Come On Leinster!!!!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

StKenneth
Novice

Come On Leinster!!!!

Post by StKenneth »

I want more than anything in the whole world, for Leinster to win the Heineken Cup this year.

I wanted Bristol to win the Championship............. THEY LOST
I wanted Saints to win the LV= Cup.................... WE LOST
I wanted Saints to make the Premiership final....... WE LOST

I want Leinster to win the HEC.......................... :wink:

You don't need the kind of good luck that I obviously have at the moment, so I shan't wish you any. Go and play with the ferocity and skill that makes the influence of the ref and lady luck unimportant.
Oh When The Saints.. Go Marching In
DavyG
Steward

Re: Come On Leinster!!!!

Post by DavyG »

Your logic is a dodgy as LastKnightoftheproms theory about my "lucky" flag which I have to take to London but not bring to the game.

But if it works what the hell.....

Don't Stop Believin'

:salut: :red:
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

I think you'll find Leinsterfans would welcome you more... :wink:

And just for the record, I wanted Leinster to win the Heineken Cup Final last year and they did. This year I want Ulster... :cheers:
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Thanks for the good wishes, St Ken! :D :D :D
Bo***cks to Brexit
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ruckover wrote:I think you'll find Leinsterfans would welcome you more... :wink:

And just for the record, I wanted Leinster to win the Heineken Cup Final last year and they did. This year I want Ulster... :cheers:
Ruckie, is it possible that you haven't grasped the gist of St Ken's post?

Good to hear from you St Ken, I fear mind you the problem may have been that I wanted Saints to win on Saturday :shock:

Thought it would be good for Roger to leave you with silverware but not to be, actually the much maligned (in these parts, & often rightly so) Downey played as well as I've ever seen him.

Also it is much easier to like Saints when Hartley is on a suspension :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take care my Saintly friend, don't know if you noticed but I did pay a visit to your forum to sympathise, really enjoyed my visit to Norfampton. :salut:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Ruckie, is it possible that you haven't grasped the gist of St Ken's post?
Yep :lol:

I am not a good reader!!!!!

Sorry StKen - thanks for the good wishes!!!
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

This is killing me ....

.... has anyone got a cork???????
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
StKenneth
Novice

Post by StKenneth »

I haven't seen a lot of Wannenburg play and I realise that he is a bit of a cult hero for you guys, but I will say with hand on heart, that Roger Wilson will hopefully surprise you. I think the time away from Ulster has seen him grow up (or grow old!) and he has been absolutely fantastic for us. When he first came he got Man of the Match votes from the supporters until we realised that his outstanding displays weren't one offs, but consistent, week in week out. I do not ever remember him sitting on the bench for the Saints. It's always been a case of, if fit, he's in the side. The trust that the coaches had in him was total.

I get the feeling that Sgt. Wilson and Neil Best left Ulster with a cloud over their heads? If so, I hope you'll see a very different Rog from the one you last had in your squad. He may not have the X Factor that Wannenburg may have, but he won't let you down and you'll get someone with an exceptional work ethic and committment.

Downey has been great for us. Perhaps he has limited our game style as he isn't one for a side-step and blistering speed to get behind a defence, but defensively he's been a brick wall. It's the one area of our squad that we need to address as we are a little light in the backs.

Anyway, enough about the Saints, this weekend is hopefully all about you guys. I think Leinster are there for the taking. Because we don't play them regularly, a bit like Munster, we play their reputation more than the side. I think your players will know what to expect more than any other to be honest and you have certainly kicked on from last year as a squad. I have respect for Leinster and they rightly won last year as they showed great spirit to come fighting back in the second half, so I have no sour grapes towards them, but I would just love it if you pulled through. I dread to think of the Leinster love-in that SKY are preparing this week, so it's always even more enjoyable to hear them have to eat their words and change the script.

You've welcomed me onto this board with the true spirit of rugby supporters. I don't know any of you, but I know of you and it would be wonderful to think of you all going absolutley crazy at the final whistle. Success doesn't come the way of our clubs too often, the likes of Leicester and Leinster almost get used to winning things on a regular basis. As someone who supports a side who are becoming true experts at being nearly men, I know how a win for Ulster would feel for all of you.

Safe journey to all those that are travelling, and the very best wishes to you all.
Oh When The Saints.. Go Marching In
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Cheers Ken!

Hope all is well with you and yours!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
chris d
Novice

Post by chris d »

:salut: :salut: :salut:
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

A really heartfelt message, cheers for that Ken - it actually made me catch my breath for a minute :salut: :salut: .

We loved our visit to Northampton last year and really hope to return sometime in the future (might take a while though as we've been rendered utterly skint following Ulster this season :lol: ) but we WILL be back to your lovely town and lovely, lovely people. To have fans that you met at the game come back to join you for a pint later the same night is something I certainly won't forget (even if I was a bit :drunken: by then :lol: ).

RW did leave under a bit of a cloud but went quietly about his business, unlike his mate who went with him :roll: .

Gutted as we are to lose P3, I'm sure big Rog will soon be back in the hearts of Ulster supporters. He was nothing other than consistent for us either and we are truly delighted he's coming back home where he belongs :red: . It's a shame his last game ended like it did for him but I know he'll always be held in very high regard by Saints fans.

I really hope we are going buck daft at the final whistle, I just hope my bladder holds out when I'm doing the :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :shock: :lol:

All the very best Ken and good luck next season :salut: :salut:
my mate dave
Novice

Post by my mate dave »

True gent, Ken! :salut:
Koonak
Novice

Post by Koonak »

Appreciated by all in Ulster Ken :)
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:This is killing me ....

.... has anyone got a cork???????
You just bring your lucky boxers :lol: :red:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Wee Woman wrote:I really hope we are going buck daft at the final whistle, I just hope my bladder holds out when I'm doing the :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :shock: :lol:
I don't think anyone will really worry if it doesn't :lol: :lol: :lol: You will probably even witness grown men crying so a bit more liquid dripping on the ground won't be noticed.

Cheers for the good wishes St Ken and hpe your run of luck with rugby results follows in the same manner right to the end of the season :salut: :red:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best