A tricky Commute ?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: A tricky Commute ?

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Pretty straight-forward compared to what I was planning at one stage. Flying to Manchester on Friday night late, bunking down in a convenient airport doss house. All this as a nod to old age, rest of the boys arriving Manc Airport 9.45 am Saturday, but for me to get up to t'International for a 8.45 flight would have me sleeping through most of the celebrations later on.

Hired car between 4 with a non-drinking driver and a night in the Palatial Premier Inn, Teddington where I hope to meet Two Ton Ted, the blackguard who broke Ernie's heart and did him in with a rock cake & a stale pork pie. I'm going to give him the rounds of the kitchen.

Back for late afternoon flight from Manc home for 6'ish with the feeling I can just about remember of being a European Champion.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

exciled in tipp wrote:Might not be the longest ( no comment BR - I've seen yours!)
:lol:

What goes on tour ...

anyway - I'd be careful who you're libeling; at least til you have tickets for the final. ;)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

A friend of our's is flying in from Bermuda for the game.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

cjp wrote:A friend of our's is flying in from Bermuda for the game.
You think he'll actually make it?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

exciled in tipp wrote: Tipperary :arrow: dublin :arrow: Bristol :arrow: Hereford :arrow: Portsmouth ( collect the sons) train :arrow: Twickers ( got to be able to have a swally) and the reverse the trip. :cowboy:

SUFTUM
Aye - but the tricky bit is getting from your place to the N52; the rest is a breeze! No wonder Mrs EiT (god bless her) routinely carries 24hr operational rations and Kendal mint cake in her handbag (as I said... god bless her ... we'd probably be dead but for it)
www.stoutboys.co.uk
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

stickinout wrote:
Rooster wrote:What about the guy who cycled to Limerick and then Dublin, he said he would keep following even to Twickenham and he was doing it for sport relief, Neil ? Don't remember his surname, hats of to him if he does the trip :salut:

I think i might have seen him in Dublin Rooster, he was riding down the N3 Navan Rd about 1pm on match day with a back pack on with a rolled up sleeping mat shoved in. Just for a second I thought it might have been an Ulster fan but then i caught myself on. Hats off to him :salut: :salut: :red:
Neil McConkey - CIYMS Legend and Ulster supporter - doing it for Sport Relief. You can donate HERE :red: :salut:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red: