TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:An average replacement for P3 then, no big name and more like a journeyman Munster would hire :(
The P3 replacement was done a while back, so this is not it. I still think that will not go public until after the final.
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

mulligan is going to tweet the "big departure" at 1am or so apparently...
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:An average replacement for P3 then, no big name and more like a journeyman Munster would hire :(
The P3 replacement was done a while back, so this is not it. I still think that will not go public until after the final.
Who is the P3 replacement then, not Wilson as he was to provide backup and depth in squad
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

pg106 wrote:mulligan is going to tweet the "big departure" at 1am or so apparently...
Frig him anyway.....& my early night!!!!
Captive audience or what.
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

perhaps the person in the big departure is not as big as some might think :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

iHumph leaving
Richard Mulligan on Twitter wrote:ian humphreys to go at end of season
Last edited by Loki on Fri May 04, 2012 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

Did not expect that. iHump.
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

To be fair, that was the last person I'd have expected to be leaving... so who is this replacement?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Humphreys set to leave Ulster for Premiership

Published on Friday 4 May 2012 01:00

OUTHALF Ian Humphreys is set to leave Ulster at the end of the season and return to the English Premiership with London Irish.

Humphreys, who returned to Ulster in 2008-09, after a successful stint with Leicester Tigers, is believed to have agreed a deal with the Exiles.

The recently turned 30-year-old has been to the forefront of the Ulster team for the past four years, but some indifferent form this year had resulted in his position being weakened.

Although he played in the entire Heineken Cup quarter-final win over Munster last month, he missed out on a start in the semi-final against Edinburgh.

However, Humphreys was instrumental in steering Ulster to the crucial home win over Clermont Auvergne in the opening European pool win, displaying the talent most Ravenhill fans have been accustomed to seeing from a player who has scored 617 points in 81 appearances.

The Ballymena man was also instrumental in guiding Ulster to the Heineken Cup quarter-finals for the first time in 12 years the previous season, with one of the stand out moments being a long rang and crucial last gasp penalty against Biarritz at Ravenhill which kept the side on course for the last eight from their pool.

Humphreys, who is on the bench for tomorrow’s last PRO12 game in Munster, is expected to feature in the Heineken Cup final.

Meanwhile, Ulster head coach, Brian McLaughlin will give young Academy player, Ian Henderson, his first competitive start tomorrow in the RaboDirect PRO12 game against Munster at Thomond Park, Limerick.
Rory Best
King Ding
Squire

Post by King Ding »

Did not see that coming, a premiership club according to mulligan, maybe he seen the writing on the wall that jackson was going to start ahead of him next season and secured one last pay day to take him up to retirement.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

surprised and a little disappointed to see iHumph go. Mulligan now tweeting that Steenson, NOC and Madigan being considered. Madigan seems a very outside bet to me, wouldn't be fussed on NOC at all. get in Hernandez. :afro:
Last edited by Loki on Fri May 04, 2012 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
oneshot7
Novice

Post by oneshot7 »

Steenson ??
Duckjnr
Novice

Post by Duckjnr »

:duck: :scratch: hmmm! Is it really a shock? He's none nothing special all year, massively short on cover at 10 now tho... Dan Carter been spotted in Belfast recently?
NS
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Loki wrote:surprised and a little disappointed to see iHumph go. experienced NIQ 10 coming in? surely we wouldn't start with PJ on his lonesome. I'm off to the wishlist thread to pray fervently for Hernandez in an advisory role.
NOC :stir:
Rory Best
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

This is a positive move and really forces Ulster's hand in regards our out half. iHump has been poor all season and just isn't the player we need at 10 so now Jackson has to step up to the plate over the summer and become our top outhalf so in a sense I'm happy iHump is leaving.

I wish McKinney wasn't going now as I think he and Jackson are very different 10's who have good futures ahead of them. McKinney seems to be a more O'Gara game managing 10 while Jackson is more like Sexton type play on the gain line, playmaker 10 that is a good defender.

I wonder if it's someone like Madigan coming North to fight for our 10 spot with Jackson??