AIL FIXTURES

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: AIL FIXTURES

Post by Kofi Annan »

REdWhiteknight should you moto not be: disce aut discede
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
RedWhiteKnight
Novice

Post by RedWhiteKnight »

Rooster wrote:
RedWhiteKnight wrote:Maybe with him playing regular 1st 15 rugby from the start of the season might actually help his chances though because I'm sure he wouldn't have progressed much further playing for Gannon's 2's and benching for the 1's. Just a thought, maybe a wise decision?

I've heard very little about Malone, what chance do they stand on staying up in 1B?
Strange, you didn't seem to know much about Lawton earlier now you seem to know a fair bit about him :scratch: Perhaps a daft thought but you don't happen to know him personally by any chance ?
Rooster I'm just going by what's already been discussed my others on the topic. He's been talked about before by Gannonman and Kofi who seem to know a lot more about him. If you read back a few months it's widely known he was playing 2's rugby at the start of the season. I really don't know anything about players reasons for joining certain clubs, but I am curious to find out why, if clubs say they are not paying players, people still assume its only for money? Take McIlroy for example, would he get paid from Ballymena or Ballynahinch now that he's moved? Even though he's in the Ulster set up? If not then what's made him jump ship?
If ya ain't first, you're last!
robrfc15
Novice

Post by robrfc15 »

rainey in - Steve McGinis from flyde, played with the old boys previously before going to england, making a return next season, Conor O'Neill from Queens, Michael Sargent from Instonians
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Can imagine Lawton getting more 1st XV minutes at Hinch than Gannon with their back 3 all recognised by UR but not likely to play much in Ulster games until maybe the 6Ns.

I would also imagine that UR have a lot of the say in where the likes contracted players like McIlroy play their rugby
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

Interested to see where porter will play next year, potentially a return to Banbridge? Malone have approached many many players from other clubs this year, as have the hinch.

PS anyone who thinks that most clubs out there aren't paying players, are V naive.
midulsterrugby
Novice

Post by midulsterrugby »

If all those signings Rainey have made are true, then they've got to be certs to go up this coming season and give some of the big boys a bloody nose in the UL aswell.

Tim Barker : Ulster Rugby
Mark O'Connor : Coventry
Richard Aingsworth : Ballymena
Johnny Shiels
Steven McGinis : Flyde
Conor O'Neill : Queens
Mike Sargent : Instonians

Anymore schoolboys coming from Limavady or Coleraine?
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Porter is playing for Banbridge next year afaik.
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

he's a great signing, a real match winner. Matt Johnson has gone there from Queens also.
midulsterrugby
Novice

Post by midulsterrugby »

Cooke's captain Jody McMurray has left to go back to hometown club Rainey OB.
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Where is all the info re the AIL that has been posted overcthe last few weeks.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
uafcadmin
Novice

Post by uafcadmin »

I believe you already know the answer to that question bootlaced and I am not in the habit of repeating what others have already said. Perhaps you have another agenda?
If you would like to make a polite request we can let you have a copy of a particular item of data within reason.
"Remember lads, there's no retreat. No more talk now. Just make peace with yourselves." :red:
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Malone have announced their new signings:

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/malone/ne ... 22277.html

The following players who are listed below have signed to play for Malone Rfc, we warmly welcome each new or returning player and look forward to seeing them in Malone colours in the weeks ahead.

David Haliday (tight head)
Ian Moxen (hooker)
Ryan Jablanski (loose head)
Gareth (2nd Row)
Lewis Jones (2nd Row)
Daryl Rooney (back Row)
Ben McDonald (back row)
David Creighton (9)
Caelonn Fitzpatrick (14/15)
Thomas Ringland(Ringo)

We have 10 of the real exiting U/19 team players from the last two years moving up to senior rugby and staying at Malone RFC.

The following Ulster Rugby Players are allocated to Malone RFC, Robbie Diack, Lewis Stevenson and Nial O'Connor.
powergorilla
Novice

Post by powergorilla »

When do the fixtures for the AIL 2012/13 season be published?
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

I would imagine soon enough as the Ulster League fixtures came out today.

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/branch/fixtures/index.php
cheese
Initiate

Post by cheese »

AIL fixtures are up.