Ulster v Leinster - Armageddon!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Leinster - Armageddon!

Post by ColinM »

First home loss in the Heiny for 4 years. There have been many dark days in those 4 yrs but we have pulled out the stops at home to all the big guns, Saints succeeded where Stade, Clermont, Leicester, Castres, Harlequins, Bath all failed. Thats what makes it worst for me
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Come on lads, it's history now! Time to move on and start the heady anticipation of Friday evening and the visit of the still-reigning European champs.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rocky is right. Move on, it was not that bad.

I was totally gutted on Saturday night, but in the cold light of Tuesday, most things were going well, but a few handling errors put a load of pressure on which led to further mistakes.
38 minutes can be an eternity when hanging on to a one point lead or very short time to turn something around when a 100% season appears to be going down the tubes and nothing is working. The unbeaten season was becoming an albatross about our neck. Something like that plays silly buggers with players’ heads. We also had a couple of really bad breaks especially the TB injury with the line beckoning. Let’s remember, Northampton played much better and still only scored 10 points in total and 0 in the second half. This doom and gloom is as much a product of the 13 wins as the one loss. The bigger the high, the bigger the low that follows. In reality, we are still in control of both our league and our group what’s the problem? It was always going to end and the end could have been worse in terms of the damage done to our season. We lost by one point, got a LBP and are still favourites to win the group and possibly get a home QF.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:Rocky is right. Move on, it was not that bad.

I was totally gutted on Saturday night, but in the cold light of Tuesday, most things were going well, but a few handling errors put a load of pressure on which led to further mistakes.
38 minutes can be an eternity when hanging on to a one point lead or very short time to turn something around when a 100% season appears to be going down the tubes and nothing is working. The unbeaten season was becoming an albatross about our neck. Something like that plays silly buggers with players’ heads. We also had a couple of really bad breaks especially the TB injury with the line beckoning. Let’s remember, Northampton played much better and still only scored 10 points in total and 0 in the second half. This doom and gloom is as much a product of the 13 wins as the one loss. The bigger the high, the bigger the low that follows. In reality, we are still in control of both our league and our group what’s the problem? It was always going to end and the end could have been worse in terms of the damage done to our season. We lost by one point, got a LBP and are still favourites to win the group and possibly get a home QF.
Since when did you start writing sense? :scratch:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Rocky is right. Move on, it was not that bad.

Since when did you start writing sense? :scratch:
Don't know what came over me....................... :duh:
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

I do hope that the players and :cowboy: have more faith in themselves than many of the posters here. Time to start being positive. >bud
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Scranner wrote:I do hope that the players and :cowboy: have more faith in themselves than many of the posters here. Time to start being positive. >bud
Now you're talking. Let's empty some :mexican: :red: :red: :red: >minigun
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

I have read the squad has been announced - where? I did not see it on UR but read it elsewhere; don't we announce squads anymore?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

From the Newsletter:

Squad news - Brady out, Herring, McComish, D'Arcy and Allen in

Likely team:
15. J Payne, 14. A Trimble, 13. D Cave, 12. L Marshall, 11. C Gilroy, 10. P Jackson, 9. R Pienaar; 1. T Court, 2. R Best, 3. J Afoa, 4. I Henderson, 5. N McComb, 6. N Williams, 7. C Henry (c), 8. R Wilson.

16. R Herring, 17. C Black, 18. R Lutton, 19. R Diack, 20. M McComish, 21. P Marshall, 22. P Wallace, 23. M Allen.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

No real discussion on that - will really depend on the officials as to who gets away with what; and that worries me a trifle!
Another question - on the Rabo site it shows the Scots' game on Friday (shown on BBC Alba); on BBC Alba it shows the game as Sunday evening! Do you know which one is correct?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Setanta wrote:No real discussion on that - will really depend on the officials as to who gets away with what; and that worries me a trifle!
Another question - on the Rabo site it shows the Scots' game on Friday (shown on BBC Alba); on BBC Alba it shows the game as Sunday evening! Do you know which one is correct?
Friday. Alba may be showing it on Sunday though

sent from my Trimphone 722 using sorcery
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

ruckover wrote:From the Newsletter:

Squad news - Brady out, Herring, McComish, D'Arcy and Allen in

Likely team:
15. J Payne, 14. A Trimble, 13. D Cave, 12. L Marshall, 11. C Gilroy, 10. P Jackson, 9. R Pienaar; 1. T Court, 2. R Best, 3. J Afoa, 4. I Henderson, 5. N McComb, 6. N Williams, 7. C Henry (c), 8. R Wilson.

16. R Herring, 17. C Black, 18. R Lutton, 19. R Diack, 20. M McComish, 21. P Marshall, 22. P Wallace, 23. M Allen.
Give Wilson a rest.

Williams back to his favoured position.

Diack deserves a start at 6
The King is dead. Long live the King.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

I agree KOTH, I am simply reporting the Newsletter team. Williams is not a 6.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Diack was on fire at the start of the season - he caught a load of flak when he was not delivering for various reasons - but the guy deserves a start at 6 to show his earlier form is what we need.

We need a bit of agro I want my place back attitude. Nick is never going to be a 6 - 3 not epic games out of position - give him a start at 8 and see what he can bring. Vive le Head!

I'd rest Paddy W and give Darce some time form the bench, could be the best cover we have on the wing for Tommy.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

really concerned for john afoa! if anyone needs a rest it's him! we really need to sort adequate cover/sub can't keep forcing him to take on fresh front rows in games for 80's min!

diack needs a start to, his form at the start of the season was great!