Positives & Negatives: Ulster V Glasgee (2)

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Positives & Negatives: Ulster V Glasgee (2)

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Fly Half wrote:Gilroy getting beaten in the air by a midget for their try was disappointing, and something he needs to sort if he is to progress from the bench.
Very very harsh. Gilroy came from his own wing to make the try saving tackle to start with. Then he was up and running back across when the cross field kick went in.
Jackie, you are teh soul of generosity, the accusation against Gilroy deserved a stronger rebuke than "very very harsh" I suspect Flyhalf completely missed the fact that Gilroy covered a huge amount of ground and saved a try with a great tackle but couldn't quite to it a second time.

Great effort by Gilroy deserving praise rather than condemnation.

As for the game, I wouldn't be unduly harsh on TC, the scrum in general or the iffy lineout, dirty ball from the lineout or anything else. Poor conditions almost make the set piece more tricky. When the skies opened, it gave Weegies a chance to bring yet another team down in a scrappy game & killed any remote chance of 5pts.

That we fixed a lot of our scrappy performance of the first half at half time and did a very professional job when headless rugby threatened speaks very well of coaches & the players ability to get it more or less right in the 2nd half.

All in all I think we have to accept that for what it was & happily move on. Next up the crucial game, beat Saints on their own patch and we are looking set for a Ravenhill Q-F. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

archie wrote:What is some people's problem with Rory on here? Some people just can't wait to slag him.

He is one of the most committed rugby players i have ever seen and those saying He would not have done it to Ruan are talking absolute pish, I remember last season away at Munster in the quater finals he very Nearly came to blows with 1F under the post after the turnips scored as a result of Stevie jumping out the line. He laid the law down to him big style.

Give the guy a break we are lucky to have him.
Dead right Archie, even when he played well last week, some wanted his head for a few poor throws, he is head & shoulders our best hooker & I am one of the few who agreed with him as MOTM last night, he was excellent again, as was the people's champion Chris.

Rory is unquestionably a major leader in the team, only thing I recall is Rory having words for Small not quickly following his orders to get the ball off and having a wee faff about checking his wrist etc. Would imagine we are making mountains of molehills here but Rory has the command in the set up to expect to be heeded.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

Difference between the two teams,Ulster were the hungerier.Scrum let us down,we gave to much respect to Glasgow.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by Eggs » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:42 am
ulsterrr wrote:
Anyone think Best crossed the line last night at the final whistle with PM? Clearly PM is still worried about doing what he did earlier in season.. understandable!
Missed this, what happened?
I think he may have done a little ulsterrr, looked like he gave him a little bit of a stamp.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

He should be glad of a gentle kick in the jaxy from Rory. beagle should have been aware of the clock after what he did a few weeks ago and what Castres did last week. He passed to Callum 14 seconds after the clock went red and was clearly considering another pass. Rory saved him another week in the pink shirt.
For the avoidance of doubt, he wouldn’t have to do it to Ruan as the ball would have been out at 80:15.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Aye Snipe, but Paul was talking to the ref asking him if time was up and best was standing there screaming at him.

Looks to me like Rory was out of order this time.

(and for the avoidance of any doubt, im not on the bash Rory at any chance bandwagon)

Heres the incident if anyone wants a quick look...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DArDJhe4 ... e=youtu.be
Mary had a little lamb . . .
ulsterrr
Novice

Post by ulsterrr »

Yea usually I like Rory giving off to other players because I think it shows commitment and leadership. But kicking him up the Brennan and shoving him is not leadership pure stupid! I would have Rory in the pink shirt this week. Most scrum half's usually check with refs just incase clocks can be wrong!
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

It seems Rory was worried if glasgow turned us over.I didn't notice Rory touching Paul at the break down while watching the match.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

fuzzylogic wrote:Aye Snipe, but Paul was talking to the ref asking him if time was up and best was standing there screaming at him.

Looks to me like Rory was out of order this time.

(and for the avoidance of any doubt, im not on the bash Rory at any chance bandwagon)

Heres the incident if anyone wants a quick look...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DArDJhe4 ... e=youtu.be
Thanks for the vid Fuzzy, disagree with you about Rory being out of order.

Small is lucky Rory didn't boot him, ball & all over the line of the wee eejit was not following instructions. Probably a follow on from Rory's frustration when Small had the ball, looked right, looked left, just stopped short of doing the hokey cokey & some Weegie nearly put his left leg in and turned Small inside out.
Hendo
Novice

Post by Hendo »

Totally agree, Paul Marshall should be glad that's all he got.
thegreenlantern
Novice

Post by thegreenlantern »

Best shud keep his feckin hands and feet to himself. Taken yur frustration out on yur own is a disgrace, take it out on the oppo or at least keep it fur the changin rooms.
rakem
Novice

Post by rakem »

Mountains and molehills lads.if u wanna see disharmony for real just look at he castres boys at full time last week. I have no real problem with that.
thegreenlantern
Novice

Post by thegreenlantern »

We havent been bate,that's a positive.when will we be bate,thats a negetive.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Just home from the match and have watched the first half again.

I think criticism of TC is very harsh - ref was on his side most of the match and missed weegies TH binding on his arm/sleeve EVERY scrum - that includes when he penalised TC for not binding, and a number of times he re-set the scrum when he should have penalised Glasgow. Very poor.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

Inregards to best and marshall. Maybe slightly harsh over reaction but after a long wet night can see the frustration and didn't marshall almost loose the ball in the previous phase trying to dart rather than playing safe and running the clock out.