what more does paddy wallace have to do?!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rakem
Novice

what more does paddy wallace have to do?!

Post by rakem »

seriously like...

"Ireland name three uncapped players for New Zealand tour
Ireland coach Declan Kidney has named three uncapped players in his squad for the summer tour to New Zealand, which will feature three Test matches.

Ulster prop Declan Fitzpatrick, Munster hooker Mike Sherry and winger Simon Zebo are named in a 29-man panel.

Ulster's Darren Cave and Dan Tuohy are included, but Craig Gilroy misses out.

Tom Court has been ruled out with a thumb injury sustained in the Heineken Cup final while Brian O'Driscoll returns after missing the Six Nations.

O'Driscoll is back in the squad for the first time since the Rugby World Cup and has been confirmed as captain for the tour.

There are a number of spaces left vacant with a further prop, second row, back row and scrum-half to be added before the squad departs for New Zealand.

Paul O'Connell is certain to occupy one of those slots if he recovers sufficiently from a minor knee operation.

Isaac Boss is also set to come in, although Paul Marshall may come under consideration if Boss fails to recover from a quad muscle injury.

Brett Wilkinson and Chris Henry are likely to come in to take the vacant forwards' positions.

Paddy Wallace has been omitted and Tommy Bowe is not available after having surgery on a kidney problem.

Luke Fitzgerald is missing with a neck injury which kept him out of the Heineken Cup final.

"This is a fantastic opportunity for some of the players coming into the squad," said Irish coach Declan Kidney.

"It will be a great learning experience and this is not the time for the faint of heart.

"We will go there as strong as we can and front up."

Ireland squad: Forwards: Rory Best, Sean Cronin, Stephen Ferris, Declan Fitzpatrick, Cian Healy, Jamie Heaslip, Sean O'Brien, Donncha O'Callaghan, Peter O'Mahony, Mike Ross, Donnacha Ryan, Mike Sherry, Dan Tuohy, AN Other, AN Other, AN Other.

Backs: Darren Cave, Gordon D'Arcy, Keith Earls, Rob Kearney, Fergus McFadden, Conor Murray, Brian O'Driscoll, Ronan O'Gara, Eoin Reddan, Jonathan Sexton, Andrew Trimble, Simon Zebo, AN Other. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18147492
Husky
Novice

Re: what more does paddy wallace have to do?!

Post by Husky »

:lol: What a selection. Kidney logic strikes again.

Zebo ahead of Gilroy?!

Zebo is a turnstile in defense. He'll be spinning like wonder woman as the ABs run by him.
“I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don’t have as many people who believe it.”
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

How Zebo got selected I don't know. I don't think Gilroy is ready for the step to international rugby and certainly don't think Zebo is. Of all the young wings I'd have thought Dave Kearney fully deserves a place.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Looks like Deccie is looking to the future and Paddy gets shafted. I remember P. Wallace being about the best player on the Irish side that took on NZ a few years ago, tackled like a mad man. I guess he's not alone. The HC winning captain doesn't get a place either. As for Zebo? Unreal. Kearney and Gilroy can both feel hard done by.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Listen guys ... Ireland are going to get uberhosed down there ... uber hosed - the more of our lads that get a rest and don't have to endure that kind of humping the better ... I'd prefer 1F to be at home this summer.

I don't want any Ulster canon fodder about the team for the RTE/Farrelly feckwits to use as reasons why Ireland are getting their arses handed to them on a big sliver plate.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Zebo is crap and will be found out on this tour if he gets selected.

However, I can see why Wallace is dropped, he's 33 and although he's in good form, he won't be around for much longer, its time to move on and find able replacements.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Tommy had a kidney operation; what, Declan Kidney? I thought it was a ligament? Oh, and what was wrong with Diack? Anybody know?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Not too worried about Paddy not being selected. Any additional matches played outside the regular season will shorten his career as far as I'm concerned. It'd be great if we get another 3 seasons from him.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

I hope Zebo plays and never players again for Ireland after that. crap player.
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

breakdown wrote:I hope Zebo plays and never players again for Ireland after that. crap player.

Steady on there, he's a young pup with bags of pace. Not an international class player just yet but certainly not crap.

Munster have produced plenty of international backs with no pace, so at least Zebo has somethnig going for him
Harold7
Warrior

Post by Harold7 »

breakdown wrote:I hope Zebo plays and never players again for Ireland after that. crap player.
Sorry but that's a ridiculous thing to say about a young up and coming player. If a Munster fan said that about Jackson or Gilroy I'm sure you'd be rightly fuming.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Harold7 wrote:
Sorry but that's a ridiculous thing to say about a young up and coming player. If a Munster fan said that about Jackson or Gilroy I'm sure you'd be rightly fuming.
+1
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Yeah hes pacey, but really what else has he got? A good finisher with pace. Not a great defender or kicker. I hope for Irelands sake that he isnt played, up against any international team when you fall off tackles after provincial level isnt looking good.

You're right about saying things like that but the difference about Gilroy and Zebo is that Craig has a much better all round game and has another seasons more experience than Zebo.
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Setanta wrote:Tommy had a kidney operation; what, Declan Kidney? I thought it was a ligament? Oh, and what was wrong with Diack? Anybody know?
Nope, haematoma next to the kidney.

Disappointed that the Barbarians game isn't even being used as an opportunity to push for inclusion in the tour
bigchiefally
Initiate

Post by bigchiefally »

poor