Ulster v Edinburgh Positives and Negatives

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UIBF
Novice

Re: Ulster v Edinburgh Positives and Negatives

Post by UIBF »

big mervyn wrote:
UIBF wrote:
BuckRogers wrote:It works in an all-seater Stadium if everyone does indeed Stand-up however there was definitely some folks there that didn't wish to stand up because they were either Edinburgh fans, less mobile or in a few cases grumpy feckers who simply did not wish to partake in the craic.
Grumpy feckers have rights too do they not. Should these be ignored?

Stand up in some football grounds in England and you'll be ejected. <insert ejector smiley>
Need a special grumpy oul fecker section in the Aviva with a tartan rug, ear plugs and a bag of Werthers originals under each seat.
Maybe make them ejector seats with grumpometer triggers. This could work. :scratch: I'll cut you in with 10% of net profits if you do the marketing. Deal? :salut:

Talking of grumps. The Block 53A end of year night out on the razzle must be a bundle of larfs.

caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Baggy said

'Then again if we scrummage like that again against an overblown Fat Ross & an underpowered but strong minded Cian Healy we can win the game.'

'It will come down to Johannes Gysbert Muller a paragon of virtue having a better pack than that filthy dirty ugly barsteward Plug Cullen who I have detested since he learned alongside that other wee maggot at Leicester how to be a really really good cheat & crap sportsman. I hope he isn't cited, I hope an Ulsterman tears his fecking heart out and feeds it to him. Did I mention he is a cheating despicable ugly barsteward?'

'I expect Leinster to try to bully us physically by fair means but mainly by foul, they are a sleekid shower, remember that nasty wee ballix BOD a week or so back? We need to understand that and to be ready to scrap with them at the drop of a hat, I reckon this will get a tad feisty & we need to go toe to toe, if not we are bate before we start, no make that bait because they will tear us apart if we are weak.'

I'm totally in agreement with BT here.

SUFTUM
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Not a bad thing that we got a taste of that a couple of weeks ago.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Agree with Baggy. We have played poorly, in an attacking sense, against Munster and now Edinburgh yet still won.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UIBF
Novice

Post by UIBF »

BaggyTrousers wrote:It will come down to Johannes Gysbert Muller a paragon of virtue having a better pack than that filthy dirty ugly barsteward Plug Cullen who I have detested since he learned alongside that other wee maggot at Leicester how to be a really really good cheat & crap sportsman. I hope he isn't cited, I hope an Ulsterman tears his fecking heart out and feeds it to him. Did I mention he is a cheating despicable ugly barsteward?

I expect Leinster to try to bully us physically by fair means but mainly by foul, they are a sleekid shower, remember that nasty wee ballix BOD a week or so back? We need to understand that and to be ready to scrap with them at the drop of a hat, I reckon this will get a tad feisty & we need to go toe to toe, if not we are bate before we start, no make that bait because they will tear us apart if we are weak.

Fight fight fight. :red: :red: :red:
Jeez, you didn't miss with that post.
BaggyTrousers wrote: Then again if we scrummage like that again against an overblown Fat Ross & an underpowered but strong minded Cian Healy we can win the game.
I was genuinely concerned about our scrummage pre match.

By the end of Jacobson's game I was embarrassed for him.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

I'm with Baggy. The players need to forget their 'friendships' in the final and go out and beat 2 living daylights out of them, because if they don't you can be damn sure that the likes of D'arcy, BOD and Cullen will give the Ulster team a few digs.
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Big-al wrote:I'm with Baggy. The players need to forget their 'friendships' in the final and go out and beat 2 living daylights out of them, because if they don't you can be damn sure that the likes of D'arcy, BOD and Cullen will give the Ulster team a few digs.
Didn't Rory & Plug have a wee bit of handbags last year?
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

AyeYerMa wrote:
Big-al wrote:I'm with Baggy. The players need to forget their 'friendships' in the final and go out and beat 2 living daylights out of them, because if they don't you can be damn sure that the likes of D'arcy, BOD and Cullen will give the Ulster team a few digs.
Yeah I remember that too. It's the constant head patting he does too, highly annoying to watch.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

caledoniancelt wrote:Baggy said

'Then again if we scrummage like that again against an overblown Fat Ross & an underpowered but strong minded Cian Healy we can win the game.'

'It will come down to Johannes Gysbert Muller a paragon of virtue having a better pack than that filthy dirty ugly barsteward Plug Cullen who I have detested since he learned alongside that other wee maggot at Leicester how to be a really really good cheat & crap sportsman. I hope he isn't cited, I hope an Ulsterman tears his fecking heart out and feeds it to him. Did I mention he is a cheating despicable ugly barsteward?'

'I expect Leinster to try to bully us physically by fair means but mainly by foul, they are a sleekid shower, remember that nasty wee ballix BOD a week or so back? We need to understand that and to be ready to scrap with them at the drop of a hat, I reckon this will get a tad feisty & we need to go toe to toe, if not we are bate before we start, no make that bait because they will tear us apart if we are weak.'

I'm totally in agreement with BT here.

SUFTUM
I agree as well, friendships will be left behind once they cross that white line, I think that was shown by Trimble standing up to Kearney and BOD 10 days ago and I would expect alot more of the same at Twickenham.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Dave wrote:
AyeYerMa wrote:
Yeah I remember that too. It's the constant head patting he does too, highly annoying to watch.
And his ugliness :duck:
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

If the guys aren't bloodthirsty by the 19th May there will be something badly wrong - they must be up for it 1,000,000%

We've got to raise our game by about five notches too. NO dropped passes, NO stupid penalties in the middle of the pitch, NO lapses in defence. And most of all, be clinical. Even if it's a sniff of a chance, we've gotta get at least 3 points from it. Those are the tight margins that win you the Heineken Cup.

Leinster will be trying their sneaky moves, a wee push here, a dig in a ruck there. We've got to rise above it and be the better team. I'd rather we were known as the losers who played fair and gave it their all than the winners who had to cheat their way to victory.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

UIBF wrote: By the end of Jacobson's game I was embarrassed for him.
The much revered Chunk was handed his ass on a platter by an Ulster man who was not within an ass’s roar of being match fit and hasn’t played for eons...... 'twas a beautiful thing.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

cjp wrote: I agree as well, friendships will be left behind once they cross that white line, I think that was shown by Trimble standing up to Kearney and BOD 10 days ago and I would expect alot more of the same at Twickenham.
This is all true. Plug and BOD are sleekid wee currs and will try to have players carded. Discipline must be 100% if a punch is thrown....suck it up and make sure the ref sees it.
Husky
Novice

Post by Husky »

Snipe Watson wrote:
cjp wrote: I agree as well, friendships will be left behind once they cross that white line, I think that was shown by Trimble standing up to Kearney and BOD 10 days ago and I would expect alot more of the same at Twickenham.
This is all true. Plug and BOD are sleekid wee currs and will try to have players carded. Discipline must be 100% if a punch is thrown....suck it up and make sure the ref sees it.
Very true.

We could try and use it to our advantage. I remember BOD punching Henry at the RDS some time ago and getting away with it, and then he lashed out at Trimble last time out. He rarely gets into fights but he tends to do it more so with us for some reason.
“I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don’t have as many people who believe it.”
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Ulster v Edinburgh Positives and Negatives

Post by shamalicious »

Husky wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Very true.

We could try and use it to our advantage. I remember BOD punching Henry at the RDS some time ago and getting away with it, and then he lashed out at Trimble last time out. He rarely gets into fights but he tends to do it more so with us for some reason.

Was BOD's punch on Henry not 2 weeks ago?
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten