that seems right to me. You surely couldn't expect that UR would give you EACH an allocation? Maybe this is way off the mark, but it's what comes across from what YOU have stated.

BTW, I genuinely hope you do get your tickets - my post was intended to be helpful, even if you took it as having a pop!

Finally - this from the email sent out by UR prior to the match:
10am – 5pm Wed 12th April: Tickets available to buy over the counter at Ravenhill for season ticket holders only
Those are a limited number of tickets reserved for those with no internet access, but are being held as part of the UR allocation. Perhaps you could get to Ravers and show your ST to get some?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
doodle
Novice

Post by doodle »

Thanks for being civil Rooster.

Cap'n Grumpy
You said, "Tickets will be on general release tomorrow anyway, so what's your rush? "

My "rush" is that I want six tickets which I am supposed to be allowed as a season ticket holder. I'm not confident that I'll be able to get those in the general release.

I don't share a ticket, mine is bought and paid for, by me, in my name, with my credit card and someone at UR sent me a ticket with the wrong name. I have queried it and I was told in the office at Ravenhill that it doesn't matter. I'm not happy, haven't been happy since last year when I got it, but there you go, apparently it doesn't matter.

I'm looking forward to Wednesday as I try to explain that I would like some tickets even though that isn't my name on the ticket, perhaps I should pay with cash, to save any awkwardness?

I hasten to add that I know that's not your fault, but you asked. Thanks for trying to help.
blerta
Novice

Post by blerta »

Cap'n Grumpy

At the time of hand delivering my season ticket form , I was told that my email address was readable . I have been receiving the Ravenhill Roar online through my email address. Yes I have heard that ticket master have a bad history . I have been a fan of Rugby and Ulster Rugby for years , I could go through all of the terrible weather conditions I have experienced supporting it , but it's a winter game and adds to it . I missed out on tickets in '99 and I get the feeling that's going to be the case again . Fellow boarders talking gleefully about the stadium selling out ,( we have our tickets so the rest of you can sod off ) does not help . I feel there is nothing to be gained from getting a season ticket , I could just cherry pick the matchs I want to see and watch the rest on TV . Again the answer to the heading is, nowhere at the moment .
Wilson Whineray, All Black captain was asked for his opinion following their defeat to an English counties team.

He replied, "Tonight the sun will go down and tomorrow it will rise again."
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

blerta wrote:Cap'n Grumpy

At the time of hand delivering my season ticket form , I was told that my email address was readable
I had to 'attach' my email address to my season ticket to get my tickets for thomond. If you got thomond tickets on the priority booking system for ST holders, you should have been OK.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

At the time of hand delivering my season ticket form , I was told that my email address was readable . I have been receiving the Ravenhill Roar online through my email address. Yes I have heard that ticket master have a bad history . I have been a fan of Rugby and Ulster Rugby for years , I could go through all of the terrible weather conditions I have experienced supporting it , but it's a winter game and adds to it . I missed out on tickets in '99 and I get the feeling that's going to be the case again . Fellow boarders talking gleefully about the stadium selling out ,( we have our tickets so the rest of you can sod off ) does not help . I feel there is nothing to be gained from getting a season ticket , I could just cherry pick the matchs I want to see and watch the rest on TV . Again the answer to the heading is, nowhere at the moment .
Question: did you buy tickets for the quarter final from the UR website or get the email telling you how to do that ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

doodle wrote:Thanks for being civil Rooster.

Cap'n Grumpy
You said, "Tickets will be on general release tomorrow anyway, so what's your rush? "

My "rush" is that I want six tickets which I am supposed to be allowed as a season ticket holder. I'm not confident that I'll be able to get those in the general release.

I don't share a ticket, mine is bought and paid for, by me, in my name, with my credit card and someone at UR sent me a ticket with the wrong name. I have queried it and I was told in the office at Ravenhill that it doesn't matter. I'm not happy, haven't been happy since last year when I got it, but there you go, apparently it doesn't matter.

