Is this true?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

cleffies
Novice

Re: Is this true?

Post by cleffies »

I am absolutely stunned at the news of the Tragic Death of Nevin, his Dad and Brother. May God bless the Spence Family, condolences to Ulster Rugby, Players and Fans alike and to friends and all who knew them. A truly sad day for Irish Rugby!
Kevy-Wevz
Novice

Post by Kevy-Wevz »

Really really saddened by this news and my heart goes out to the Spence family and thier friends. A real tragedy that puts our bickering about ref decisions and sinbinnings into perspective

RIP Graham, Noel and Nevin.

I beleive there was a suggestion of the supporters of the Irish club supporters giving a rendition of SUFTUM next week after the minutes silence, a great idea and I genuinely hope this comes to pass.

A visitng Munsterman.
Last edited by Kevy-Wevz on Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Just shocked!! My heart goes out to his mum, sister and his brother's wife and children. We have lost a talented player but they have lost their world.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rocky wrote:In addition to the great sorrow I feel about Nevin's death and the suffering of the women and children left from this triple tragedy, I have to say that I have been moved to tears today when reading so many messages of support and sympathy from people in the rugby community all over Ireland and Britain and even wider afield. That is not to say that this comes as any sort of a surprise to me. It's simply a reflection of the spirit and camaraderie of the whole rugby community and part of what makes me love the game so much.
Well put Rocky, its a strange feeling when you cry for someone you don't really know from Adam but feel like its a family member.
pwrmoore wrote:Just shocked!! My heart goes out to his mum, sister and his brother's wife and children. We have lost a talented player but they have lost their world.
You couldn't have put that any better.
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

My deepest sympathy and condolences to the Spence family on their loss
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
TMHG
Initiate

Post by TMHG »

What a terrible tragedy for everyone, but particularly for the Spence family & friends.

My sympathy and condolences to all and may Noel, Graham & Nevin Rest in Peace.
onthewing
Novice

Post by onthewing »

I don't really have anything to add beyond what other have already said. Like everyone else, i just wanted to add my own condolences to the Spence family and the wider community. I am gutted, I have had a tear in my eye all day. I can't imagine what the Spence family must be feeling.
tommy from comber
Novice

Post by tommy from comber »

Sincere sympathy to all envolved. My prayers go out to all family and friends.
Boo-boo
Novice

Post by Boo-boo »

I just wanted to pass on my condolences to the families, friends and rugby community on such a tragic passing of 3 men. I cannot imagine the pain of those that remain. May they rest in peace.

Another Munster and rugby fan.
King Red
Novice

Post by King Red »

Absolutely shocked by this terrible, terrible news. Sincerest condolences to the Spence family. May Nevin, Graham and Noel rest in peace.

Thoughts, too, for Emma and a speedy recovery.

KR,
(A Munster supporter).
McCloud
Novice

Post by McCloud »

What a absolute tragedy, sincere condolences to the Spence Family, friends, Ulster squad and all who knew Nevin, his brother and father. RIP

A Munster fan.
eeyore
Initiate

Post by eeyore »

I was stunned when I heard this news last night and I'm still shocked. A desperately sad day for Ulster rugby but an absolute tragedy for the Spence family who lost fathers, brothers and sons.

I'm sure most of us have spent the day recalling memories of Nevin. Memories of him crashing into contact, bursting through tackles and scoring tries, with Dragons's players out muscled by his power, or in the corner at Bath, flipping over on his head and coming up with the ball. But the picture that keeps coming into my mind is of Nevin with what seemed to be a constant huge enthusiastic smile on his face.

God bless you kid
Wooohooo!! Only donkey left on the board
monty burnz
Novice

Post by monty burnz »

Another Munster fan here; I felt I had to register here to express my shock and sadness at what happened Nevin and his family. I wish Nevin's family, their community, and the Ulster rugby family all the best in coming to terms with this terrible blow.

RIP Nevin, Graham and Noel.
lovesthehardground
Steward

Post by lovesthehardground »

Saw Nevin Spence on Friday night for the first time this season. Less than 24 hours later he had lost his life. Tragic, tragic loss. Just doesn't make sense but brings home what your priorities in life should be.

Deepest sympathies for the whole Spence family circle and friends. You are in my prayers.
LTHG
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Completely shocked and saddened by the news of the Spence family's tragedy. The rugby family has lost a talented young man, the Spence family have lost so much more, prayers are with them at this time