Treviso 2012/13

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Treviso 2012/13

Post by scrum5 »

Bit early I know but I've booked flights to Venice and then the Carlton Hotel in Treviso for the game in November, would appreciate any info as this is the 1st time to Treviso, eg best way to get to the hotel from the airport, from hotel to the ground, match tickets and where will the rest if any Ulster supporters be situated in stadium, also which eateries are recommended.... many thanks, by the way flying out of Dublin on the Thursday...
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Treviso 2012/13

Post by Rooster »

scrum5 wrote:Bit early I know but I've booked flights to Venice and then the Carlton Hotel in Treviso for the game in November, would appreciate any info as this is the 1st time to Treviso, eg best way to get to the hotel from the airport, from hotel to the ground, match tickets and where will the rest if any Ulster supporters be situated in stadium, also which eateries are recommended.... many thanks, by the way flying out of Dublin on the Thursday...
You will probably find a few experienced Treviso trippers on that flight and in that hotel.
Buy tickets at gate for the unreserved section of the covered stand, most usually sit around the 22 nearest the entrance, pizza eaterie in the main square called Da Pino. Treviso is not big so you won't get lost
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

A gentleman as usual Rooster, thank you hopefully see you their and put a face to the name :cheers:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

scrum5 wrote:A gentleman as usual Rooster, thank you hopefully see you their and put a face to the name :cheers:
Won't see me as I can't make it this year
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

Scrum ... 4 of us flying from Stansted Fri - Monday, I know of at least 6 - 8 others going, so should be a fair turnout

Also staying in the Carlton .. .arrive friday about 2-30ish so just time to get to hotel and get a few in before game

See you there :red:
Triertryer
Novice

Post by Triertryer »

Am flying into Treviso from Germany with three friends to watch game. Is it ok to get tickets at the gate or should we book in advance? Also any usual meeting place before the game for Ulster fans?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Triertryer wrote:Am flying into Treviso from Germany with three friends to watch game. Is it ok to get tickets at the gate or should we book in advance? Also any usual meeting place before the game for Ulster fans?
Get them at gate, fans usually in the covered stand unreserved section and they normally meet in the beer tent :salut:
Rory Best
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

I have an (Ex) Aironi mate who is looking to get down to Treviso to watch our game, he knows the landlord of some Rugby friendly
pub in the old town of Treviso that welcomes away fans .. and hopefully some home fans too.

Will post nearer the game if he arranges something... likely be after the game on friday night OR even the saturday night for those staying a few days
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

scrum5 wrote:A gentleman as usual Rooster, thank you hopefully see you their and put a face to the name :cheers:
If you want to put a face to the name, try THIS ONE It's a Goodie :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
jamsodonnell
Novice

Post by jamsodonnell »

Now that the Zebre game has been rearranged for the previous Sunday to the Treviso fixture, is it reasonable to assume that the boys are going to spend a week in Italy ? Seems sensible to me, but wonder how the Ulster Treasurer feels about that ?? Might have to rearrange my plans now, if this is announced.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

jamsodonnell wrote:Now that the Zebre game has been rearranged for the previous Sunday to the Treviso fixture, is it reasonable to assume that the boys are going to spend a week in Italy ? Seems sensible to me, but wonder how the Ulster Treasurer feels about that ?? Might have to rearrange my plans now, if this is announced.
If anyone fancies a week in Italy you could do worse than fly into Milan or Parma stay few days then head up to Treviso, can all be done pretty easily on public transport.
Rory Best
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

If I hadn't already booked flights I would have been up for that
Treviso sounds like a great trip...wasn't overly keen on Parma!
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Still unsure of how to get from Marco Polo airport to Treviso, thinking about hiring a car for a couple of days, anyone done this before and if so is it easy enough to get to Treviso it seems like it's only about half an hours drive......Thanks
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

IIRC There's a bus connection from Marco Polo to Mestres train station, then train up to Treviso.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

scrum5 wrote:Still unsure of how to get from Marco Polo airport to Treviso, thinking about hiring a car for a couple of days, anyone done this before and if so is it easy enough to get to Treviso it seems like it's only about half an hours drive......Thanks
Bus from airport to either Mestre or Venice Central , Mestre is preferable as saves doubling back on your trip, then train to Treviso.
Half hour by car if you are going to tour around but if just doing a day trip to Venice take the train as it's easier and saves parking etc.

Just ask at the info desk in the airport and they will sort you out, buses are about every 15 mins I think.
Rory Best