Big Screen At City Hall

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Mummer
Novice

Re: Big Screen At City Hall

Post by Mummer »

Kofi Annan wrote:Will they have to remove the Union Flag from the city hall in case it offends some of our more delicate fans. :roll:

Is your name some kind of Orwellian joke?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Davy Browne as a child ...

All he could see from up there was a rugby pitch. Explains a lot.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Re: Re: Big Screen At City Hall

Post by Big-al »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Big-al wrote:Why would the ULSTER team go to a reception at the city hall?

Its more than Belfast team believe it or not :shock:
Where would you have the reception Big Al? Ballymena Townhall? A church hall in Aughnacloy? You do realise although they are an all Ulster team they are based in the Belfast area, train there, play there and have their major supporter base there. Belfast is also the economic, industrial and population center of Ulster.

Maybe they should have an open top bus tour round the whole province stopping at every house for a cuppa on the way...
Stormount.

A building that is suppost to represent more than just Belfast, ye know?
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Big-al wrote: Stormount.

<pedant> You mean the seat of Government of Northern Ireland? but what about the fans in..... </pedant>

Can you see where this is going?

A team based in Belfast, whose home ground is in the Greater Belfast area :wink:. I can't for the life of me think why the City Council would want to ask them in for a canape & cup o' tae.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
weeHughF
Novice

Post by weeHughF »

AyeYerMa wrote:
Big-al wrote: Stormount.

<pedant> You mean the seat of Government of Northern Ireland? but what about the fans in..... </pedant>

Can you see where this is going?

A team based in Belfast, whose home ground is in the Greater Belfast area :wink:. I can't for the life of me think why the City Council would want to ask them in for a canape & cup o' tae.
Probably easiest to have the parade in Dublin, more fans would turn out for it to wave their flegs!
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Durban?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
petey11
Novice

Post by petey11 »

Actually is it worth risking having any kind of reception or victory parade in case there would be any offensive link to N.Ireland and all that guff. We'd need it to be one heck of a victory parade travelling at high speed in order to take in Cavan, Donegal and Monaghan as well as the 6 counties in N.Ireland. Mind you we could always miss out Tyrone............... :) :) 8)

City hall reception it is then if we want to impress the rest of Europe ;)
weeHughF
Novice

Post by weeHughF »

petey11 wrote:Actually is it worth risking having any kind of reception or victory parade in case there would be any offensive link to N.Ireland and all that guff. We'd need it to be one heck of a victory parade travelling at high speed in order to take in Cavan, Donegal and Monaghan as well as the 6 counties in N.Ireland. Mind you we could always miss out Tyrone............... :) :) 8)

City hall reception it is then if we want to impress the rest of Europe ;)
Is the rest of Europe watching?

I thought only the Irish took the HEC seriously
UIBF
Novice

Post by UIBF »

Kofi Annan wrote:Will they have to remove the Union Flag from the city hall in case it offends some of our more delicate fans. :roll:
Well if the war memorial arch to British war dead is being knocked down to make Ravenhill a neutral environment, then why not I suppose.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I'd expect a receptio at Ciy Hall - Belfast is the home of UR and Stormount.

If we did bring the trophy home it should also be taken to every rugby playing school in the 9 counties - non rugby playing ones too if they so desire.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

UIBF wrote: Well if the war memorial arch to British war dead is being knocked down to make Ravenhill a neutral environment, then why not I suppose.
The war memorial arch is NOT being knocked down, it is being moved to another part of the ground to improve access to one side of the ground. Nothing to do with making Ravenhill a neutral environment, it will still be there.
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

big mervyn wrote:I'd expect a receptio at Ciy Hall - Belfast is the home of UR and Stormount.

If we did bring the trophy home it should also be taken to every rugby playing school in the 9 counties - non rugby playing ones too if they so desire.
This is one of the areas in which the trophy's current sponsor is a bit awkward.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
nylo
Novice

Post by nylo »

AyeYerMa wrote:
big mervyn wrote:I'd expect a receptio at Ciy Hall - Belfast is the home of UR and Stormount.

This is one of the areas in which the trophy's current sponsor is a bit awkward.
True. I happened to be in SS Moore's when the trophy was there just before the Northampton game last season and before I could get my pic with it, the cup's bodyguard asked me if I was over 18 (bless him - it must have been the fresh off the hockey pitch and still in kit look that gave me a youthful air - or seared his eye sockets...!)
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

AyeYerMa wrote:

Does Heineken count as alcohol? Should be downgraded to fizzy water.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UIBF
Novice

Re: Re: Re: Big Screen At City Hall

Post by UIBF »

moondance wrote:
UIBF wrote: Well if the war memorial arch to British war dead is being knocked down to make Ravenhill a neutral environment, then why not I suppose.
The war memorial arch is NOT being knocked down, it is being moved to another part of the ground to improve access to one side of the ground. Nothing to do with making Ravenhill a neutral environment, it will still be there.
I know.

However, once the "nationalist/republican/shamed to be unionist/IRFU" PC brigade get their thinking caps on?

Has it's new location been finalised? I hope it's not in some obscure corner.