Ulster v Edinburgh Positives and Negatives

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Husky
Novice

Re: Ulster v Edinburgh Positives and Negatives

Post by Husky »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:Nope - Magners semi last year.

I like Nevin's sympathy pains. :lol:
:lol:

Let's hope he repeats it right in front of Poite in the final :wink:
“I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don’t have as many people who believe it.”
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

I have, or had I've probably binned them, a nice wee sequence of BOD delivering a very sneaky uppercut to one of the spaghetti enthusiasts at Faminio last year. I was watching it, obviously, but didn't notice. Only picked up on it when I looked at the photies - For various reasons I seldom hold onto the controversial ones.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Husky wrote:
LastKnightoftheproms wrote:Nope - Magners semi last year.

I like Nevin's sympathy pains. :lol:
:lol:

Let's hope he repeats it right in front of Poite in the final :wink:
Almost looks as if Chris dodged a fist and Nev caught it in the right headlight.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

shamalicious wrote:Was BOD's punch on Henry not 2 weeks ago?
He at least attempted to punch Trimble, dont know if he made contact but Trimble wasn't backing down. This was after Andy T won a penalty for Kearney holding on and continuing to do so after the whistle preventing the quick pen.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Dave wrote:
shamalicious wrote:Was BOD's punch on Henry not 2 weeks ago?
He at least attempted to punch Trimble, dont know if he made contact but Trimble wasn't backing down. This was after Andy T won a penalty for Kearney holding on and continuing to do so after the whistle preventing the quick pen.
Yes I remember that particular incident. BOD does seem to have a vicious streak in him.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

BOD is an outstanding rugby player ability wise. However on and off the field is a bit of a sh1te. never forget my young brother haging around outside the RDS after we get a thumping a few years back to get signatures. BOD walks out, grumbles alot eventually stands with my bro and his 2 mates while a woman, either his PR minder or sister or something 'takes the photo'. After BOD and his lady friend scuttle off didn't the discover that she had only pretended to take the photo.

Nice
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
utilityback
Novice

Post by utilityback »

It's one thing I love about watching Ulster in particular 1F whenever an oppo player tries to get under his skin either by punching or a bit of pushing and shoving 1F tends to just stand his ground with both arms by his side and says "Come on try your luck big lad". I have seen this on numerous occasions in both White and Green and for why all players young and old should look to him as a role model on the field. I would also say this about the whole team we are very good with personally with not being wound up by gobby little so and so's like Parra who look for a tap and go down screaming like a continental footballer the prop in the Leinster Clermont game was just sad to watch after Cullen's tap on the face.
Husky
Novice

Post by Husky »

Jackie Brown wrote:BOD is an outstanding rugby player ability wise. However on and off the field is a bit of a sh1te. never forget my young brother haging around outside the RDS after we get a thumping a few years back to get signatures. BOD walks out, grumbles alot eventually stands with my bro and his 2 mates while a woman, either his PR minder or sister or something 'takes the photo'. After BOD and his lady friend scuttle off didn't the discover that she had only pretended to take the photo.

Nice
Classy. That story kinda backs up the saying 'never meet your heroes as you'll only be disappointed'.

I remember during the Lions tour in South Africa how all the Bok fans would say how BOD was an arrogant so 'n' so, and I would find myself defending him. However, since then, listening to him in interviews and what not, I feel that maybe they were right all along. He's a world class talent, but maybe all that praise has went to his head.

A bit of humility is endearing in people who are good at what they do. Just look at Pienaar. The guy is one of the most talented players in the world, yet he is so modest about it, almost embarrassed when praise is being heaped upon him.
“I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don’t have as many people who believe it.”
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

Bod's attitude to the fans when Ireland played Italy at Ravenhill spoke volumes I thought. He's a talented arrogant whinging little gurrier.
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Scranner wrote:Bod's attitude to the fans when Ireland played Italy at Ravenhill spoke volumes I thought. He's a talented arrogant whinging little gurrier.
What happened Scranner?
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

cjp wrote:
I agree as well, friendships will be left behind once they cross that white line, I think that was shown by Trimble standing up to Kearney and BOD 10 days ago and I would expect alot more of the same at Twickenham.
Poor example there cj. By all accounts Trimble and BOD arn't friends off the pitch either. :lol:
Mary had a little lamb . . .
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

fuzzylogic wrote:
cjp wrote:
I agree as well, friendships will be left behind once they cross that white line, I think that was shown by Trimble standing up to Kearney and BOD 10 days ago and I would expect alot more of the same at Twickenham.
Poor example there cj. By all accounts Trimble and BOD arn't friends off the pitch either. :lol:
No they arent.
BOD not a great fan of bible thumpers allegedly.
He may come across one or two in a couple of weeks.
Would love to see him start on Johan.
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

:D Well him and Kearney anyway, the 2 of them where chatting at the end of the game.

It basically comes down to the fact we have to step up to a level of intensity and physicality greater than the quarter final if we are to win at Twickenham.
Husky
Novice

Post by Husky »

bazzaj wrote:
fuzzylogic wrote:
cjp wrote:
No they arent.
BOD not a great fan of bible thumpers allegedly.
He may come across one or two in a couple of weeks.
Would love to see him start on Johan.
Not being a fan of religion doesn't excuse behaving like a disrespectful te-what.

The only chance of him starting on Johann is if he has some forwards to intervene whilst he retreats like a playground coward.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

BOD is a pancy anyway.

He'd start on someone like Paddy or Craig, but would tom kite himself if Ferris, Johann or Dan got him by the throat.

I detest people like that. If BOD starts a scrap I'll be the 1st one in the crowd to stand up and provoke the situation!!!!