Gareth Anscombe.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

pg106
Initiate

Re: Gareth Anscombe.

Post by pg106 »

saying he has played for the baby all blacks, does that not mean he is now NIQ? I thought the NZRFU had them as the same as the Ireland A or Wolfhounds??
Starsky
Initiate

Post by Starsky »

pg106 wrote:saying he has played for the baby all blacks, does that not mean he is now NIQ? I thought the NZRFU had them as the same as the Ireland A or Wolfhounds??
Think you're right - used to be the Maori but switched to under-20s
One does not simply walk into Ulster
rakem
Novice

Post by rakem »

was there not a post on this forum about a week ago which confirmed that anscombe had been dropped by pat lam because he had been god awful over the past few weeks? don't see the point of signing him AT ALL. surely, if we are going to sign a 10, we sign an experienced campaigner who PJ can learn from, and then said experienced campaigner will buger off in a few seasons to let PJ take the throne.

why bring someone who will slow PJ's progress?
Tom
Novice

Post by Tom »

why put all you eggs in one basket?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Tom wrote:why put all you eggs in one basket?

Resign NOC and we'll still have all our eggs in the one basket!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cornerfleg wrote:

Fleg, have you followed orders yet? Jackie has blocked the border, now take him out man, head-shot, ya hear & don't miss, the future of the world may depend on it.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
John_e_boy
Squire

Post by John_e_boy »

pg106 wrote:saying he has played for the baby all blacks, does that not mean he is now NIQ? I thought the NZRFU had them as the same as the Ireland A or Wolfhounds??
nope, this only counts when the opposition also has their junior level team nominated as second team

plus, in light of the recent Shingler shambles, the IRB will probably no longer allow nations to nominate under-age teams as their second level representative team.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I have to laugh at all you north Down bangorians talking about the border :roll: :roll: :roll: I scoff in your general direction.
I’d have NOC secreted along an unapproved road in the depths of Fermanagh and up the M1 to Ravers while you lot are still looking for the border down round Newry. With the locals laughing their legs off at the townies in their new wellies......
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

What's Nick Evans at?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

John_e_boy wrote:
nope, this only counts when the opposition also has their junior level team nominated as second team

plus, in light of the recent Shingler shambles, the IRB will probably no longer allow nations to nominate under-age teams as their second level representative team.
I am pretty sure the All Blacks have the under 20s as their second team.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Jackie Brown wrote:What's Nick Evans at?
Still cheatin and tellin lies i'd imagine..........
weeHughF
Novice

Post by weeHughF »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Great, sign him up!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:

Fleg, have you followed orders yet? Jackie has blocked the border, now take him out man, head-shot, ya hear & don't miss, the future of the world may depend on it.
I'm pretty sure that D4 had it written into the Good Friday Agreement or the St Andrews Agreement ...... well, some agreement ..... that we're not allowed to shoot rugby players now, especially IQ, even if the closest they can get to the Irish team is waving from the stands.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

weeHughF wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Great, sign him up!
'snat the Ulster way!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: I'm pretty sure that D4 had it written into the Good Friday Agreement or the St Andrews Agreement ...... well, some agreement ..... that we're not allowed to shoot rugby players now, especially IQ, even if the closest they can get to the Irish team is waving from the stands.
No no no, the law is that you are legally entitled to shoot an irish rugby player if he chooses to play a rugby match during a religious holiday while in Ulster, only if shot with a arrow while hopping on your left foot :thumleft: