Allen Clarke Returns to Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Allen Clarke Returns to Ulster

Post by cjp »

I would imagine Clarke is in charge. Longwell would report to him, then McGlocks, Malone and the person to be appointed report to Longwell.
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

We have been told we are moving to the next level,but this news says we are not. :blueafro:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:May be that each underage level now has a coach in charge of that team who is directly responsible for results. Did the "great leader" not say our underage results were poor? Did the "great leader" not say results to improve?

Results in my experience improve when "ruthless" is personally "accountable" for "results".
Ruthless in that scenario though could lead to those further up the tree, ie those coaching the older levels blaming those below them for not producing players for them and could all turn into a blame game if things dont lead to world Domination ©
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Not too sure what's going on but I trust humph, here's hoping...
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Exactly how long was Logie in Russia?
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

I never thought that Clarke had left :paperbag:

Was he not brought in to do a bit of front row work,cough cough,at times like this you really do miss cables :salut:
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I'm not sure how to read this:

Clarke sacked by D4; looked after by mates at Ravenhill.
or
Ulster strengthens development set-up by poaching coach from IRFU.

I just hope the individuals are better clued in to who's doing what than we are, because too many cooks, etc.
What would be interesting is if McLaughlin applies for the D4 job ;)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Loads of pessamisim here ... I on the other hand am delighted. From what I have heard (from pretty high up the food chain) the structure in place is now absolutely first rate, and a lot of 'job titles' we seem to be working under are sooooo last season darling - think total revamp. As Insoector Clouseau would say ... "out with the bad air .... in with the gooood"

I have a lot of faith that our under age set up is now going to be superb from U16 up and all the way down to mini and early schools level, what I have seen put forward is like a very well structured business plan and Ulster will reap big rewards in a few years.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

So does Longwell work for UR now? Thought he was a Sportni employee for a while.

McL was offered a 'senior coaching position in the Academy' but appears to be bottom of the tree....wouldnt blame him for applying to D4 will it be the fixed term contract he was looking to avoid?
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Cornerfleg wrote:Loads of pessamisim here ... I on the other hand am delighted. From what I have heard (from pretty high up the food chain) the structure in place is now absolutely first rate, and a lot of 'job titles' we seem to be working under are sooooo last season darling - think total revamp. As Insoector Clouseau would say ... "out with the bad air .... in with the gooood"

I have a lot of faith that our under age set up is now going to be superb from U16 up and all the way down to mini and early schools level, what I have seen put forward is like a very well structured business plan and Ulster will reap big rewards in a few years.

So with you contacts high up all is rosie, no one to resign or get sacked, that is really good to know. I just hope when I go into work this afternoon that Carly the office manager from Cork is not sitting in my chair telling me I am no longer in charge of the Belfast department after 7 years hard work and i am now her private assistant.
"This doesn't look good Parker"
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Clarke was part of the coaching team which took us to the Celtic League title. Glad to see him back.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

To be placed outside the door before first Academy management meeting:
KNIFEAMNESTY UR.jpg
KNIFEAMNESTY UR.jpg (20.61 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
i hear that there has been an increase in sales of anti-stab vests in the South Belfast area :duck:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Kofi Annan wrote:To be placed outside the door before first Academy management meeting:
KNIFEAMNESTY UR.jpg
i hear that there has been an increase in sales of anti-stab vests in the South Belfast area :duck:
:lol: :lol: :lol: And to make matters worse it's the silly season in Norn iron at present. :oman: :terror: :duck: :argue:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
monkee
Novice

Post by monkee »

If all above are in the Academy set-up then fantastic &I hope it can only be good but I can only think grown adults egos are worse than their kids.
Could someone maybe draw up a little Ulster Rugby flow chart for us?
Now, who on here wouldn't want to see that?
I'd draw it up meself but It'd be pointless & without direction. From the top might be fun? :duck:
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Cornerfleg wrote:Loads of pessamisim here ... I on the other hand am delighted. From what I have heard (from pretty high up the food chain) the structure in place is now absolutely first rate, and a lot of 'job titles' we seem to be working under are sooooo last season darling - think total revamp. As Insoector Clouseau would say ... "out with the bad air .... in with the gooood"

Love the optimism Fleg and hope you are right. Do you know specifically who is doing what in the academy, who is running the show etc.?