Castres Vs Northampton

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Castres Vs Northampton

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Any team news on what XV Castres are putting out against Northampton? Yes, I know worry about whats going on in Glasgow and the rest will take care of itself.

I would hope though that Castres will put out a team capable of giving Northampton le hop
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Castres Vs Northampton

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

or at least batter them..... old school French style... :cowboy: :flower:
Exterminate all rational thought
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Northampton side...
15 Stephen MYLER
14 Ken PISI
13 George PISI
12 Dom WALDOUCK
11 Vasily ARTEMYEV
10 Ryan LAMB
9 Lee DICKSON
1 Soane TONGA'UIHA
2 Dylan HARTLEY (capt)
3 Brian MUJATI
4 Samu MANOA
5 Courtney LAWES
6 Phil DOWSON
7 Tom WOOD
8 Rhys OAKLEY

Replacements
16 Mike HAYWOOD
17 Alex WALLER
18 Paul DORAN JONES
19 Mark SORENSON
20 GJ VAN VELZE
21 Martin ROBERTS
22 Tom MAY
23 Scott ARMSTRONG
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:or at least batter them..... old school French style... :cowboy: :flower:
They should have a wee bit more in their legs. Hopefully Northampton will at least have to work for it.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

I'd say that will be a battle of attrition....
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

againstthehead wrote:I'd say that will be a battle of attrition....
Two nasty packs, and not a backward step.. hopefully chunks will be removed... it'll hardly be running, champagne rugby then.... feck, I sound like a Ladyboi.... :mexican:
But from a "purist" point of view i.e. ex-prop, it'll probably be magnetic viewing tbh.. and if Hartley the tw*t gets a slap, then all the better.... :puker: :lol:
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Two nasty packs, and not a backward step.. hopefully chunks will be removed... it'll hardly be running, champagne rugby then.... feck, I sound like a Ladyboi.... :mexican:
But from a "purist" point of view i.e. ex-prop, it'll probably be magnetic viewing tbh.. and if Hartley the tw*t gets a slap, then all the better.... :puker: :lol:
Haha, as a fellow ex=frontrower I'm with you!! Could be a joy to behold. If Northampton get drawn into the nitty gritty they could struggle. I was very impressed how Castres recycled ball and used the maul. Certainly 20 points in that side on home turf with their decent goal-kicker.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Bookies are saying Castres by 4 (and Ulster by 5 ). You'd certainly take that.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

againstthehead wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Haha, as a fellow ex=frontrower I'm with you!! Could be a joy to behold. If Northampton get drawn into the nitty gritty they could struggle. I was very impressed how Castres recycled ball and used the maul. Certainly 20 points in that side on home turf with their decent goal-kicker.
Be interesting to see how Mujati and Tongathingymajig get on with a full hairy ar*ed Castres pack having a batter... in some circles, there is belief they're on their way down... not the front row that pulverised us in the last 20 two years ago, when TC when tight... :evil: Think this'll be a very closely watched aspect of the game, cos I dont believe Saints have the upper hand much elsewhere tbh..if we can get parity there, I believe we can take them..
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Interesting to see Myler start at Full-Back...don't think I've ever seen him play there?

Anyway Castres squad is:
Coetzee, Taumoepeau, Lazar, Forestier, Peikrishvili, Mach, Rallier, Samson, Rolland, Tekori, Bornman, Claassen, Wannenburg, Faasalele, Lacrampe, Kockott, Tales, Bai, Cabannes, Kirkpatrick, Sanchou, Bonnefond, Andreu, Garvey, Martial, Teulet.
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Castres Olympique: 15 Romain Teulet, 14 Romain Martial, 13 Paul Bonnefond, 12 Seremaia Bai, 11 Marcel Garvey, 10 Rémi Tales, 9 Rory Kockott, 8 Antonie Claassen, 7 Piula Faasalele, 6 Jannie Bornman, 5 Christophe Samson, 4 Iosefa Tekori, 3 Anton Peikrishvili, 2 Brice Mach, 1 Mihaïta Lazar..
Replacements: 16 Marc-Antoine Rallier, 17 Yannick Forestier, 18 Michaël Coetzee, 19 Matthias Rolland, 20 Daniel Kirkpatrick, 21 Pedrie Wannenburg, 22 Romain Cabannes, 23 Marc Andreu,
Last edited by UlsterNo9 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Pedrie on Bench? I'm sorry but I know nothing about Castres? How many changes is this to last week? Better team?
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Friday 19th October 2012, KO 21:00
Stade Ernest Wallon, Toulouse
Referee: Alain Rolland
http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/matchcentre/19318.php
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

If Rolland can give thon wee turds Hartley and Lawes red cards just for being we turds I'll be happy ... I've always liked Saionts and saints fans but I just can not abide Hartley or Lawes.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

I see Mallinder is already on the whine about the 'unfair scheduling'. From following Castres T14 teams/results that would seem a stronger side than what pitched up at Ravers. Pedrie for example has, generally, been used from the bench throughout the T14 thus far if I am not mistaken.

Not convinced that Castres have that much quality outside of a pretty decent pack, certainly their play was extremely one dimensional at Ravers which is sad to see given that someone like Bai is a terrific attacking talent. If Northampton can nullify them up front and can get some decent ball like they did against Glasgow after the first 30ish minutes then it should be a tight enough affair. A win for Castres and no LBP for Northampton has to be our desired result.