Ulster Rugby Flags for Twickenham

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster Rugby Flags for Twickenham

Post by BR »

paulmrcvs wrote:Thanks for the beer offer BR but just to confound people on here more I am a non alcolhol drinking rugby supporter... I will be the Ulster supporter with a BIG WHITE UR logoed FLEG - any soft drink will do fine! PC
More than happy to buy you a mineral - sure I'm practically tea-total myself.

I'll be the Ulster supporter with the BIG WHITE(ish) UR-drinking-a-pint-of-coke FLEG. ;) Please say hello.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Koonak
Novice

Post by Koonak »

Called into UR today on the off chance to get a couple of 'UR' flags for the kids on Saturday. Oh dear ... not a happy topic! Told I'd get them there if I was one of the lucky ones. Didnt manage to get any at the Aviva and had hoped to add to the hype for the kids by bringing some over - no such luck! I guess the flags are a sore subject down at UR offices? Spending a flipping fortune between going 2 Aviva and to Twickenham for the kids to experience the atmosphere and show their support (in turn hope they will be life long supporters of the Club) - whats a couple of plastic flags for that loyalty! Anyhow good news about the earlier question I had about bag storage near Twickenham (we are going straight from the airport to the Amlin final on Friday as well) - got the bag lifted today for £15 and will be delivered to the hotel by Friday (I hope!) by Parcelforce - cheaper than I could book it onto the plane for! Looking forward to the weekend - flag or no flag - weve got the shirts!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Koonak wrote:Called into UR today on the off chance to get a couple of 'UR' flags for the kids on Saturday. Oh dear ... not a happy topic! Told I'd get them there if I was one of the lucky ones. Didnt manage to get any at the Aviva and had hoped to add to the hype for the kids by bringing some over - no such luck! I guess the flags are a sore subject down at UR offices? Spending a flipping fortune between going 2 Aviva and to Twickenham for the kids to experience the atmosphere and show their support (in turn hope they will be life long supporters of the Club) - whats a couple of plastic flags for that loyalty! Anyhow good news about the earlier question I had about bag storage near Twickenham (we are going straight from the airport to the Amlin final on Friday as well) - got the bag lifted today for £15 and will be delivered to the hotel by Friday (I hope!) by Parcelforce - cheaper than I could book it onto the plane for! Looking forward to the weekend - flag or no flag - weve got the shirts!
Koonak there are 4000 flegs going on seats and 7500 tickets to Ulster so around 1 fleg per 2 seats
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:
Koonak wrote:Called into UR today on the off chance to get a couple of 'UR' flags for the kids on Saturday. Oh dear ... not a happy topic! Told I'd get them there if I was one of the lucky ones. Didnt manage to get any at the Aviva and had hoped to add to the hype for the kids by bringing some over - no such luck! I guess the flags are a sore subject down at UR offices? Spending a flipping fortune between going 2 Aviva and to Twickenham for the kids to experience the atmosphere and show their support (in turn hope they will be life long supporters of the Club) - whats a couple of plastic flags for that loyalty!
Koonak there are 4000 flegs going on seats and 7500 tickets to Ulster so around 1 fleg per 2 seats
What would folks prefer Ulster Rugby to do?
Keep the flegs at Ravenhill and distribute to people who may not even travel, or take them Twickers and leave them for people to pick up in their seat - you don't even have to go out of your way to get to Ravers to collect - and Ulster Rugby KNOW that all the flegs they provided will be there at the match.

