where are people meeting before the final?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

GMAC
Initiate

Re: where are people meeting before the final?

Post by GMAC »

:drunken: Memories da da da da da da daaa hope we get the weather we got at Mk. Don't forget the factor 30 guys :thumright:
Post Tenebras Lux
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

GMAC wrote::drunken: Memories da da da da da da daaa hope we get the weather we got at Mk. Don't forget the factor 30 guys :thumright:
Overcast with a chance of rain. High of 12C. Windy. Winds from the NE at 20 to 30 km/h. Chance of rain 50% with rainfall amounts near 2.8 mm possible.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Rooster wrote:
GMAC wrote::drunken: Memories da da da da da da daaa hope we get the weather we got at Mk. Don't forget the factor 30 guys :thumright:
Overcast with a chance of rain. High of 12C. Windy. Winds from the NE at 20 to 30 km/h. Chance of rain 50% with rainfall amounts near 2.8 mm possible.
Weather forecasts change a lot in 5 days :thumright:

I remember getting burnt standing outside stadium mk last year.. :lol:
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Sibarrow
Novice

Post by Sibarrow »

Was a few years ago but the Turks Head at St Margaret's in Twickenham was quality banter before & after the 2010 Ireland vs England match (the Tommy Bowe game). Tradition of lion outs in the evening after a game for people to stick their match tickets to the roof of the pub. Quite a collection there!

For people going to Richmond, it is a good 40 min walk from Twickenham. Made that mistake the night before the aforementioned international going to the Legends match at Harlequins. Got a tube to Richmond & thought I'd have a nice dander across the river to Twickenham - longer than I thought!
rotherhamtillidie
Novice

Post by rotherhamtillidie »

Bus from Richmond to twickers costs £1, dont walk!
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

:lol: I remember that well :lol:

Head sunburnt off me and I still can't remember much of the conversation I had with a former colleague at the end of the game :drunken: :lol:

Don't think we'll get close to those temperatures on Saturday sadly :(

I haven't a scooby where we will end up on Sat, we're going with relatives who are Twickenham regulars so I'll trust in them to lead us somewhere decent :salut:
Westy2lxe
Novice

Post by Westy2lxe »

I'm an Ulsterman who spent 7 years living in Twickenham, but now live in Norfolk. I'm travelling down with my son to meet up with another couple of Ulster Exiles. We're meeting in Richmond for some lunch and then travelling onto the St Margaret's Tavern for pre match beers, it's a great pub, good food and not too mad. The Turks head is also a very famous pre match pub. If you want a more roudy atmosphere go to the pubs by twickenham train station.
As an exile how can't make many matches this is a dream come true for me and my lad to see our heros play at HQ
SUFTUM :bowdown:
greenfield
Novice

Post by greenfield »

Cardinal Vaughan car park.
GMAC
Initiate

Post by GMAC »

Rooster wrote:
Now giving 16 degrees for Sat with good visibility and a light breeze fron south east showers possible from 19.00 that'll do me car park carry oot looks a definite goer :cheers:
Post Tenebras Lux
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cascade wrote:http://storelocator.asda.com/#!/search/ ... twickenham

Awright darlin', I'll have a case of carlin' and a bag of frozen peas.
Forget that!

There's a huge Tesco just behind the stadium.

Supporters village in the west car park opens at 12pm (that's FIVE hours before k.o. - better get a couple of bags of peas :drunken: )
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BigHairyMonster
Initiate

Post by BigHairyMonster »

Richmond in the morning then the Heineken village I think.
Geal'us Dearg a suas - Up the White and Red
VanTheMan
Novice

Post by VanTheMan »

BR » Tue May 15, 2012 12:45 pm

(that's FIVE hours before k.o. - better get a couple of bags of peas ).

Memories - The MK Peas!!!! Did you simply wrap the bag of peas around your can or top up on one of your five-a-day and pour the frozen peas into the can. Nothing like peas and beer!! :wink:

Magical day.
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Judging by the weather forecast for Saturday, I doubt I'll be making a quick dash for Asda on Saturday afternoon for some frozen peas!' :lol:
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Alec Adoo MBE
Novice

Post by Alec Adoo MBE »

Alec calling..Alec calling!
Best to stay well clear of the supporters village and pubs around Twickenham, full of Terrace Dwellers!.Why not try Richmond Green (if you arrive somewhere where there are reindeers all around, you are in Richmond Common and not the Green). Some lovely pubs around Richmond Green including the Prince's Head and the Cricketers. Very up-market with few riff-raff in sight. Mick Jagger, Pete Townsend, Syd Large (the skinny one from Little and Large) and my well heeled London cousin Aubrey Adoo all live around the "The Green" so keep your SUFTUM's down after 9pm. I'm hosting a little Alec Adoo "do" at the "Prince's Head" on Saturday afternoon for the staff of Adoo Towers and you are all most welcome to sample any leftover "canapes" (a sort of fancy sandwich).
Richmond Green is only 25 minutes walk from the stadium or £1 on the bus or in my case a 5 minute cruise in my trusted old Daimler Alec 1, don't forget to give wife Audrey and I a wave if you see us!
See you on Saturday, mines a large Gordon's!
Yours truly
Alec Adoo MBE - Old Kincorians RFC
rich123
Novice

Post by rich123 »

Does anyone know where the team are staying on Friday ?

Was thinking of a bit of a send off before they set off for twickers.