Good game saints.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

McMahon
Novice

Good game saints.

Post by McMahon »

Great physicality from the English, we were outmuscled. Nothing spectacular from Saints but strangled us from the start. What a reality check for us; hope we use it properly and get 10 points from the next 2 Heineken games. Death from a thousand cuts tonight, kicking, handling and commitment all under par... let's hope the lesson is learned. :red:
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Re: Good game saints.

Post by caledoniancelt »

Can't wait to see what Baggy has to say :stir: :stir:
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

Anyone doubting we would win tonight was in Baggys words a chube...
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
montjeu8
Novice

Post by montjeu8 »

I'm sure the players are way too professional to be counting chickens against a team like Saints, but there was a real sluggishness about us from the off. The handling errors were of course poor, but of much more concern was the weakness of the scrum and that injury to Bowe. We're now hoping Saints struggle past Castres at home with hopefully four and we can get all five and at least a losing bonus in France. Wonder what Paul Marshall has to do to get a start.
Last edited by montjeu8 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

Baggy wasn't wrong. It was a Herculean effort to lose to Northampton. The saints didn't score after the 20 minute mark and we made 20 handling errors. More than we've made all season?

Some nights you just have to put down to experience, and it's nice that the minnows can still win a game in the heineken cup now and then ;)
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Exactly nothing, absolutely nothing spectacular from the Saints. To lose our match winning run to a team like that is very disappointing. Some poor behaviour from some of the Saints players at the end. Too many errors turnovers/knockons to win a HEC match. At the minute though I'm more concerned with the injuries.
KingLuba
Novice

Post by KingLuba »

Knew we were in trouble when i heard gusher Neilly declare on radio ulster this afo that he wasn't in any way concerned about tonight!

The way some fans were talking this week it was as if they'd never seen an Ulster match before this season and assumed we were invincible (Belfast Tele especially)!

Yeah we've had some season so far but a defeat was overdue, we've played badly and won a few times but tonight we played badly and got what we deserved.

Well played saints, an immense display of character after last week!
montjeu8
Novice

Post by montjeu8 »

Joe Schmo wrote: Some poor behaviour from some of the Saints players at the end.
Missed that - what were they up to?
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

aarons wrote:Baggy wasn't wrong. It was a Herculean effort to lose to Northampton. The saints didn't score after the 20 minute mark and we made 20 handling errors. More than we've made all season?

Some nights you just have to put down to experience, and it's nice that the minnows can still win a game in the heineken cup now and then ;)
Spot on.
As very disappointed as I am with the result tonight, before this head to head would anyone have taken 6 points from 10?
I certainly would have been happy enough with that return against what is a very physical side.
They played a very unattractive game well and we had no real answer to it - we can now hopefully move on better and wiser team for this experience.
McMahon
Novice

Post by McMahon »

Good post Samstew, bit of perspective. I'd rather have our bubble burst now than later. Great motivational tool for Maaaaak. Defeated at the Hill by the English... doesn't taste good. Imagine how the players are feeling.
rosetintedgoggles
Novice

Post by rosetintedgoggles »

Very poor all round. Too many handling errors .

Oh and by the way Owens is a truly crap referee. Hopefully the IRB will fire him for incompetence!
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

Remember lads, No side has won the Heineken Cup by getting 5/5 from the group stages. It's all part of the plan - the Ulster Way, if you will.
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

And also, 5 points from the two games would have been ideal, but we've come away with 6. the real issue is the injuries.
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Im so so disapointed after that. That result tonight was our fault.
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Same uncontrolled game as we played in Italy... But against quality opposition.

We need Muller.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean