Stand Up For The Ulster Fans!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Loki
Warrior Assassin

Re: Stand Up For The Ulster Fans!

Post by Loki »

Fermain wrote:We were superb... but the Saint's fans have been brilliant all night. Very gracious, good spirited and applauded us on their way past. They couldn't'have been friendlier. Buying drinks, sharing taxis, giving Ulster fans lifts even when NOT going to the game! the first to come up and talk. The best Rugby town reception I think we've had.
just have to echo this, a big thank you to the club and people of Northampton. I hadn't really done my homework on the town and there were several helping hands on the way to and from the bus centre, hotel, ground and train station. found the Northampton fans around me to be very warm and welcoming, supportive and good-natured - even when the game was moving away from them. Was a hugely positive experience and far exceeded my expectations. >appl :salut:
John_e_boy
Squire

Post by John_e_boy »

I went to Franklin's Gardens a few times many,many years ago when I lived in England. Northampton itself is a bit of a monstrosity but the Saints fans have always been a great bunch, true rugby town with excellent supporters. Only positive memories of going there.

I'm glad everyone that travelled had a similar experience! Well done Saints fans.
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

Hat's off the the travelling fans,well done folks you made us proud.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

fermain wrote:We were superb... but the Saint's fans have been brilliant all night. Very gracious, good spirited and applauded us on their way past. They couldn't'have been friendlier. Buying drinks, sharing taxis, giving Ulster fans lifts even when NOT going to the game! the first to come up and talk. The best Rugby town reception I think we've had.
+1 great people, great rugby town.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

fermain wrote:We were superb... but the Saint's fans have been brilliant all night. Very gracious, good spirited and applauded us on their way past. They couldn't'have been friendlier. Buying drinks, sharing taxis, giving Ulster fans lifts even when NOT going to the game! the first to come up and talk. The best Rugby town reception I think we've had.
Have to agree Fermain - very sporting crowd, as has been said on another thread. Their one blind spot is with their captain, but we can allow them one fault.

Thoroughly enjoyable trip - nearly missed by HWM - when out at the ground (almost - actually in Tommy Beckett's) I asked him about his tickets, at which point he realised he'd left them at his hotel - luckily for him, Mr Frosty was back there and able to retrieve them in time. After the match when he was ...... well, you saw him on TV - you judge what condition he was in with a few more bevvies in him later, I poured him back into his hotel before going on to my own. I had to leave him at reception though as Mr F had his room key and we had no idea where he was (not that HWM had any idea where HE was!!!) :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

Cap'n gusher was saying there was around 800 Ulster fans at match,is that a fair assessment?
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

I thought that myself..... Gusher you silly billy.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Gusher upselling the noise!

Tell them there was just 800 of us, imagine 15 times that in Ravers. They'll be pooping their pants all week
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:Must say, the chants of "Ulster Ulster!" and "SUFTUM!" were very audible on the Sky coverage. Almost sounded like a home game at times. Full marks to everybody who travelled.
some of the "Oh when the saints" that you may have heard early on and during the second half were by us too - usually following a chorus of "shall we sing a song for you"?
I'm not arguing -
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Must say, the chants of "Ulster Ulster!" and "SUFTUM!" were very audible on the Sky coverage. Almost sounded like a home game at times. Full marks to everybody who travelled.
some of the "Oh when the saints" that you may have heard early on and during the second half were by us too - usually following a chorus of "shall we sing a song for you"?
Get that one on the Eventsec Hymnal sheet too. Those songs can be difficult to sing

So far we have

SUFTUM
Ulster
Swing Low
Jerusalem
Oh When the Saints

On said Hymnal sheet. Eventsec will be made to hand them out, on penalty of being made to watch the game from behind Dave's gazebo
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
TheElephantMan wrote:Cap'n gusher was saying there was around 800 Ulster fans at match,is that a fair assessment?
The man never could count. :roll:
He looked at the square yardage covered by the Ulsterfans, divided by his own "footprint" and came up with 800.

I believe the figure was more like 2.5-3K but if all of us were his size, FG wouldn't have been big enough! :lol:
I'm not arguing -
WhiteKnightSupporter
Initiate

Post by WhiteKnightSupporter »

Sounds like the Saints are slightly intimated by the Ulster crowd going from what Jim Mallinder says around the 2:40 mark - lets proove him right and give the Saints an extra 'challenge' to deal with on Saturday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/20651914
Redhandoff
Novice

Post by Redhandoff »

Spoke to several saints fans after the game.....they were very gracious in defeat, congratulating the team.....they also said the ulster fans were the best travelling support they had ever seen at franklin's! :cheers: :red: >clapping
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions,but they are not entitled to their own facts."(D.P.Moynihan)
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Redhandoff wrote:Spoke to several saints fans after the game.....they were very gracious in defeat, congratulating the team.....they also said the ulster fans were the best travelling support they had ever seen at franklin's! :cheers: :red: >clapping
Dylan Hartley didn't think that when I spoke to him before kick-off ...... in fact something nearly kicked off early when I spoke to him! :lol:
I'm not arguing -
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

For those concerned about the whereabouts of HWM & co, they arrived on the 18:55 x BHX and 3 santas last seen wandering under the underpass at the harbour.

sent from my zx81 using morse code
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk