AIL FIXTURES

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

RedWhiteKnight
Novice

Re: AIL FIXTURES

Post by RedWhiteKnight »

Actually, u ask a really good question! Honestly I think the 4 players (Pritch, McMahon, Halsall and Threlfall) are all different. So in certain ways yes he's better, but then again the Dungannon back row all have different qualities themselves. Definately think Halsall deserves a crack at Ulster and McMahon is by far better than any school leavers, he himself is only 19 but has the frame and strength of a 25 year old! So who knows what will happen, neither of them came through the 'school system' though so knowing how Ulster operate they may not get their chance which would be a shame.

Have you any views yourself on these players?
If ya ain't first, you're last!
RedWhiteKnight
Novice

Post by RedWhiteKnight »

Bill wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Speaking to an Ards alicado today over lunch, if it wasn`t for all the "new" players they have called up from Jnr Clubs and even clubs outside Ulster over the past few weeks they would be struggling, makes a joke of the whole relegation battle really.
How can they do that, thought AIL squads had to registered by May/June for the incoming season!!!

As far as I am aware you can sign players from Jnr clubs throughout the season so it's perfectly legit...and desperate lol
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I believe the figure is 3 dual registered players in total . So I can't say if they have played more than that. However if memory serves me right the dual status players cannot play in a playoff against a Jnr club. I don't think Ards would be daft enough to try and play anyone not legit, or would they? The only people they are cheating are themselves anyway, I reckon that Donaghadee is the most Snr Club in North Down at the moment as both Harlequins and Ards have borrowed payers to boost the squad end of Season :duck:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

May have been registered on dual contracts.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

RedWhiteKnight wrote:Actually, u ask a really good question! Honestly I think the 4 players (Pritch, McMahon, Halsall and Threlfall) are all different. So in certain ways yes he's better, but then again the Dungannon back row all have different qualities themselves. Definately think Halsall deserves a crack at Ulster and McMahon is by far better than any school leavers, he himself is only 19 but has the frame and strength of a 25 year old! So who knows what will happen, neither of them came through the 'school system' though so knowing how Ulster operate they may not get their chance which would be a shame.

Have you any views yourself on these players?
No just heard that McMahon is a real beast.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

cjp wrote:May have been registered on dual contracts.
I would say yes, they may have been! I believe some are from down Mexico way
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

McMahon has come onto the scene from nowhere. He's been amazing and was again on Saturday. Good to see Nelson get a run out. Halsall is a real threat. Reminds me of Ross Rennie in his build. Hopefully Academy contracts Will come for these guys.
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
Bill
Novice

Post by Bill »

gannonman wrote:McMahon has come onto the scene from nowhere. He's been amazing and was again on Saturday. Good to see Nelson get a run out. Halsall is a real threat. Reminds me of Ross Rennie in his build. Hopefully Academy contracts Will come for these guys.
Read similar in the NL with McCloskey and Duhig also in with a big shout, what about Lawton he seems to have racked up a mountain of points again this season or is he too old now?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Bill wrote:
gannonman wrote:McMahon has come onto the scene from nowhere. He's been amazing and was again on Saturday. Good to see Nelson get a run out. Halsall is a real threat. Reminds me of Ross Rennie in his build. Hopefully Academy contracts Will come for these guys.
Read similar in the NL with McCloskey and Duhig also in with a big shout, what about Lawton he seems to have racked up a mountain of points again this season or is he too old now?

Yes Lawton is getting good press and would appear to be a points machine,wonder why he is not getting a look in.
RedWhiteKnight
Novice

Post by RedWhiteKnight »

McMahon is a beast, built like a bull!

There have been so many players that have consistently impressed for Dungannon this season, Lawton's points tally is ridiculous and they still have at least one more game left so who knows what he'll finish on. Ulster can't and won't take them all though but you would expect at least one of them be given a shot...however none featured for the Ravens this season which is unusual as they usually hand out a few caps to guys playing well for their club. Maybe that's down to Fitzy not releasing them or whatever. Any thoughts Gannonman?
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Lawton has been ridiculously good this season. His kicking has been outstanding but it has only started this season so I can understand why he is not in at the moment. I think Ulster get priority over the clubs so don't think Fitzy has any say on releasing them. Just a thought not a fact. McCloskey has been brilliant this year and outplayed Luke Marshall earlier in the season if I remember correctly. I hear rumours that Duhig is going back to New Zealand in the summer which is a shame but Paddy Jacksons brother Paul looks the real deal in the four or five times I have seen him.
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
RedWhiteKnight
Novice

Post by RedWhiteKnight »

Was Lawton not kicking for you last season too? Would he still go back to NZ even if you got promoted? What's Fitzy doing next season or is that still undecided?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Lawton was, started in the 2nds this year iirc. Kept out of the team by the academy boys, UR orders or natural order Gannonman?
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

This kid McMahon, whats his position? Whats his height/weight? Is he a Mid-Ulster boy or from East of the lough?

Are Ulster reps looking at him, if they are, then why isn't he with the 20s?
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

He came through the youth system, a Monaghan lad I think, started at number 8 for the 20's this season, I think he may be too old to play Under 20's next season.