Ulster Vs Leinster HC Final 2012

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Eggs
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster Vs Leinster HC Final 2012

Post by Eggs »

No, apparently it's on independent medical advice.

In any case it would hardly weaken Leinster
utilityback
Novice

Post by utilityback »

Eggs I'm using the internet and the picture of bbc iplayer is better than using an internet streaming service also they scottish commentary on 5live is very good so im happy enough. Not sure D'arcy was completely out but took some time to treat him and he look very jelly legged coming off so would assume he will have to sit out next week which is a bit of shame was looking forward to the D'arcy vs Paddy W match up
utilityback
Novice

Post by utilityback »

Also the ex-player analysing on 5live is not a George Clancy fan so its not only us from Ulster who feel hard done by him lol
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Lessons to be learned from how Weegies are playing Leinster, strong set piece & solid defence. Sounds a bit like the job Ulster did on Munster. Template in place.

The longer Weegies make Mexico scrap the better I'll like it, bit like the Alamo really, not a victory in itself but did teh groundwork. :wink:

As for Clancy the S4C guy had a crack at him before ko.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

utilityback wrote:Also the ex-player analysing on 5live is not a George Clancy fan so its not only us from Ulster who feel hard done by him lol
Actually the guy on the English commentary option has been very unsubtle about his low opinion of Clancy as well
utilityback
Novice

Post by utilityback »

I would really suggest listening to the Scottish commentary the guy doing most of the talking has a touch of the Bill McLaren about him brings back memories of my childhood much better than the guff served up by the rest of the BBC and Sky
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Eggs wrote:
utilityback wrote:Also the ex-player analysing on 5live is not a George Clancy fan so its not only us from Ulster who feel hard done by him lol
Actually the guy on the English commentary option has been very unsubtle about his low opinion of Clancy as well
Perhaps they are both members here :lol: :lol: :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
UIBF
Novice

Post by UIBF »

Eggs wrote:No, apparently it's on independent medical advice.
:thumleft:
Hmmm. How independent s that ?
Eggs wrote:In any case it would hardly weaken Leinster
:D
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Re: Re: Ulster Vs Leinster HC Final 2012

Post by ColinM »

Eggs wrote:
utilityback wrote:Just watching the Rabo Semi Final combination of radio 5live sports extra and BBC Alba looks like D'arcy could be out of the final was just taken off after being ko'd by a stray Brad Thorn knee
Try S4C, there's a red button option for English commentary

Better in silence. Is there a worse commentator?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: How many times does this have to be told to people.
They do a series of tests in the preseason to determine brain power, sort of mensa test, they then have to get a similar score after a bang on the head , it could take a week or could take a month but until they get back to the same score they don't play
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

ColinM wrote:
Eggs wrote:
utilityback wrote:Just watching the Rabo Semi Final combination of radio 5live sports extra and BBC Alba looks like D'arcy could be out of the final was just taken off after being ko'd by a stray Brad Thorn knee
Try S4C, there's a red button option for English commentary

Better in silence. Is there a worse commentator?
No. He even admitted he's not in Dublin!
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: How many times does this have to be told to people.
They do a series of tests in the preseason (the morning after they've been out on a bender) to determine brain power, sort of mensa test, they then have to get a similar score after a bang on the head , it could take a week or could take a month but until they get back to the same score they don't play
Just to clarify.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Not arguing with you, as I am not really clear on the rules, however it cant be purely a Mensa type test. That's an IQ test, certain concussions won't drop your IQ as they affect different areas. My understanding was that a full neurological assessment was involved. I may be wrong.

What's the state of play on paddy mac on that subject?
utilityback
Novice

Post by utilityback »

:salut: Commentator just described Kearney jr as a 'Bag of Ferrets' in reference to how hard he is to bring down he is Bill McLaren 2.0 top quality stuff also unlike S4C they are in the ground
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

utilityback wrote::salut: Commentator just described Kearney jr as a 'Bag of Ferrets' in reference to how hard he is to bring down he is Bill McLaren 2.0 top quality stuff also unlike S4C they are in the ground
So are you listening totheradio and watching the tv?