AIL FIXTURES

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: AIL FIXTURES

Post by Snipe Watson »

Ards 8 Rainey 27
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

rocky wrote:FFS, Kofi, I don't care how bad Ballymena were, Malone must have played very well to run that score up on another Division 1B side. Catch a grip!
Rocky I do have a grip and I watched the game, did you? Yes Malone did well but Mena really did give up, there is something really wrong with the team/club at the moment, it really is lacking direction, if you care to go back a page and read my comment I have been very complimentary about what what Benarde has done with Malone, and as you know leagues are not won after the second game ffs.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Accept all of that Kofi and you're right, I did miss the match because I had a bloody wedding to go to. I couldn't believe the score as it was texted to me through the match. But I did see the Malone - Dungannon match and I can say that Malone were very good indeed in all aspects. I simply find it hard to conceive that they were only average, no matter what Ballymena were like. You don't often see scorelines like that in !A or 1B. The other thing that pleased me was that 12 of the Malone starting team either came through our youth system or came straight from school to us. I fear for Ballymena. I know it's only two games into the league, as you say but it can be difficult to get back up from a big defeat - we know all about that in past seasons. I hope they can turn it round (and I hope Malone can keep it up).
Bo***cks to Brexit
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Was at the game myself.Take nothing away from Malone they were very well organised with a game plan that seems to fit well with the players the have .Considering they were missing Pentland and Burgress in the centres it didn't seem to effect them. John Creighton was star man in my eyes.

Ballymena were awful,they are going to have a tough time this year with a pack that look as if it would struggle against a schools team.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
troupe86
Novice

Post by troupe86 »

Navan RFC 27 - Instonians RFC 14

Navan are a very strong team this season and have recruited well; they'll probably go up this season.
Tighty
Initiate

Post by Tighty »

Taken from the Malone website http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/malone/ne ... 89997.html

''History tells us nothing, Malone are a team for today and the future
Malone inflicted a massive defeat on Ballymena when they visited Eaton Park to play their second Ulster League Division 1B game. Malone won by 3-60

Malone travelled to Eaton Park to play Ballymena in their round 2 fixture of the Ulster Bank league Division 1B. What transpired over the next 80 minutes was some of the best and most entertaining rugby I have seen in a long long time.

Malone defeated Ballymena by a massive score of 3-60, they led by 3-43 at half time having secured their bonus point, tries from Glen Moore (2), Mark Gribben, Connor Joyce, John Creighton and Chris Leathem and 5 conversions and a single penalty from the boot of Niall O'Connor.

Further tries came in the second half from Glen Moore (Capt) who got his hat trick and Neil Alcorn (2) Shandon Scott added the single conversion.''

This was simply a stunning performance the Malone pack were sublime, totally dominant during the entire game, and the back line moves were of the highest standard.

Ballymena on the day simply had no answer to the awesome firepower produced by this young Malone side registering a single penalty score.

Rocky - arent the ''Binmen '' getting above a bit above themselves ?? 2 wins in the AIL and now they think they can consign the major academic discipline of ''History'' to the rubbish heap!??
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Without NOC, i think they will struggle but since this is his level and he will play most of his rugby this season for his er Club, i expect them to be in the top 3ish

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Tighty, Needless to say, I didn't write that banner headline (or any of it) and I agree that it is somewhat early to be going overboard about our chances in 1B over the whole season. Mind you, I did read the report in today's Belly Telly and it said something similar. All I am doing is living in hope that we can continue to play good rugby. I can honestly say that some of the rugby on offer at Gibson Park last season was out of the top drawer (win or lose).
Kofi, There's no doubt NOC has done well in two matches for us (especially considering he was parachuted in literally 24 hours before the Dungannon match) but I think there are other factors. He has been on the end of John Creighton's service and I believe John is as good a scrum half as there is in Ulster (St Ruan excepted, obviously). Our backs were playing sublime rugby before NOC arrived. Indeed, we were missing our two starting centres last Saturday. Also, our pack, led by Glen Moore, has been very good and, if FNW is not fit on Friday, Conor Joyce from the bench wouldn't let anybody down.
Two matches is just that. All I would say is that, if our goal is to stay in 1B, then 10 points is a good step on that road but nothing more than that.
Bo***cks to Brexit
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Sorry, the other thing I meant to say was that it's not too long ago that we were regularly on the wrong end of similar scorelines when playing Hinch, Ballymena and Dungannon. However, our players and coaches and Alickadoos never gave up and I don't think it's unreasonable that we should derive a good deal of pleasure when things are going well for us.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Tighty
Initiate

Post by Tighty »

rocky wrote:Tighty, Needless to say, I didn't write that banner headline (or any of it) and I agree that it is somewhat early to be going overboard about our chances in 1B over the whole season. Mind you, I did read the report in today's Belly Telly and it said something similar. All I am doing is living in hope that we can continue to play good rugby. I can honestly say that some of the rugby on offer at Gibson Park last season was out of the top drawer (win or lose).

Rocky - I have no problem in you and other Malone supporters celebrating your current and hopefully ongoing success and good luck to you . it was just that the banner headline of ''history telling us nothing '' was begging to commented on !!!
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Conor Joyce seriously impresses me when I see him play. Malone players should be tested for drugs! Haha (joking) but how on earth do you run in 60 points against any Division 1 side? Kofi, as what you witnessed on Saturday is this going to be a long season for Ballymena do you think?
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

gannonman wrote:Conor Joyce seriously impresses me when I see him play. Malone players should be tested for drugs! Haha (joking) but how on earth do you run in 60 points against any Division 1 side? Kofi, as what you witnessed on Saturday is this going to be a long season for Ballymena do you think?
Not as long as for Dungannon :roll:
Hendo
Novice

Post by Hendo »

Quins are on the up and starting to gel well. Hinch are no where near as good as they think they are and once the going gets tougher i see a chink in their armour. Young Lawton was really impressive just a pity he choose Hinch over Quins or Quins would have won that game on Saturday.
Moiraman
Novice

Post by Moiraman »

Kofi Annan wrote:
gannonman wrote:Conor Joyce seriously impresses me when I see him play. Malone players should be tested for drugs! Haha (joking) but how on earth do you run in 60 points against any Division 1 side? Kofi, as what you witnessed on Saturday is this going to be a long season for Ballymena do you think?
Why do you say that? Dungannon's scoreline away to Malone was not near as bad as Ballymena's at home to Malone.
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Kofi Annan wrote:
That's not what I asked you :wink:
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.