It's a no-brainer!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Koonak
Novice

Post by Koonak »

Reason I went 2 Ravenhill was because we got tickets early on before ulster got through to final. Didn't get tickets thru ulster rugby so chances are we won't be in the area the flags are being distributed to. Agree wholeheartedly that best idea to distribute them at the grounds but only asked for reason above. Not 2 much to ask like - 2 plastic flags. Would have been very happy to pay 4 them - but obviously reason for much disgruntlement at the office. Frosty as ice at the request. Anyhow not to worry - lucky to be there at all!! :thumleft:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Koonak wrote:Reason I went 2 Ravenhill was because we got tickets early on before ulster got through to final. Didn't get tickets thru ulster rugby so chances are we won't be in the area the flags are being distributed to. Agree wholeheartedly that best idea to distribute them at the grounds but only asked for reason above. Not 2 much to ask like - 2 plastic flags. Would have been very happy to pay 4 them - but obviously reason for much disgruntlement at the office. Frosty as ice at the request. Anyhow not to worry - lucky to be there at all!! :thumleft:
Quite possible the flegs are already left Ravenhill anyway.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Flat-top
Novice

Post by Flat-top »

Koonak wrote: Didn't get tickets thru ulster rugby so chances are we won't be in the area the flags are being distributed to.
Which area are you in? If you are anywhere close to the South Stand lower tier then you won't be far from me. I have a ticket via UR so if I find a fleg on my seat I will happily let your youngsters have it if it is at all possible to pass it over.

SUFTU
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

Koonak,

PM me - I have one extra flag from the Aviva - your welcome to it for the kids!
Finished
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I also have some crappy wee red Ulster ones in the house. Think I'll take them over and give them to any weans in my vicinity who are prepared to wave them.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Koonak
Novice

Post by Koonak »

Thanks for the offer - got sorted with two from a mate in work. Two happy wee guys the nite
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Samstew wrote:http://thefrontrowunion.com/2012/05/fle ... -you-know/

I have just had a read of DL's piece on the FRU titled "Flegs – the answer (it’s really obvious you know…)"

DL quite rightly made it very clear that this was his personal opinion " NB: all of these views are mine, and not necessarily the position of the FRU – I have not discussed this topic with the FRU, so I don’t know where they stand on any of the issues I have raised!"

I think the Ed footnote sums it up for me -
"ED: We don’t mind though I must admit I have a preference for the Norn Iron Fleg. If it’s good enough for the changing room at Ravers it’s good enough for me!"

Having read so much on this forum on the subject of flags, I was seriously considering not taking my own to the game next week, a nice big 8' x 5' NI flag.
But this comment makes total sense to me and hopefully to others.
What we choose to wave around, in the support of the team, be it the NI flag, Ulster Provincial flag or the UR brand flag, very nice by the way, should be taken in the context in which it is meant, the support of the team.

Sam... from what I hear the Norn Iron fleg that adorned the wall of the changing room at Ravenhill for so many years has been stripped down by the powers to be as no longer PC enough for UR. For me I will be there supporting my team and flying a fleg which has a much closer tie to my country than any from Poland, Japan, South Africa or wherever else.

Koonak .... I changed from my corporate freebie seat to sit with the real fans (and I now fear for my safety) just hoping that one of us will then get a free fleg.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

bought me self an 8x5 union flag in support of the players from the union to fly alongside that of SA and NZ ,can't wait 3 more sleeps :cheers:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
my mate dave
Novice

Post by my mate dave »

On the bus home this evening and some will be glad to know the streets in Twickenham already have a tricolour hanging every 100 yds :roll: Guess the powers that be thought that recycling the Irish international flegs would do the job...
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

my mate dave wrote:On the bus home this evening and some will be glad to know the streets in Twickenham already have a tricolour hanging every 100 yds :roll: Guess the powers that be thought that recycling the Irish international flegs would do the job...
Just wait and see.... I'm told the delivery of another type of flag was a bit late. :wink:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

mikerob wrote:
my mate dave wrote:On the bus home this evening and some will be glad to know the streets in Twickenham already have a tricolour hanging every 100 yds :roll: Guess the powers that be thought that recycling the Irish international flegs would do the job...
Just wait and see....
That will keep you warm for the next week mike with free firewood and flags for the fire :lol:
Rory Best