Big Screen At City Hall

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Big Screen At City Hall

Post by AyeYerMa »

UIBF wrote: Oh I don't know. You've side stepped the question of the application of your own rules for contacting residents when that rule was applied to games at Ravenhill.

Go on, tell us.

Should the UB write to ALL the residents of the wider Cregagh area every time there's a match at Ravenhill?
And I mentioned this when exactly?

A.N. Other stated that he wasn't asked if he wanted a parade to occur or not.
I stated that he was asked, but the askers "didn't really advertise"
You stated that they do advertise
I stated that an advertisement that you have to go looking for isn't much of an advertisement.

That's really it. Apart from the aside about a basement toilet with Beware of The Leopard written on it.

I have no idea what you mean by rules
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
UIBF
Novice

Post by UIBF »

AyeYerMa wrote:
UIBF wrote: Oh I don't know. You've side stepped the question of the application of your own rules for contacting residents when that rule was applied to games at Ravenhill.

Go on, tell us.

Should the UB write to ALL the residents of the wider Cregagh area every time there's a match at Ravenhill?
And I mentioned this when exactly?

A.N. Other stated that he wasn't asked if he wanted a parade to occur or not.
I stated that an advertisement that you have to go looking for isn't much of an advertisement.

That's really it. Apart from the aside about a basement toilet with Beware of The Leopard written on it.

I have no idea what you mean by rules
Let's break this down into bit size chunks.
AyeYerMa wrote: And I mentioned this when exactly?
I'm getting there, be patient.
AyeYerMa wrote: A.N. Other stated that he wasn't asked if he wanted a parade to occur or not.
I put "advertise" in quotes and attempted to be helpful by providing the link to the website where parades can be easily found. However, organisers meeting their legal requirement and details being posted on this not very top secret site didn't meet your expectation levels.
AyeYerMa wrote: I stated that an advertisement that you have to go looking for isn't much of an advertisement. That's really it.
Well, not quite .......

You can up with the planning analogy and being informed about by post and not a interest based lookup. I told you it was a poor analogy. An analogy which suggests the parades commission informing 1000s of homes of a parade in their area. Completely daft.

Now, being consistent and applying that same analogy to the residents (mopes) of the Cregeah area would suggest they should also be informed by post of every event (match). Completely daft.

In short, I'm saying that expecting personal notification of a recurring type event (parade/game) is an unrealistic and needy expectation and one that includes a potentially very expensive mailshot.
AyeYerMa wrote: Apart from the aside about a basement toilet with Beware of The Leopard written on it.
You must live on a hill.
AyeYerMa wrote:I have no idea what you mean by rules
Laws. That used to crack my old teacher up when someone asked about rugby rules.
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Might work if parades were recurring. They ain't. The wee band here practices and has a run out whenever they get the nod. They need it, ghod love them.

We could well have had the same teacher.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Yer old teacher would be really pleased if he/she could see how you've turned out now!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
UIBF
Novice

Post by UIBF »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Yer old teacher would be really pleased if he/she could see how you've turned out now!
You think?

I would be pleased, but I didn't really like him.
UIBF
Novice

Post by UIBF »

AyeYerMa wrote:Might work if parades were recurring. They ain't. The wee band here practices and has a run out whenever they get the nod. They need it, god love them.
"Recurring type" - like matches. You can't set you clock by them, by they pop up often enough.

The word parade brings out prejudices in people though. The PC is not just for the Loyal Orders and bands. Republican parades, GB, BB, Scouts etc etc. Even the British Legion parading to a war memorial - maybe even the War Memorial to our war dead in Ravenhill. That would really wind those pesky Ravenhill residents up.
AyeYerMa wrote:We could well have had the same teacher.
He was a ref too. The worst mix!
eoinsy96
Novice

Post by eoinsy96 »

UIBF you joined on sunday and with all due respect, all you've done is pick fights with bare little relevance to the actual thread
STANN OP VIR DIE ULSTERMAAN
UIBF
Novice

Post by UIBF »

eoinsy96 wrote:UIBF you joined on sunday and with all due respect, all you've done is pick fights with bare little relevance to the actual thread
Hey, that's unfair. I've questioned people about their own judgemental prejudices on one thread - not this one.

It would be a sorry world if we have to accept other peoples' views without the right to question those said views. I'm hardly going round hurling abuse at all and sundry. As I say, unfair. :?
eoinsy96
Novice

Post by eoinsy96 »

UIBF wrote:
eoinsy96 wrote:UIBF you joined on sunday and with all due respect, all you've done is pick fights with bare little relevance to the actual thread
Hey, that's unfair. I've questioned people about their own judgemental prejudices on one thread - not this one.

It would be a sorry world if we have to accept other peoples' views without the right to question those said views. I'm hardly going round hurling abuse at all and sundry. As I say, unfair. :?
your just :stir: imo. i dont really think it is unfair as it bares no relevance to this thread merely petty point scoring on your behalf
UIBF
Novice

Post by UIBF »

eoinsy96 wrote:
UIBF wrote:

your just :stir: imo. i dont really think it is unfair as it bares no relevance to this thread merely petty point scoring on your behalf
Eh? What bares no relevance to this thread?

I'll guess at "parades"?

I didn't bring parades up. :?

Not guilty on that score. :salut:
eoinsy96
Novice

Post by eoinsy96 »

not going to be drawn into petty squables as its off topic, back on topic mulligan has agreed to bring the idea to the powers that be at ravers...
UIBF
Novice

Post by UIBF »

eoinsy96 wrote:not going to be drawn into petty squables as its off topic
Agreed. Feel free to PM me.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

BACK ON TOPIC

Is this happening or is it still just a rumour?
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Koonak
Novice

Post by Koonak »

Seriously should be shown at Ravenhill. think of all the mini teams, youth teams, school teams who could all come along to see it on a big screen - we are one of the lucky few to have booked our tickets before Ulster even got through (we had every faith!). So many of these kids come to watch week in, week out, play at half time, aspire to follow in the footsteps of the team when they are out playing for their clubs or schools at the weekend. They surely wont be going to the BOT to watch it or the Europa! I really think in the spirit of the final the local residents would put up - let everyone living in a mile radius of the stadium in for free (need ID proof of address or something and would be a good gesture in building up relationships with the community) - might get profits from the bar! I remember watching Ireland play one of the 2007 RWC games on the big screen at ravenhill - was a crackin evening and loads of people stayed on to watch it. There was a bit of hassle about everyone congregating on the pitch but sure its the end of the season and we have just reached the final after 13 years! The home of Ulster rugby should recognise not everyone can get over to Twickenham and not everyone can sit in the pub to watch it either. Offer a family alternative and open Ravenhill! Sky could even do home coverage during the interval from Ravenhill - much better option than the City Hall too! Co'mon the powers that be at Ulster Rugby get the pressure on ... oh and any chance of flags for the final :thumright:
Riddick
Novice

Post by Riddick »

Would there actually be any Ulster Rugby / Ulster Branch staff available on the 19th May to be able to facilitate this ?
And as the player tried to take the field, the marching band refused to yield and do you recall what was revealed........