AIL FIXTURES

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: AIL FIXTURES

Post by Kofi Annan »

Dropped down the pecking order, defence is the weakness and a complete lack of moral fibre, so Quinn etc is ahead of him , or so I hear from some of the Hinch old boys , any of his fans out there able to give us the low down, in case I am wrong.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

think quinn scored four tries last week and craig was on the score sheet also. probably better players than lawton, and might be keeping him out.
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

Using this thread for a bit of a rant. Every year Ballymoney 1st play their league match against Coleraine 1sts on Boxing day, its a cracking day out, big turnout, all the expats home for christmas etc etc go.

Well this year some numpty committee in the Ulster Branch has decided to do away with boxing day derbies and are ignoring the protests of both clubs, and im sure other clubs who have their derbies on boxing day.

Instead we play each other at the end of Jan, and host ballymurphy or some such instead.....

Really drunk off about it.
Why? Why not?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Ithryn wrote:Using this thread for a bit of a rant. Every year Ballymoney 1st play their league match against Coleraine 1sts on Boxing day, its a cracking day out, big turnout, all the expats home for christmas etc etc go.

Well this year some numpty committee in the Ulster Branch has decided to do away with boxing day derbies and are ignoring the protests of both clubs, and im sure other clubs who have their derbies on boxing day.

Instead we play each other at the end of Jan, and host ballymurphy or some such instead.....

Really drunk off about it.
Is this not off topic and should be on the Qualifying Thread.

I note both teams have games on 22nd and29th of December, .however I am sure if both clubs asked for the fixture on 19th jan to be brought forward to the 26th Dec the branch would oblige ,ball is in their court in my humble opinion >flog
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

ops yes sorry put it in the wrong thread.

Both clubs did ask, branch wont oblige.
Why? Why not?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Ithryn wrote:ops yes sorry put it in the wrong thread.

Both clubs did ask, branch wont oblige.
I suspect someone is being economical with the truth, I am lead to believe if both clubs ask to bring the fixtures forward that is not an issue, maybe they(the clubs) don't want to play three games in seven days! However I believe that has not been a problem before.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:Form is temporary, class is permanent.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Feck sake Kofi , how the hell would you know dear?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Because Fuzzy told me.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

They shouldn't need to ask as the fixtures are normally agreed between the clubs and ratified by the Branch in August.
I know at QL 1 is difficult as the Branch expect the clubs to have the league programme finished by very early March which with Junior Cup and Towns Cup means that there are very few Saturdays to play around with. This is always quoted as being to allow for Round Robin Play offs.. You normally have to largely forget about free dates for Internationals, and I know that I previous Seasons the Branch had Boxing Day listed as a League Saturdaywhen it fell on a Saturday.
Therefore although I wouldn't be the greatest fan of the CompetitionCommittee I feel that we are not getting the full story and hat someone in the two clubs is not coming clean over this.
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Long season is right. I won't sit here and lie, every game we have played we have been outplayed. Malone,Quins, Hinch even Rainey in the Senior Cup. The big difference is the strength and depth teams have in their line up. As I have seen in previous comments Lawton has dropped down the packing order at Hinch. How we need him now at the moment. Injuries have destroyed us, we don't have a scrum half, our lineout is absolutely woeful, our game plan is beyond a joke. We are most dangerous when we get the ball out to McCloskey and Nelson and when they are playing Cochrane and Simpson but it rarely gets that far. We just pick and go and then get penalised. Our captain is out until December so I hear. We have a new man in the second row who is only playing because he got banned from his Gaelic football club. Magee and McGuckin have to play because of weaknesses in the backline. We simply don't have the players. At best we are a 2A team this year and a relegation battle is looming unless we get players back fast. Blackrock is simply a must win game this weekend.
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

Blackrock will be very tough after their surprise win over UCD. Did the club make the right appointment? Anytime I have seen Dungannon they look bereft of ideas and just try to pummel teams with a big pack who aren't very mobile.
troupe86
Novice

Post by troupe86 »

RuPi wrote:Blackrock will be very tough after their surprise win over UCD. Did the club make the right appointment? Anytime I have seen Dungannon they look bereft of ideas and just try to pummel teams with a big pack who aren't very mobile.
I agree. Against Inst 2s, the Dungannon pack were big and strong; however, when it came to open play, they just stuck to a one-out crash ball or constantly employed a 'pick-and-go' option around the rucks which were easily defended.
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

troupe86 wrote:
RuPi wrote:Blackrock will be very tough after their surprise win over UCD. Did the club make the right appointment? Anytime I have seen Dungannon they look bereft of ideas and just try to pummel teams with a big pack who aren't very mobile.
I agree. Against Inst 2s, the Dungannon pack were big and strong; however, when it came to open play, they just stuck to a one-out crash ball or constantly employed a 'pick-and-go' option around the rucks which were easily defended.

Amen! Todays game is going to be very tough!
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

And so it proved with Dungannon losing with a BP, Ballymena lost again as did Quins (with a BP) and Malone, Hinch remain on top of 1B. Banbridge continue on top of 2A after City of Derry got hammered and Queens lost out in a high scoring affair. Rainey had a comfortable bonus point win in Connemara whilst Armagh and Ards both lost whilst not sure how Inst got on.
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Inst lost 35-20 to Nenagh Ormond at Shawsbridge
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...