UAFC Content- Contributors Required!!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UAFC Editor
Novice

UAFC Content- Contributors Required!!

Post by UAFC Editor »

UAFC Content
Over the past number of years, fermain and his troop of elven helpers have done a sterling job, and turned this website into a valuable source of information and entertainment for Ulster fans :salut: As he mentioned last week, we are giving some thought to how we can develop the site further, and one of the things we are looking at is developing the content available on the front page

The Vision
What we are aiming for is a regular, frequently-updated cycle of analytical match previews and reviews, topical comment pieces, and a sprinkling of satrirical or comic pieces. [For the record I pushed a regular ‘UAFC pg. 3 luvverly’ item strongly, but fermain over-ruled me (although some of the elves were very keen :cowboy: )]

Where You Come In!
We are fortunate, and grateful, to have such knowledgeable, erudite and sophisticated contributors, past and present, who have made the forum what it is! We are keen to tap this resource, and ideally build a stable of 5-6 contributors , giving a variety of voice and opinion in the articles - as well as reducing the workload for individual contributors.

Get in touch with The Ed!
If you are interested in getting involved, and getting a platform to publish some of your writing, please get in touch – you can PM me with expressions of interest, questions, suggestions or feedback.

We know that we have the posters out there to make this work – over to you! Don’t think twice, it’s all right! (That’s enough Dylan – Ed)
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: UAFC Blog - Contributors Required!!

Post by Cornerfleg »

Sounds a good idea ... are these articles to be all "rugby rugby rugby, lets just be serious and do not attempt humor that some don't get" - or is there any scope for a light hearted sometimes out of the box look at games, fans, incidents, flegs and all things Ulster?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
UAFC Editor
Novice

Re: UAFC Blog - Contributors Required!!

Post by UAFC Editor »

Cornerfleg: the UAFC is fundamentally a rugby website, specifically an Ulster rugby website, and this is the starting-point for the articles we are looking to run. However, we want the content to be entertaining, and also reflective of the tastes of the readership - and I believe that if you were to strip away from the messageboard all of the wisecracks, wit and digression, it would lose its essence.

To expand a little on what we would like to run, we see the content falling into three broad categories: 1) the regular cycle of match-related reviews and previews; 2) topical comment pieces, about current issues - this is a very broad field, but for example controversial incidents, recruitment, analysis of progress etc.; 3) more satirical or, as you call it, 'out of the box' articles.

It may be that individual contributors would feel more comfortable submitting articles in just one of these categories, rather than two or all three - for example, someone might be confident in his or her ability to write succinct match reviews, but mightn't be keen on turning his or her hand to something more 'out of the box'. By the same token, someone may prefer to pen a weekly 'out of the box' article, rather than write match-related pieces. That is fine, we think it's better to have a number of contributors, both to cover these bases better, but also to make sure that nobody feels as if contributing is burdensome, or not enjoyable (on this point, we don't envisage asking people to file 2,000 word epics! We will go into more detail on how we see the brief with interested parties, but our thinking is more along the lines of reasonably snappy and easily digestible pieces).

Because ultimately this is the point - this should be fun! It's a trial, we are keen to see what works, and where it takes us!

Thanks for the question, I look forward to receiving your PM expressing interest :cowboy:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: UAFC Content- Contributors Required!!

Post by Rooster »

Would be great if we could dig up that gin soaked old fart Alec Adoo, perhaps though dig up is the correct term :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
eoinsy96
Novice

Post by eoinsy96 »

yeah i'll do something if you want
STANN OP VIR DIE ULSTERMAAN
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:Would be great if we could dig up that gin soaked old fart Alec Adoo, perhaps though dig up is the correct term :lol:
Have you looked around the Mount Merrion turnstiles - he was always mentioning them, maybe that would be a starting point? :wink:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

eoinsy96 wrote:yeah i'll do something if you want
Well if you do, I hope you clean it up after! :lol:
I'm not arguing -
UAFC Editor
Novice

Post by UAFC Editor »

Rooster wrote:Would be great if we could dig up that gin soaked old fart Alec Adoo, perhaps though dig up is the correct term :lol:
If Mr Adoo is around, we'd be happy to hear from him - there may even be a bottle of Bombay Sapphire in it for him! :cowboy:
UAFC Editor
Novice

Post by UAFC Editor »

Thank you very much for the responses and feedback received to date. Please keep them coming in.

I will endeavour to respond to you all individually in as timely a manner as possible - it may not be this afternoon, this chap Leveson keeps pestering me about my last job, and more to the point there's a bottle of Black Bush looking me right in the eye, and I'm pretty sure it's not going to drink itself :cowboy:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UAFC Editor wrote:there's a bottle of Black Bush looking me right in the eye, and I'm pretty sure it's not going to drink itself :cowboy:
Hey! SHHHhhhhhhhh!!!!

I've finally convinced my missus that's exactly what happens and it's not me at all - I don't want you tipping her off that it mightn't be true! :drunken: :wink:
I'm not arguing -
Alec Adoo MBE
Novice

Post by Alec Adoo MBE »

Hello it's me Alec, Alexander Shackleton Adoo, self-made man entrepreneur and husband of the long-suffering Audrey.
I got involved with an old flame a few years ago and things got very messy. The whole thing ended up with me on the wrong end of a court order which prevented me from having access to a computer and a chainsaw for 4 years, the outcome being that I have been unable to post and the hedges at Adoo Towers are like the Amazon rain forest.
Anyway that's all in the past and things are on the up.
I have had the old "Mt Merrion Turnstiles" sorted out. I went over to a clinic in Warsaw and got a special deal where they did laser treatment to the eyes and the old "Mt Merrion's" at the same time. The "Mt Merrion's" were so big that they had to bring in a laser from NASA. Any way it did the job, I have some before and after photos which I will post up later, you'll be amazed by the difference!.
Still partaking in the old Gordons and Gin, I know it's not good for old Alec's liver, but you do meet some lovely people at the bottle bank everyday.
Audrey is doing the best as well, thank you very much for asking. She is running "Tantalize" a spray tan parlour on the Beersbridge Rd. You pay on a £ for lb basis, and as you can guess the size of most of the women in East Belfast, make it a nice little money earner for Auds.
Audrey is there most days although we imported a couple of lovely Philipino girls to help out. I help out on a Tuesday and Thursday afternoon, manning the jets. If there are any ladies who fancy a pre Twickenham tan then call in next week and ask for Alec, you will a large discount!
Drunken good for nothing brother Andy, has found religion and become a drunken good for nothing Pastor and waster of a son Uel Adoo has taken over as the CEO of Adoo Communications (Silcone Valley and Cherryvalley)
If you are interested in my ramblings then I would be keen to come back on board, perhaps you could massage the old Alec ego by starting one of those polls on who wants Alec back?
Look forward to hearing from you all
Alec Adoo MBE - Old Kincorians RFC
PS Whatever happened to Ballpark?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Alec Adoo MBE wrote:PS Whatever happened to Ballpark?
Who? :scratch:

Never heard of him? :duck:

BTW - welcome back you old reprobate :salut:
I'm not arguing -
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

Am I mistaken or does Alec Adoo read just like Baggy?
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Scranner wrote:Am I mistaken or does Alec Adoo read just like Baggy?
It is very obvious that Baggy does read as he responds, sometimes in detail, to that which has been written.

At Old Kincorians, reading books were kept in the seat of the pants thereby considerably reducing the opportunity to learn to read.

I would conclude no is the answer.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Would be more than happy to come in from the cold and provide some middle of the road sit on the fence material
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU