Humphreys set to leave Ulster for Premiership

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jamsodonnell
Novice

Re: Humphreys set to leave Ulster for Premiership

Post by jamsodonnell »

In April, I believe that there were 32 out of 33 contracts completed. I presume that the outstanding one was Pedrie's replacement. Roger Wilson was signed before the announcement of Pedrie's departure so again presumably there was an expectation that both would be squad members next year. I believe that Humph junior's decision has been made only very recently and who would blame him, cos he probably wasn't getting a renewal at Ulster and he's managed a three year deal with L Irish. Good business I say. His brother has made some serious decisions in his time as D of R at Ulster. I am struggling to find any one of these which hasn't worked to date. I see absolutely no reason to suggest that he will not come up with the goods yet again. We have reached a pinnacle in Europe this year. He will not let us fall back. In Dr Dave, we trust !!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Big-al wrote:If Humphreys signs NOC again I will have lost all faith in him as DOR.

He'll get selected and fail, time and time again.

What a joke!!!

Ulster32 - Of course he was unhappy about not being selected, but thats his own fault for his performances on the field. Anyway, you cannot drum up a 3yr deal and get yourself out of your existing contract within 1 week.
The last sentence has the ring of truth about it Big-al :salut:

Husky, I suspect NOC would indeed have plenty of free time to gowf. Depressing though the news is, I can't for the life of me see anything but Jackson playing regularly.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
colwynvet
Novice

Post by colwynvet »

I noticed that at the end of the Leinster game 2 weeks ago Ihumph was carrying his kid around on his shoulders (I don't think he got on in that game). I commented to a few guys at the time that it looked as if he was saying goodbye.

I wasn't overly surprised by today's news.
You don't know! You weren't there!
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I reckon I have seen him do that before. Last game of the season and all.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

jamsodonnell wrote:In April, I believe that there were 32 out of 33 contracts completed. I presume that the outstanding one was Pedrie's replacement. Roger Wilson was signed before the announcement of Pedrie's departure so again presumably there was an expectation that both would be squad members next year.
Love to see your list of contracted players Jamso.

I make it more like 20 which I could produce citations for btw.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Where has this NOC rubbish come from?

Please let it be rubbish.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

So is NOC the other 50%, lastknight?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

You're a shower of gowlbegs the lot of you. The guy will be a squad player and you lot are repeatedly kicking him in the nadgers before his return has even been confirmed. What has he done to deserve this kind of assassination? Nothing. if he was a lazy fat Joe I would understand it, but he's one of our own.
He’ll do his best when called upon and we will see if it’s good enough although some have already decided. Some of the same people who have already decided about Anscombe too.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

What has he done to deserve this kind of assassination? Nothing.
Correct Snipe, he has done Nothing....... :wink:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
porterbelly
Novice

Post by porterbelly »

Getting NOC off the books would be a good move for us

He'll be 3rd/4th choice 10 next season and being on a full contract is a pure waste for us because we need to maximise our budget and are short in 3/4 positions.

Elwood was loyal to him for alot of the season, he had some decent outings, was superb away at Glos in the HC, if he played like that every week then most clubs would want him. However, he just doesn't inspire confidence, his kicking is so so and he doesn't like to play on the gainline. Parks doesn't either, but he's a confident player who can impact young players around him, and has a great right peg.

I'd be bewildered if Ulster resigned him, but from a Connacht point of view I'd be pretty happy
mn152
Novice

Post by mn152 »

by pg106 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:12 pm

so move the best inside centre and wing out of position cause that really makes a whole lot of sense
Surely tommy bowe will be playing the of his games at 13 next season. With the way Gilroy and Trimble have played I can't see them getting dropped and he has played alot of games for the Ospreys at 13.

Mark Ascombe's son Gareth, has played 2 games for the Blues this year and was top points scorer at the u20s world cup last year
http://www.theblues.co.nz/players/187-G ... combe.aspx
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Snipe Watson wrote:You're a shower of gowlbegs the lot of you. The guy will be a squad player and you lot are repeatedly kicking him in the nadgers before his return has even been confirmed. What has he done to deserve this kind of assassination? Nothing. if he was a lazy fat Joe I would understand it, but he's one of our own.
He’ll do his best when called upon and we will see if it’s good enough although some have already decided. Some of the same people who have already decided about Anscombe too.

Get what you saying but at the end of the day what we are talking about is potentially a 'swap' of NOC for iHumph, that's a pretty dire thought. I actually can't understand if that is the decision that has been made, after all it was Davey and co who made the decision, as they were perfectly entitled to not release him from contract.

This is another press nightmare as well, worse than the last fiasco IMHO, since at least that was leaked good news, this is basically releasing the cloud with no mention of the silver lining (if it even exists!). Expect news Monday, whatever it is. I am certain however that there will be another 10 coming in now, and he will be either IQ, in which case a big drop in quality, or NIQ in which case we can't get another quality back rower.

After all the excitement of bringing Bowe back, I'm starting to lose faith a bit to be honest, overall we are looking like we will have a diminished and weakened squad next year, with maybe an equivalent first 15. I will be holding my breath in every tackle for the season, injuries and we will be screwed
weeHughF
Novice

Post by weeHughF »

I won't be setting foot in Ravers next year if NOC is brought back in!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

damianmcr wrote:Where has this NOC rubbish come from?

Please let it be rubbish.
Damien, now listen, have you read my post? Do I fecking seem like someone to start whinging about this without being convinced of its veracity???????????????????????? Well do I?

He's coming home what appalling words - He's coming home :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

weeHughF wrote:I won't be setting foot in Ravers next year if NOC is brought back in!

Ever there before Shug?