Sky On Demand

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Sky On Demand

Post by Rooster »

http://www.sky.com/products/ways-to-wat ... and/facts/
Great job now for anyone who has Sky+ and decent broadband allowance, speed not really an issue unless you are in a hurry to view.
Added bonus is if you have a DVD or video recorder attached you can now record anything on BBC iplayer or any of the other web based tv services available without any hassle, permanent saving on the Sky+ box does not work and they are only available up to the normal changes in iplayer etc, ie usually a week.
Be warned though if you have an upper limit on monthly downloads you could soon head towards it.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Re: Sky On Demand

Post by mikerob »

AFAIK this will only work on newer Sky+ boxes, however. The Sky website lists the models supported.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

mikerob wrote:AFAIK this will only work on newer Sky+ boxes, however. The Sky website lists the models supported.
All HD boxes per chance?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

mikerob wrote:AFAIK this will only work on newer Sky+ boxes, however. The Sky website lists the models supported.
I have a 3 year old HD box and it works on it, you just need one with an ethernet connection, so it is old HD boxes and some of the new Sky+boxes.
BaggyTrousers wrote:
All HD boxes per chance?
New Sky+ as well Baggy, bit of a problem if you don't want to pay a HD sub and already have Sky+ but I would watch out for offers at times, remember reading fine print one time and got a new 1Tb HD box for £49
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
All HD boxes per chance?
No - it depends on the model. This lists the models supported. It doesn't work with the Thomson Sky+ HD boxes.

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/on-dem ... ticle-sslc
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

mikerob wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
All HD boxes per chance?
No - it depends on the model. This lists the models supported. It doesn't work with the Thomson Sky+ HD boxes.

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/on-dem ... ticle-sslc
:scratch: One of the boxes I have connected is a Pace and it has been running this for over 2 months now, I only mentioned it now as iplayer was added.
Rory Best
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Rooster wrote: :scratch: One of the boxes I have connected is a Pace and it has been running this for over 2 months now, I only mentioned it now as iplayer was added.
Sky have about 4 different suppliers of boxes and for some reason, it doesn't work on Thomson boxes but does work on the other box types, including Pace.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

mikerob wrote:
Rooster wrote: :scratch: One of the boxes I have connected is a Pace and it has been running this for over 2 months now, I only mentioned it now as iplayer was added.
Sky have about 4 different suppliers of boxes and for some reason, it doesn't work on Thomson boxes but does work on the other box types, including Pace.
If you have a version beginning with 9F30, then you have a Pace. Subject to final testing, you will receive the new Sky Guide by the end of November.
Totally agree mike about the different boxes as every one you look at has a different Sky guide :roll:
Rory Best