So it's Leinster in the final - an all Ireland final

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BrianMc
Novice

Re: So it's Leinster in the final - an all Ireland final

Post by BrianMc »

PP- Leinster 2/9 Ulster 11/4
Muineachán Abu
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

If this is an all Ireland final, do the winners get the Sam Maguire as well as the ERC? :duck:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Bart S wrote:Today showed Leinster are the top team in europe without question. That was some result and performance away from home. :salut:
Do you think the best team won today?

I don't
Agree with you there Snipe. Leinster should have lost as Fofana just had to touch the ball down and they would have won but he goofed it. As good as Leinster were they almost lost. Having said that I can't logically see us winning, but who gives a feck we'll through the entire contents of the kitchen at them and defend like..............well...........umm... Ulstermen! :red:
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

With respect to our Mexican visitors to the world's finest fans forum, I hate Mexico. I hate their arrogance & I loathe the vast majority of their "sing when you're winning fans", where were all those feckers when they couldn't even fill Donnybrook to a bulging 6000. Bandwagoners.

As for the team, I have immense respect for them but as Snipe said, they got away with it today & Barnes was like a toy poodle. They are very very professional with their cheating and Friday week ago I was enraged with how that fool of a ref Lacey allowed them to constantly play men off the ball, behind our ruck & maul. They are street smart.

I have long contended that we seldom get an even break against other provinces from the body of Irish referees, from the one-eyed Mr Clancy to the blatant cheating many years ago and since of Rolland and other incompetents. The only man who reffed fair & square is Alan Lewis & he's retired.

Well this time it will be Poite or perhaps Nigel, either will do me, Barnes is an aweful ref & I doubt he would be selected after that performance. Even playing field, you can ask no more.

Furthermore I believe I saw how we can beat Leinster last week, I'm sure it won't have been lost on McGlock & company either. For me this will be no jolly Irish meeting, there is no side in the competition I would prefer to disappoint in a final. It is a big task, they are a great team but if we can get our back row fit in the next 3 weeks we can win this.

As a side issue, last night we had a meal at an Italian in Ballsbridge & decent it was, but one of the staff joked that he was only serving us because it was his job. He revealed we had beaten his team in the quarter final. "you must be from Cork then" I said & he confirmed it. Whilst my mates were quietly impressed at me knowing which variant of Turnip he was I brushed it off with "Corkmen are bitter begrudging barstewards, not like decent Limerickmen like our Shan who are big enough to suck it up." :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
weeHughF
Novice

Post by weeHughF »

moondance wrote:If this is an all Ireland final, do the winners get the Sam Maguire as well as the ERC? :duck:
What's a Sam Maguire?

:scratch:
big andy
Novice

Post by big andy »

Leinster were good but it anything Clermont were very very unlucky today. Leinster can be beaten.

Also Cullen should have been send off for that punch and will hopefully be cited for it.
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

weeHughF wrote:
moondance wrote:If this is an all Ireland final, do the winners get the Sam Maguire as well as the ERC? :duck:
What's a Sam Maguire?

The Sam Maguire Cup is the biggest prize in Gaelic Football, it is awarded to the winners of the All-Ireland Senior Football Championship after the final at Croke Park - known as the All-Ireland Final. Hence my 'joke'.
weeHughF
Novice

Post by weeHughF »

moondance wrote:
weeHughF wrote:
What's a Sam Maguire?

The Sam Maguire Cup is the biggest prize in Gaelic Football, it is awarded to the winners of the All-Ireland Senior Football Championship after the final at Croke Park - known as the All-Ireland Final. Hence my 'joke'.
Do they discuss flegs before during and after their matches too?
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Last Knight,
"most of us know about being outnumbered" puzzles me. Surely if it's most of you then it's the majority so how can you be outnumbered? :lol: :lol:
Baggy,
You are usually a moderate voice and a source of reason on this forum, so I was a bit surprised at your negativity to Leinster.
My experience is different. I have remarked before on the commonality of Ulster and Leinster rugby culture, way of playing, importance of the schools, longstanding fixtures between our clubs and schools, social background etc. We will have a great game on May 19th and be friends after.
Snipe,
yes we were lucky today but you make your luck. We needed luck against a superb club who are a model for the rest of Europe.
Anyway, isn't it great for Eric Elwood and his band of men out west? :mexican:
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Well done to Leinster although I has hoping to put that d1ck Hines in his place at Twickenham. Suppose we'll just have to put the cheatin' gits BOD and Cullen in their place instead. STAND UP!!!!!!!!
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dublin4 wrote: Baggy,
You are usually a moderate voice and a source of reason on this forum
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Have you been out in the sun D4
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Furthermore I believe I saw how we can beat Leinster last week, I'm sure it won't have been lost on McGlock & company either. For me this will be no jolly Irish meeting, there is no side in the competition I would prefer to disappoint in a final. It is a big task, they are a great team but if we can get our back row fit in the next 3 weeks we can win this.
I hope you're right this time but your semi final prediction of a total walk over wasn't exactly accurate!
brick
Novice

Post by brick »

I know it's not the be all and end all but with full strength teams, how many Leinster players would you swap for Ulstermen?
ARGUABLY none in the pack and the backs three/four. (Not mentioning any names as unfair to yesterday's heroes)
They have more depth for sure but our boys have shown they can play for 80 as they did in TP.
Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

After that game I would rather play Leinster than Clermont. Leinster scrum was weak and we can expose that, as we did at the game a few weeks ago when our front row had the beating of theirs. They have a very good counter attacking back three in Kearney, Nacewa and Fitzgerald but so do we, Gilroy is an up and coming Irish winger set for international honours, Trimble was one of the best Irish wingers all season and in STB we have an experienced full back.

Cullen will be a huge loss and the game will be won and lost in the back row IMO, if our back row can front up and get running at Sexton I think we have a really good chance. Not saying we are going to win, Leinster are clear favourites and would win 9/10 times, but people said that about our chances at the Munster game, but its a knockout game that we are massive under dogs in which suits us so who knows!! SUFTUM!! :red:
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
rakem
Novice

Post by rakem »

breakdown wrote:After that game I would rather play Leinster than Clermont. Leinster scrum was weak and we can expose that, as we did at the game a few weeks ago when our front row had the beating of theirs. They have a very good counter attacking back three in Kearney, Nacewa and Fitzgerald but so do we, Gilroy is an up and coming Irish winger set for international honours, Trimble was one of the best Irish wingers all season and in STB we have an experienced full back.

Cullen will be a huge loss and the game will be won and lost in the back row IMO, if our back row can front up and get running at Sexton I think we have a really good chance. Not saying we are going to win, Leinster are clear favourites and would win 9/10 times, but people said that about our chances at the Munster game, but its a knockout game that we are massive under dogs in which suits us so who knows!! SUFTUM!! :red:
breakdown ur talking as if ur very confident that cullen will be cited. i didnt see said incident (must have been first half?) could u post a link or tell me the time roughly so i can catch it on u tube.