Suggestion Box

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Suggestion Box

Post by fermain »

There are literally hundreds of registered posters on this board who require next to no moderation so why a different rule for them on the front page articles?
Cheers Colin, good point. The UAFC Ed has pointed out the exact same thing!!! LOL
I am looking at the permissions to ensure that members can post comments without approval. Leave it with me, I'll let you know how when it's working.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

It would be nice to come on to the forum and post a message without then having to log in again after the message has been posted, eg log in,post a message,click on message to see if it has been posted right,go on to a different thread and you are logged out,how long does the current log in last for. :scratch:
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Do you click the box that logs you on with every visit?
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

breakdown wrote:Do you click the box that logs you on with every visit?

Expand?
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

When you get logged out, type in with username/password and below it there are two tick boxes, one to log on automatically every visit and the other to hide online status. Hope that helps.
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

breakdown wrote:When you get logged out, type in with username/password and below it there are two tick boxes, one to log on automatically every visit and the other to hide online status. Hope that helps.

Thanks
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Is there any chance of removing the left hand column that carries no really important info that couldn't be accommodated at the top and / or bottom of the page where it used to lie quite happily? It certainly isn't an improvement in any way on the layout before the 'changeover'. It just results in about 20% of the screen being blank. O.K.ish but pointless on a desktop, awfully wasteful and irritating on a laptop and totally mince on a phone or touchpad device.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Off topic, but I was hoping some keyboard Jock can answer this one. Is their anyway to sync the fixture list with the calendar on my phone(iPhone 6)?
I've had a hunt on the official site and it isn't jumping out at me, although I am a Luddite.
As a refugee from the slowly dying IPL, I've been used to having this facility for a few years now and I was hoping we could do the same with the still rising star if Ulster Rugby
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Whoooooooooooooooa, a suggestion box?????????????? Shut the front door. :shock:

Here is one. Please remove the word bi-got (without the hyphen) from the word censor. This word simply is not offensive nor abusive, censoring it's use is an abuse of it's/my/everyone else's human rights.

To encourage you, I will personally guarantee never to call George Clancy a bi-got (without the hyphen), given that I accept I may have been mistaken & that this beloved great grandson of the murdered mayor of Limerick has become a splendid referee. Furthermore I will guarantee to scold/chastise any incorrect or abusive use of the word by anyone here who would be better of in clownshoes. Can't say fairer than that. :D

I lauded him for his splendid performance at Spanners when he yellow carded both Bob & Fitzfeckall & awarded an absolute brahmer of a penalty try in favour of the Mexican hated Ruan Pienaar.

I believe this to be a fair offer ........... I t'ink you yutes should accept it. I'd be happy to consider any lawyerly counter-offer.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Tighter End wrote:Off topic, but I was hoping some keyboard Jock can answer this one. Is their anyway to sync the fixture list with the calendar on my phone(iPhone 6)?
I've had a hunt on the official site and it isn't jumping out at me, although I am a Luddite.
As a refugee from the slowly dying IPL, I've been used to having this facility for a few years now and I was hoping we could do the same with the still rising star if Ulster Rugby
There is a link for the calendar but it does not work for me
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I have this but on Android. Obviously not much help but it does exist. I'll look for it for you.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Hold the phone chaps. Sorted. Got it to work on third attempt, don't know and don't care why it failed previously, but the old IT mainstay, The Ballymurphy Reboot, worked as always.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Tighter End wrote:Hold the phone chaps. Sorted. Got it to work on third attempt, don't know and don't care why it failed previously, but the old IT mainstay, The Ballymurphy Reboot, worked as always.
Feck all to do with the Ballymurphy Reboot, they changed the link to one that works :lol: :lol: :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

It doesn't work that well... Every game is now on my calendar twice.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tighter End wrote:It doesn't work that well... Every game is now on my calendar twice.
Don't fret Tender, that's just to be sure, to be sure.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.