A tricky Commute ?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ulster87
Novice

Re: A tricky Commute ?

Post by ulster87 »

We have booked transport through Chambers Coaches. They are doing a deal for £99 including the ferries across which is the cheapest we have found so far compared to the flights, and it also cuts out getting to and from the airport and all that hassle :D
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

TinPig wrote:
darkside lightside wrote:mine's a tough one - wake up in my own comfortable bed at about 10.30 on the morning of the final, have a leisurely breakfast, hop on the train to Waterloo maybe grab a bite of lunch then get the train to Twickers, all-in cost of £8.50 :D living in London finally pays off :cheers:
Jeepers, crikey, good golly miss Molly. I'm amazed Tinnie, Had always expect to discover DL was a bit of a munter but that wino/beero has the look of a 70s filmstar who hasn't had a paying part since ............ well, since the seventies. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Good to see he can still afford to gel his hair or is that the Cameron Diaz look? Could never tell the difference between C Diaz & Zippy, can anyone help?
zippy.jpg
zippy.jpg (17.96 KiB) Viewed 512 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ulster87 wrote:We have booked transport through Chambers Coaches. They are doing a deal for £99 including the ferries across which is the cheapest we have found so far compared to the flights, and it also cuts out getting to and from the airport and all that hassle :D
Great value. Just hope you are <5'8"
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Baggy....... Like the comparison to the Alamo but the problem may be the Mexicans won the battle otherwise good material for a banner I think

Some people really putting themselves out to get the final still not sure if I can make the effort.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
ulster87
Novice

Post by ulster87 »

Snipe Watson wrote:
ulster87 wrote:We have booked transport through Chambers Coaches. They are doing a deal for £99 including the ferries across which is the cheapest we have found so far compared to the flights, and it also cuts out getting to and from the airport and all that hassle :D
I dont understand your 5'8" comment, i travelled on their coaches downt he the Six Nations Ire v Wales and to be honest it couldn't have been a better day apart from the result!
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Could never tell the difference between C Diaz & Zippy, can anyone help?
Honestly you can't tell the difference? I could be crude, but I won't...
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

If I were 20 years younger and hadn't already booked flights, I think the PaddyWagon tours trip would be very appealing. Sounds like a major session from beginning to end.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ulster87 wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
I dont understand your 5'8" comment, i travelled on their coaches downt he the Six Nations Ire v Wales and to be honest it couldn't have been a better day apart from the result!
What height are you?
Belfast - Dublin 2.5 hours in a coach
Stranraer - Twickenham 8+ hours on a coach
I'm 6'1" and any more than 2 hours folded into a coach seat is more than enough.
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Lads I know from down South who do vintage vehicle rallies in Kent regularly take the ferry to France then transfer to the Dover boat to get there. Cheaper and much less wear on old wagons.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
philelwood
Novice

Post by philelwood »

If anyone is still stuck you can do the following with easyjet for a pretty reasonable price. I was looking at this a few days ago and the price has gone up 40 pounds or so but still not bad. Out Friday and back Sunday with a connection point. As long as you have 2 hours before each sector they'll allow you to add each point to the same booking.

Belfast Intl to Amsterdam
Dep Fri, 18 May 2012 14:30
Arr Fri, 18 May 2012 17:00
Flight 6775
1 Adult
1 x £29.99

Amsterdam to London Stansted
Dep Fri, 18 May 2012 19:15
Arr Fri, 18 May 2012 19:20
Flight 3006
1 Adult
1 x £38.99

London Stansted to Glasgow
Dep Sun, 20 May 2012 11:00
Arr Sun, 20 May 2012 12:15
Flight 211
1 Adult
1 x £29.99

Glasgow to Belfast Intl
Dep Sun, 20 May 2012 14:50
Arr Sun, 20 May 2012 15:30
Flight 466
1 Adult
1 x £48.99

Total flights and options for all passengers:
£147.96
Admin Fee
1 x £9.00
Final Price £156.96
Pay by Credit Card: £161.91
Pay by Debit Card: £156.96
TriGav
Novice

Post by TriGav »

Buddy is flying back from Texas for the game. Committment? I think so....
Please do not distrurb Mr Pienaar - he is operating in his bubble of calm
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Trigav..... some commitment indeed I make my trip just approximately 5,000 miles including five flights (one way) and people complain about getting a coach across the Irish Sea.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
TriGav
Novice

Post by TriGav »

Cockatrice wrote:Trigav..... some commitment indeed I make my trip just approximately 5,000 miles including five flights (one way) and people complain about getting a coach across the Irish Sea.
You have the edge - he is doing 4757 miles (As the crow flies so with his three flights probably a tad further). Agree that a lot of complaining about getting across a small strip of water! After all what is the Ulster way? Tighten Up and get it done!
Please do not distrurb Mr Pienaar - he is operating in his bubble of calm
RichmondRedHand
Novice

Post by RichmondRedHand »

Err, I am walking to the ground. I live less than 2 miles away.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cockatrice wrote:Trigav..... some commitment indeed I make my trip just approximately 5,000 miles including five flights (one way) and people complain about getting a coach across the Irish Sea.
Now CT - don't be starting who can pss the highest competition! I heard there may be people making the journey from Tyrone! ;)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk