Ulster fans in Dublin

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster fans in Dublin

Post by Kofi Annan »

rocky wrote:Agreed, Cavanman. No point in these generalised comments. Both places are expensive as are most capital cities. Tend to agree with Snipe about Edinburgh, though.
I just love Lahore, slums a bit worse than Ballymun, but curry houses better than anything in Edinburgh
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Kofi Annan wrote:
rocky wrote:Agreed, Cavanman. No point in these generalised comments. Both places are expensive as are most capital cities. Tend to agree with Snipe about Edinburgh, though.
I just love Lahore, slums a bit worse than Ballymun, but curry houses better than anything in Edinburgh
Bradford's the place for curry houses.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:
I was sat in the South East corner and had the sun the whole game, shorts and t-shirt weather and you can tell from my bake that we got the sun.
Sat there myself Jackie for the Ireland v Italy game on a remarkable March day and was down to the tee shirt for almost the entire match, was almost like Milton Keynes last year.

On Saturday I was in the top deck for the 2nd time & for the 2nd time it was Baltic. I think if the wind is anywhere ranging from NW to NE it comes in over the stupid end and howls around the upper deck then unless you are fortunate enough to have direct sunshine you get frigging perished.

Great view from near half-way but unless guaranteed a southerly wind I will go for the lower deck in future with a view of the screen.

Just confirmed to me that I dislike the Aviva with a passion - coldest greenhouse in the world. :evil:

As for behaviour, from my lofty perch, both physically & morally, I saw nothing untoward and like 1999 you are always going to get assholes thinking they are there to represent the :oman: - members of the master-race or scumbegs as I prefer to call them. There is no chance whatsoever of having to tolerate this humanoid sub-species at Ravenhill, afterall they'd have nobody to offend therefore their entire purpose in life would be unfulfilled. I fart in their general direction.

What I do hope is that some or more of the well behaved day trippers caught the bug.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Was queueing to pay for my Derv yesterday in a non rugby (at all) village and I heard two weemen gassing about Ulster rugby. Clearly neither knew one end of a rugby pitch from another, but the two husbands had obviously took the childers down for the day, and one of the childers (obviously the intillegent one) was getting a season ticket for his birthday in June :cheers:
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Well said bagster!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

shamalicious wrote:I must be a hardened lass from nights at Ravenhill! We were about 7 rows from the very back of block 505 upper west and I had my coat off the whole time. Was a bit nippy but didn't think it was too bad.
You see here is the thing, Shammy, drop weemen in the freezing waters of the north Atlantic at the same time as men & they live longer. All to do with percentages of body fat apparently. You aren't a porker by any chance? That might explain your relative comfort............................ I'm only saying :(
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
petey11
Novice

Post by petey11 »

"As for behaviour, from my lofty perch, both physically & morally, I saw nothing untoward and like 1999 you are always going to get assholes thinking they are there to represent the - members of the master-race or scumbegs as I prefer to call them. There is no chance whatsoever of having to tolerate this humanoid sub-species at Ravenhill, afterall they'd have nobody to offend therefore their entire purpose in life would be unfulfilled. I fart in their general direction."

I like your posts in general Baggy but this one I think I love :)

There will be a few of the less savoury hangers on from our success but as you said, these sub-species won't be seen at Ravenhill as they know full well they'll be laughed at and told to get lost. They simply won't be tolerated.

On the flip side, there's a student on placement in my office who had only ever viewed rugby from afar. I have yapped on all year about Ulster and his interest was sparked because of what I told him about the whole rugby community, the fans, the attitudes of the platers etc. He decided to get a taste for himself and attended Ravers for the Leinster game and loved it. He said he'd never experienced that kind of easy going, all welcoming atmosphere and decided to give rugby another taste. He and his parent attended the semi-final at the weekend and from that, his father (a lifelong GAA man) will be going to as many Ulster games as possible next year (although friday night kickoffs are impossible to get to). The young lad in question has already planned to attend Ravers weekly as he'll be living in Belfast.

Oh and by the way, he wasn't put off by any flags being waved ;)
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

BaggyTrousers wrote: On Saturday I was in the top deck for the 2nd time & for the 2nd time it was Baltic.

There is no chance whatsoever of having to tolerate this humanoid sub-species at Ravenhill, afterall they'd have nobody to offend therefore their entire purpose in life would be unfulfilled.
Ah Baggy, you wern't in 524 Upper by any chance.....have to say I was warm
enough........kept so by this blast of HOT AIR coming from close by :duck: :thumleft:

On a more serious note though - I do feel as you mention, that we and UR need to be
very careful and vigilant over then next couple of seasons regarding "infection" from
various and different "sub-species". With increased success, the new stands
going up @ the same time as well as UR pushing for larger attendances....it's under
this umbrella that I'd hate to see any undesirables slip in. Yes, we can and will play
our part but UR need to be aware and play a bigger role also if they are looking to
attract families and kids. With the type of regulars already in place, who I know will
"police" things, there is less of a danger, but there is still a danger none the less.
Ravers in my mind is a treasure..........but a treasure that must be guarded. :red:
Last edited by Mac on Thu May 03, 2012 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

Mac wrote: With the type of regulars already in place, who I know will
"police" things, there is less of a danger, but there is still a danger none the less.
Ravers in my mind is a treasure..........but a treasure that must be guarded. :red:
Totally agree Mac.

If someone can manage to shoe-horn "That type of behaviour will not be tolerated in this establishment" into a catchy chant for the Ravers faithful, I reckon we're onto a winner.
petey11
Novice

Post by petey11 »

"If someone can manage to shoe-horn "That type of behaviour will not be tolerated in this establishment" into a catchy chant for the Ravers faithful, I reckon we're onto a winner."

Does it have to be to a Pet Shop Boys tune as well Onemore?
Just for consistency's sake ;)
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

OneMore wrote:
Mac wrote: With the type of regulars already in place, who I know will
Totally agree Mac.

If someone can manage to shoe-horn "That type of behaviour will not be tolerated in this establishment" into a catchy chant for the Ravers faithful, I reckon we're onto a winner.
:)

Would "You're going home in a ****** ambulance!" be a touch hypocritical? ;)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

big mervyn wrote: Bradford's the place for curry houses.
Not bad at all, I found a gem in Wibsey but I don't recall the name. Birmingham has a few crackers too. The "Curry Mile" in Manchester is one of the biggest disappointments of my curry eating life, there's good curry there but it's nothing special.

There are no good Indians in Belfast.

Best I've found anywhere was in Douglas, converted Victorian house and it still felt like sitting in someone's front room. It's now a block of holiday apartments. :duh:
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Staying not too far from Brick Lane for the HC final so might try one of the curry houses there.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

AyeYerMa wrote:There are no good Indians in Belfast.
Any good Cowboys? :roll:
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
weeHughF
Novice

Post by weeHughF »

Mac wrote:
AyeYerMa wrote:There are no good Indians in Belfast.
Any good Cowboys? :roll:
Aye, we normally call them plumbers, electricians, builders, gardeners.

Normally seen riding great white horses up the Malone road to come to the aid of an unsuspecting pensioner!

Think they all got imported from D4 at one point