Refs for HEC Semis

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Refs for HEC Semis

Post by Snipe Watson »

ruckover wrote:Poite could be bad, especially with the scrum. TC or whoever is playing front row will have to be very strong there or we're sunk. Probably will be kicking himself over the Afoa incident as well, we must be well disciplined.

Surprised Owens isn't reffing the other game. Wasn't Barnes supposed to be demoted? :scratch:
Nonsense.....Poite is a top ref and we know his style. He’ll have moved on since the QF. I’m with Baggy this is a good selection for us. Johann is always appropriately deferent to refs and our best French friend will like that.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

MACKTHEKNIFE wrote:
G-Clancy.jpg
If its an Ulster- Leinster final then a MR G.Clancy MAR will be officiating, an neutral Irish Ref for an Irish Final.
Oh please no. Oh please, no! :banghead: :duh: :argue: ># :puker:
Snipe Watson wrote:
ruckover wrote:Poite could be bad, especially with the scrum. TC or whoever is playing front row will have to be very strong there or we're sunk. Probably will be kicking himself over the Afoa incident as well, we must be well disciplined.

Surprised Owens isn't reffing the other game. Wasn't Barnes supposed to be demoted? :scratch:
Nonsense.....Poite is a top ref and we know his style. He’ll have moved on since the QF. I’m with Baggy this is a good selection for us. Johann is always appropriately deferent to refs and our best French friend will like that.
I agree that Poite is a top ref, I have always said that. But for this game he could be bad because of the way he refs the scrum. IMO it is the weakest point of his 'game' and due to the way he does ref it, our scrum could come under a lot of pressure next week.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
MACKTHEKNIFE
Initiate

Post by MACKTHEKNIFE »

blind dave.jpg
blind dave.jpg (5.29 KiB) Viewed 587 times
Standing Up for the Ulstermen on May 19th.
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Always have said Poite is an excellent referee even when others didn't. He does miss a few things though like Andy Trimble's second try (I think) v Leicester when Wannenburg and Terblanche came right in from the side in the build. Apart from the odd thing like that I think he refs the breakdown well and is pretty decent with the scrums. Him, Owens and Joubert are the best three in my opinion.
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ruckover wrote:because of the way he refs the scrum.
Howz that then?
Well I would say...........