I'm looking forward to Wednesday as I try to explain that I would like some tickets even though that isn't my name on the ticket, perhaps I should pay with cash, to save any awkwardness?

I hasten to add that I know that's not your fault, but you asked. Thanks for trying to help.
Thanks for clarifying - not that it needed to be clarified to me, but as you say I WAS trying to help. Might i suggest (only suggest, mind) that the second question I asked may have a LOT to do with this - "was your email address legible?" It may well have been perfectly legible, but if I had received a ST with the wrong name on it, the first thing I would have done was to check that the other details they had copied down including email address were correct. It wouldn't matter one iota to me if they spealt my name correctly or not (I have one of those names which people often get wrong), but even if they told me that didn't matter, I would at least have insisted on them checking my other details. Too late for that now, and it may not even be the cause, but perhaps one for the future?

Best of luck with getting the tickets you want where you want them - as Rooster says, I suspect too there will be plenty available in all areas for a while to come. They tend to drip feed them to keep people alert.
I'm not arguing -
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Whereabouts in aviva?

Post by shamalicious »

I know what you're saying blerta but I very much feel the opposite about STs. I like to think I'm a pretty keen fan, I just can't get a ST because of my work patterns and because I'm a fair bit away from the Big Smoke (and it's a big investment). I'm sure there are a lot of other big fans in the same situation. I don't consider myself to be any less of a fan than ST holder but will be waiting for general sale.

Anyways, hope everyone gets the tickets they want (myself included!)
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

If they said your email address was readable, I have no reason to doubt that, but perhaps a mistake was still made in copying it onto their system. Ravenhill Roar and ST emails are two different things, and receiving one does not mean you automatically get the other. Of course if they have copied it wrongly the fault is theirs if they agreed it was legible. I hope you can get what you need but the only talk I've seen of the stadium selling out (at least very quickly) I've taken with a pinch of salt. Nowhere have I read anything that resembles "we have our tickets so the rest of you can sod off". At the end of the day, we all want as many Ulster supporters there as possible, and history suggests to me that a large part of the Embra allocation will be on general release soon too.
I'm not arguing -
doodle
Novice

Post by doodle »

Cap'n Grumpy

"It wouldn't matter one iota to me if they spealt my name correctly or not"

Nor I, but it's not my name, not even close, not even the right sex. When the person slides the glass shut and walks away there's not a lot more to be said without ending up looking like Norman Wisdom.

You may giggle now.

Edit to add, I get the Ravenhill Roar, but nothing else. I didn't know that there was anything else until yesterday. Season ticket holder for three years, ordinary match ticket buyer since the dawn of time..
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

doodle wrote:Cap'n Grumpy

"It wouldn't matter one iota to me if they spealt my name correctly or not"

Nor I, but it's not my name, not even close, not even the right sex. When the person slides the glass shut and walks away there's not a lot more to be said without ending up looking like Norman Wisdom.

You may giggle now.

Edit to add, I get the Ravenhill Roar, but nothing else. I didn't know that there was anything else until yesterday. Season ticket holder for three years.
Your name's not Mr Grimsdale is it ........ sorry, MRS Grimsdale (if they have your sex wrong)? :duck:
I'm not arguing -
handoff
Novice

Post by handoff »

This will be my aviva debut, I was just wondering is it a good view 5 rows up from the pitch around 10 metre line or is the view too low down?
Duckjnr
Novice

Post by Duckjnr »

handoff wrote:This will be my aviva debut, I was just wondering is it a good view 5 rows up from the pitch around 10 metre line or is the view too low down?

About the same as 5 steps up on the terrace at Ravers, except you're sitting down (hopefully not for too long though) :thumright:
NS
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

handoff wrote:This will be my aviva debut
Is that you, Chris Henry?

But seriously yeah the view is grand from there
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.