TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

pg106
Initiate

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by pg106 »

The only position in the backs that we need a quality player in is 10. With a back line of:
9. RP 10. iHumph 11.Trimble 12. PW 13. Cave 14. Bowe 15. Payne
with Gilroy, Spence, D'arcy etc providing decent back up.

The only weak link is iHumph and it would be good to get someone of quality in to mentor PJ as mentioned. However I would still prefer greater strength in depth in the backrow.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

breakdown wrote:Im happy with the back line we have already (granted Payne will replace ST) and they have a lots of experience playing with each other and compliment each other very very well, Ruan controlls the game, iHumph, well, is iHumph, Trimble looks for work while Gilroy makes more runs, Wallace creates space, Cave runs the line, defensively organises Gilroy and Terblanche is the cool head at the back.

Only a 10 could make our back line better imo.

If Brussow is interesting in signing and is out of contract next season I suggest Humph signs him up now, class player.
You do realise that Brussow thing was only started for a bit of craic? :scratch:
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

pg106 wrote:
ColinM wrote:From what I've heard, the outstanding signing is a biggish name and a back. Thats all I know. Leaves the back row lightweight, but could it be a 10?
Any names mentioned?

No name, original guy did have a name but I got it second or third hand so dont know the reliability of it, time will tell.

Not linked to the rumour put just putting it out there...ST as a player/coach for a year???
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

have also heard talks are being had with an overseas back row - name is being kept tight
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

I was told that a back row signing was to be announced on the week running up to the QF...
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
joshrooney
Novice

Post by joshrooney »

Heard from a reliable source within UR that McKinney could be moving to a French team.. Also Barker back to Glasgow but less sure of that one.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

No surprise Barker is going back... home?
McKinney playing French Division 2 rugby would be a much better experience than playing for a team like Bristol
King Ding
Squire

Post by King Ding »

breakdown wrote:No surprise Barker is going back... home?
McKinney playing French Division 2 rugby would be a much better experience than playing for a team like Bristol
Wouldnt be happy to see Barker move on, he was very good last year when called upon and although Henderson is meant to be very highly rated kepping barker for another season would be good imo. Squad depth is what we need and Barker provides that.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Agree with you, good player at Pro12 level at least. If we kept him we would have a good group of second rows with Muller, Barker, Tuohy, Stevenson, McComb and Henderson.
eoinsy96
Novice

Post by eoinsy96 »

the more time we go without signing that niq player + the better stefan plays makes me wonder...............
STANN OP VIR DIE ULSTERMAAN
Starsky
Initiate

Post by Starsky »

eoinsy96 wrote:the more time we go without signing that niq player + the better stefan plays makes me wonder...............
Only problem with that is we won't really be short of fullback or wing options next year.
One does not simply walk into Ulster
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

joshrooney wrote:Heard from a reliable source within UR that McKinney could be moving to a French team.. Also Barker back to Glasgow but less sure of that one.
McKinney is going to Bristol
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Harold7
Warrior

Post by Harold7 »

eoinsy96 wrote:the more time we go without signing that niq player + the better stefan plays makes me wonder...............
ST has been great but between Payne, Trimble, Bowe, Gilroy and D'Arcy we're pretty well off in the back three. Obviously Bowe and Trimble...and who knows maybe even Gilroy...will be involved with Ireland but that's not a reason to sign a NIQ IMO, that should be an opportunity for the likes of Cochrane and Nelson. NIQ players should be guys who are first choice by right.

Our need is much greater in the back row and probably at 10, but I'd be amazed if the IRFU let us sign a 10 given that ROG is rapdily approaching the end and it's likely that Jackson is seen as a genuine candidate to challenge Sexton in the future. The other thing is how many top out halfs are there about anyway?

We need a back row, preferably a NIQ but to be honest I'd happily take someone like Dominic Ryan or Rhys Ruddock but Heinreich Brussow would be nice obviously!
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Rhys Ruddock would be a quality signing. How much gametime does he get with Leinster?
eoinsy96
Novice

Post by eoinsy96 »

Harold7 wrote:
ST has been great but between Payne, Trimble, Bowe, Gilroy and D'Arcy we're pretty well off in the back three. Obviously Bowe and Trimble...and who knows maybe even Gilroy...will be involved with Ireland but that's not a reason to sign a NIQ IMO, that should be an opportunity for the likes of Cochrane and Nelson. NIQ players should be guys who are first choice by right.

Our need is much greater in the back row and probably at 10, but I'd be amazed if the IRFU let us sign a 10 given that ROG is rapdily approaching the end and it's likely that Jackson is seen as a genuine candidate to challenge Sexton in the future. The other thing is how many top out halfs are there about anyway?

We need a back row, preferably a NIQ but to be honest I'd happily take someone like Dominic Ryan or Rhys Ruddock but Heinreich Brussow would be nice obviously!
gilroy, bowe and trimble will all be missing at least 3 months next season, keep stefan!!!!!!!!!! :red:
STANN OP VIR DIE ULSTERMAAN