Next NIQ

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Next NIQ

Post by Jackie Brown »

Why not keep McKinney? Resigning NOC after 1 year when he wasn't good enough before is a bad move. McKinney could have sat on the bench behind PJ and we'd have 2 youngsters with bags of potential fighting it out for the shirt. Instead we bring in a guy who at best was solid and at worst soul destroying.

We will be weaker.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Hamsterdam
Novice

Post by Hamsterdam »

JB are u confident in saying NOC is returning?
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Re: Next NIQ

Post by Jackie Brown »

Hamsterdam wrote:JB are u confident in saying NOC is returning?
Well according to the Belfast Telegraph.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

McKinney's a better prospect than N'OC. Thought he was impressive with the medallion side that played Leinster ones... strange one, unless there's subterfuge afoot. But JB's right- Tele gives McGlocks saying PJ, Ruan and Olding, which is interesting.
Exterminate all rational thought
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:McKinney's a better prospect than N'OC. Thought he was impressive with the medallion side that played Leinster ones... strange one, unless there's subterfuge afoot. But JB's right- Tele gives McGlocks saying PJ, Ruan and Olding, which is interesting.
We need a remedial class for slow learners on this site.............. :roll: :roll:
McKinney has potential, lots of it. Will he develop that potential waiting for both Paddy and Ruan to get injured? No!
The guy is going to develop his career by getting game time. As it stands he wouldn't even make the 23 unless Paddy and or Ruan are injured or away.......
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote: We need a remedial class for slow learners on this site.............. :roll: :roll:
Don't we though? I have lost count of the number of posts I have made saying NOC isn't just coming, he's already signed on the dotted line and yet chube after chube keeps ignoring the facts.

FFS Snipe just think of what its going to be like when the back row signing is announced. I predict blood letting, wailing, gnashing of teeth and perhaps a few numpties reducing the overall numpty numbers in Ulster. WHHHHHHHHHHHAT, HIM??? FFS.

If its who I've heard whispered many will be bowing at the feet of KOTH and saying "Feck, were you right your majesty? My flabber is gasted." .................. because mine is definitely aghast, my whelm has never been tucked quite so far under & my expectations never quite so completely deflated. Frankly I am gutted at the thought of a thorough journeyman, at least there will be no national call ups to worry about.

Now that should be the prelude to a shitstorm :stir: :stir: :stir:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

I suspect I've heard the same name as Baggy :(
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Hamsterdam
Novice

Post by Hamsterdam »

If it ends up NOC and a less than impressive NIQ journeyman I'll be disappointed but also surprised.
Why the big secret baggy / gary spill the beans.
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow
jasmith
Novice

Post by jasmith »

is/can anyone stand up and tell us who the likely/definate back row signing is?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Next NIQ

Post by kingofthehill »

I can't-but what I will say is, don't get your hopes up on a big name!
The King is dead. Long live the King.
notj
Steward

Post by notj »

If it's Nick Williams, as I've heard elsewhere, I'll be incredibly annoyed at the IRFU over losing Wannenburg. Although I'd be annoyed if we signed another 8. Wilson/Diack- Henry can move over there too. We need a flanker.

But I suspect much of our budget to replace Wannenburg has been taken up by Wilson meaning we're going to see a less glamourous name being announced.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Nick Williams of Aironi?

He's the polar opposite of Wannenburg. A lazy sod.
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

Glamourous or not, is he of decent quality who has the right attitude and won't shy away from the hard and dirty stuff? Is he going to fit in?

I don't necessarily need glamourous ... I can cope with a Brussouw or Alberts!!!

Or is it more like uncle Albert???
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

Bergamasco?
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
weeHughF
Novice

Post by weeHughF »

We need a worker not a shirker

Already too many shirkers in Northern Ireland!