Ravenhill For Sale !

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ravenhill For Sale !

Post by BR »

Danske Bank - will be looking to up their brand profile - but this may be too long-term.

I suggest 2 things - either we feel so strongly about it, we start a 'we will boycott you if you sponsor it' campaign like in Limerick, but I don't think people really feel that strongly about it.

or we all chip in £2.50 for the next 5 years for the rights to name it 'Ravenhill'.

Got to say I've been saddened by the increased use of the term Aviva in the lead-up to the ERC semi-final (caught myself doing it a few times). We'll blame it on the excitement and get back to calling it Lansdowne Road, eh?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

Rooster wrote:At present my thinking would be Kingspan or some of the electricity or gas companies, probably some firm we will never have heard of though will stump up the cash.
If we are going down this route we could do a lot worse than Kingspan. It might not
be a bad move for them also with plants all over the UK and Ireland as well as France
Italy etc, etc. They would get Pro12 games beamed to Scotland, Wales and Italy and
on the HEC side France or England.
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
weeHughF
Novice

Post by weeHughF »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:I wonder will there be a place for bible study.
I too was shocked that there isn't at least a prayer room, I seldom walk past the one at the Int Airport without wondering what sort of chube is in bargaining fir a safe flight.
The prayer room is in arrivals tiny!
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:I wonder will there be a place for bible study.
I too was shocked that there isn't at least a prayer room, I seldom walk past the one at the Int Airport without wondering what sort of chube is in bargaining fir a safe flight.
I'm sure the staff, playing or otherwise, will find somewhere in the grounds to have a Bible study, should they so wish. Is it not a little strange that it's comment worthy? Much stranger in my opinion, that someone quietly practicing their faith (whichever that may be), in a quiet space in an airport, should be called a "chube".
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

Wonder if any companies called Fortress could stump up the cash... :paperbag:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Who cares as long as they pay up. Personally, I shall continue to call it Ravenhill...........
By the way I was down at Lansdowne Road for the HEC semi......great day out.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

http://www.theflagshop.co.uk/

Now that would be a great investment!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Neil F wrote:Wonder if any companies called Fortress could stump up the cash... :paperbag:
Here you go http://www.fortress.com/ they've apparently got $46 billion stashed away
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Had to be done and have no issues with it. Has been on the cards since they named the new stand the new stand. Wouldnt be surprised if Kukri stumped up for it, their stock is on the rise.

Then there's Tayto. Use it as a springboard to rebrand Golden Wonder? How about " The Tayto Castle"
Cant be Bushmills or Harp or Buckfast as that would likely pash off our pourage partners.
Kingspan or the energy companies - Airtricity, Bord Gais the most likely. ESB cant be seen to be spending money frivolously, Viridian are broke.
Valuecabs cant be allowed to pash off the shorts sponsor.
Farelly would walk out in disgust if the INM called called it the Bellylaugh Dome
The money used to be with the Lagan's, Graham's, Mivan's and the Northstone's of the world but thats hardly likely
Cant see Danske wanting to spend any more money here than it has already writing off our bad debts.
Cant be an insurance company or they'd just look like the poor cousin to Aviva, unless it was Leslie Hughes or someone local
There is a local company called Fortress who do shutter doors.

Hard to know
weeHughF
Novice

Post by weeHughF »

How about the NI Tourist Board!

The NI Arena

That would pi$h off a few on here
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Danske want to raise their profile and this may just be the opportunity.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

If it was sponsored by a birth control pill company ... it wouldn't do much for the stadium ... but a big sign, lit up at night, might assist a lot of 15 year old millies in the Cregagh estate to limit their ospring to just 5 kids and 4 dads ....
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
weeHughF
Novice

Post by weeHughF »

Cornerfleg wrote:If it was sponsored by a birth control pill company ... it wouldn't do much for the stadium ... but a big sign, lit up at night, might assist a lot of 15 year old millies in the Cregagh estate to limit their ospring to just 5 kids and 4 dads ....
I thought Cregagh was 4 kids, 9 dads, no?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

weeHughF wrote:How about the NI Tourist Board!

The NI Arena

That would pi$h off a few on here
Mairtín MagAonghusa Páirc
Would really annoy lots of people
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

weeHughF wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:If it was sponsored by a birth control pill company ... it wouldn't do much for the stadium ... but a big sign, lit up at night, might assist a lot of 15 year old millies in the Cregagh estate to limit their ospring to just 5 kids and 4 dads ....
I thought Cregagh was 4 kids, 9 dads, no?

True true ... Smickers, Sammy, Big Jim and Wee Eric never paid much attention in biology I dread to think where they tried to mate with big Aggy.