P3 an Ulsterman

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: P3 an Ulsterman

Post by Bart S »

Interesting with threads on here praising both Pedrie and Stefan recently (and rightly so :salut: ) that both were brought in at relatively short notice in unexpected circumstances, when the main recruiting period was over.

Whilst I know not all on here are big fans of Hump and co, they do deserve a lot of credit for such very astute signings.

I thought Pedrie was decent last season, but not exceptional. Think he had a bit of success battering through in the early games (pre season or very start of the league) and we seemed to using this tactic a lot, yet he wasn't making any yards.It was a bit like Neil Best a few years ago. Personally, I've seen a different Pedrie this season.His work around the fringes and at the breakdown have been exceptional and time and time again, I've seen him make a tackle, get up and make the next tackle. It's the work he and Henry do which allows 1F a bit more freedom to do some damage in midfield on occasions and turn over attacking ball. Also has some great hands at times.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, his performances in the big games this season have been exceptional. Was my MOTM in both of our last 2 Heiny away games, which are as big as they come. Let's be honest, these are the games we expect the big name imports to shine in and where we deserately need them to. In Pedrie's case he's really stepped up for that.

Sad he's not staying from an Ulster perspective, although won't forget the impact he's made and wish him all the best at Castres. Hope he's got a big money deal and a very enjoyable life out there for a couple of seasons, as he deserves it.

:salut:
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Rooster wrote:Saved for posterity
http://youtu.be/jGspIA4EcwE
genuinely seems gutted to be leaving in that clip. We won't know what he brings till he leaves, that's when we will really miss him. Really made such a good impact on and off the pitch. :red: :salut:
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
29xThePain
Squire

Post by 29xThePain »

Gutted to see him leave. He's been great for us.
That BBC clip is very good too.

All the best Pedrie! :salut:
Follow me on Twitter
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Re: P3 an Ulsterman

Post by Jackie Brown »

Rooster wrote:Saved for posterity
http://youtu.be/jGspIA4EcwE
Wow, great tribute. Very sad to see him leave. My bro lives next door to him though and has never been invited to a Braii so I suppose he hasn't been all great... :wink:
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:He has a heart as big as the red hand of Ulster that touched it. The guy got it and both he and us are worse for parting company. I spoke to him after the match and wished him the best. He's emotional about it. Something like "it's the way it is but I wish it wasn't".

Genuinely sorry he's going.

:salut: :red:

That said, I also spoke with Willie who is also leaving. Bottom line - there are a lot including BMcL who will only be back in Ravenhill if there's a cup to show off.

Respect to them all. :red:
Top post :salut:

I had a lump in my throat when P3's game ended prematurely last night, I was gutted for him that it ended like that.
I will always be thankful that Xavier Rush reneged on that contract, as we were 100% the richer for landing P3 instead.

Best of luck to Pedrie, his wife and Ulster born baby girl :salut: :salut: :red:
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

The TV interview did it for me - it is so glaringly obvious that he never wanted to leave that it's actually maddening. Don't understand what the IRFU have against 30 year old NIQs.

Going off injured was probably a good thing though, allowed him to get the standing ovation he deserved, knowing it was for him. I'm pretty sure I saw him wiping his eyes too.

I hate the IRFU with a passion :evil:
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

ruckover wrote:The TV interview did it for me - it is so glaringly obvious that he never wanted to leave that it's actually maddening. Don't understand what the IRFU have against 30 year old NIQs.

Going off injured was probably a good thing though, allowed him to get the standing ovation he deserved, knowing it was for him. I'm pretty sure I saw him wiping his eyes too.

I hate the IRFU with a passion :evil:
Ruck - I suspect there are some good things that have happened in relation to Ulster rugby in recent years for which we should be thankful to the IRFU. I'm disappointed about Pedrie as well, but I don't think it's fair to blame all our ills on them, in the same way that it isn't fair to blame them for say our lack of depth in certain positions or lack of gametime given to certain players.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

promsandwich wrote:Lot of chat here about Pedrie being forced out as it were by the IRFU. I love the guy, he has been terrific for us and I am very sad to see him go. But I bumped into Humph Senior on the way into the ground last night and said to him that it was a real shame that Pedrie had been forced out by the IRFU. He replied that that was part of the reason but the Pedrie has also been offered a very good contract to move to France so maybe it's not all as black and white as I and others appear to believe.

On the other hand it is probably not surprising that he doesn't slag the IRFU off to some random punter who approaches him at the game.
Your own theory posed and answered by your own fair hand, Mr Sandwich.

I urge all right thinking Ulster fans who bother with an avatar to change it to Pedrie as I have been urged by a right-thinking Ulsterman.
Pedrie.jpg
Pedrie.jpg (5.83 KiB) Viewed 471 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Put the word on the street...
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:Put the word on the street...
Give me one good reason why?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I am Pedrie ....... and so is my wife
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
29xThePain
Squire

Post by 29xThePain »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
promsandwich wrote:Lot of chat here about Pedrie being forced out as it were by the IRFU. I love the guy, he has been terrific for us and I am very sad to see him go. But I bumped into Humph Senior on the way into the ground last night and said to him that it was a real shame that Pedrie had been forced out by the IRFU. He replied that that was part of the reason but the Pedrie has also been offered a very good contract to move to France so maybe it's not all as black and white as I and others appear to believe.

On the other hand it is probably not surprising that he doesn't slag the IRFU off to some random punter who approaches him at the game.
Your own theory posed and answered by your own fair hand, Mr Sandwich.

I urge all right thinking Ulster fans who bother with an avatar to change it to Pedrie as I have been urged by a right-thinking Ulsterman.
Pedrie.jpg
Didn't have an avatar til now, but top idea! :salut:
Follow me on Twitter
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:I can't seem to do it from a iPad so until I get to my computer this will have to do.
That's as good as :salut:
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Will do tomorrow, good bye deccy!
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Will do tomorrow, good bye deccy!