Afoa to miss the semi?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Afoa to miss the semi?

Post by BaggyTrousers »

fuzzylogic wrote:
by stickinout » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:37 pm

Did you look at it in slow mo? In real time i thought they landed pretty much together and so i can't see how it's a spear tackle if the tackler lands at approximately the same time as the tackled player. As for intent, should it not be as relevant as how someone appears or how they conduct themselves at a hearing?
Yep, 100% a spear tackle... Felix shoulder is the first thing to hit the floor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... fO2jjNivyU
Hey Fuzzy you need that TV fixed mate, you'd nearly think big John speared him. :shock:

Seriously TV all over the place, have you got it balanced on a cylinder for the craic or what? :wink:

Have to say if I were a turnip I would reckon that's worth a citing. >TM Still the good news is he will be back for the final in which we play either Mexico or those nice Clermont people. I'll take Clermont right nigh.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by BaggyTrousers » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:06 am

Hey Fuzzy you need that TV fixed mate, you'd nearly think big John speared him.

Seriously TV all over the place, have you got it balanced on a cylinder for the craic or what?
It ain't my handywork Baggs. Found the link on MF
Mary had a little lamb . . .
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

any news on citing? Does it have to be done within a time frame? 24/48 hrs is ringing a bell with me, but was just wondering if anybody knew off the top of their head?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

stickinout wrote:any news on citing? Does it have to be done within a time frame? 24/48 hrs is ringing a bell with me, but was just wondering if anybody knew off the top of their head?
Citing should be made by 3.45pm tomorrow

(Ordinarily citings should be made within 50 hours from kick-off time according to Heiny rules)
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
stickinout wrote:any news on citing? Does it have to be done within a time frame? 24/48 hrs is ringing a bell with me, but was just wondering if anybody knew off the top of their head?
Citing should be made by 3.45pm tomorrow

(Ordinarily citings should be made within 50 hours from kick-off time according to Heiny rules)

Thanks Cap'n for that :salut: , will be interesting to see what pans out......
King Ding
Squire

Post by King Ding »

wouldnt be surprised if something did come of it and tbh we couldnt really complain much if he was banned. For me though the fact jones is reaching to get the ball he spilled makes it look worse than it is, still its silly from the big man to tip him like he did.
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

Dont expect to see a ban, maybe a citing, but his defence of good behaviour, Jones speed, body position, and the fact that jones is so light (if it was a forward afoa wouldnt have lifted him so dramatically), and no intention of harm.

At worst 2 weeks after mitigation ( for games he would be rested for anyway)
Why? Why not?
MACKTHEKNIFE
Initiate

Post by MACKTHEKNIFE »

Won't be cited by Munster in any event. Provinces have an agreement not to cite.
Standing Up for the Ulstermen on May 19th.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Good to hear Mack.

Now all we need to do is find the citing boyo and lock him in a room until tomorrow night.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Looked worse than it was. A hard game with players running full tilt into each other accidents happen. Afoa was immense, BJ who? :wink:
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

MACKTHEKNIFE wrote:Won't be cited by Munster in any event. Provinces have an agreement not to cite.
Teams CANNOT cite another team in any case. That is solely the remit of the citing officer.

Teams may bring something to the attention of the citing officer whose decision is final.

I presume what you are saying is that Munster will not be drawing it to his attention or making an issue of it. If, however, he decides to proceed on his own, even Munster cannot stop him.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Remember - the Ferris citing was not upheld.

Consider - did Afoa do anything worse than Ferris?

I am not expecting a citing for this one but if Afoa is cited it will not be upheld.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
MACKTHEKNIFE
Initiate

Post by MACKTHEKNIFE »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
MACKTHEKNIFE wrote:Won't be cited by Munster in any event. Provinces have an agreement not to cite.
Teams CANNOT cite another team in any case. That is solely the remit of the citing officer.

Teams may bring something to the attention of the citing officer whose decision is final.

I presume what you are saying is that Munster will not be drawing it to his attention or making an issue of it. If, however, he decides to proceed on his own, even Munster cannot stop him.
Correct and right Cap'n.
Standing Up for the Ulstermen on May 19th.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Re: Re: Afoa to miss the semi?

Post by ColinM »

Jackie Brown wrote:Looked worse than it was. A hard game with players running full tilt into each other accidents happen. Afoa was immense, BJ who? :wink:
According to turnips BJ dominated the scrum, Afoa contributed notathing except dirty tricks.

I know who I'd prefer in my team every day of the week
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Afoa to miss the semi?

Post by Windeos »

ColinM wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Looked worse than it was. A hard game with players running full tilt into each other accidents happen. Afoa was immense, BJ who? :wink:
According to turnips BJ dominated the scrum, Afoa contributed notathing except dirty tricks.

I know who I'd prefer in my team every day of the week
Agreed, Stephen Ferris lol