Munster v Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Munster v Ulster

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I'd have to watch it again to be sure but I suspect Rolland had already whistled before Small's idiocy.
Nope he blew it when p already has his boot on DOC's shoulder, it was not even much of a rucking to be fair, card was really uncalled for.

Thinking back p really should be left at home when we go down there as he just goes headless, was the same a couple of years ago
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

I think we have reached the "let us never mention this again" point :roll:
Dura lex sed lex
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I'd have to watch it again to be sure but I suspect Rolland had already whistled before Small's idiocy.
Nope he blew it when p already has his boot on DOC's shoulder, it was not even much of a rucking to be fair, card was really uncalled for.

Thinking back p really should be left at home when we go down there as he just goes headless, was the same a couple of years ago
I thought there were another couple of instances of dodgy rucking from both sides

Need to rewatch to see

Anyone know the exact ruling?
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Yep white shirt rucking- yellow card, red shirt- blind eye
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

namron wrote:Yep white shirt rucking- yellow card, red shirt- blind eye
I'm pretty sure I saw us do it too
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Snipe Watson wrote:You know what you get with beagle. He's going to have brain farts under pressure, it's always going to be his Achilles heel, but he makes up for it.
Still not seen anything from Macklin to suggest he is an Ulster standard player.
I looked to me like there was no basic solidity to the Ulster scrum and that comes from front right .............or so I’m told by fat blokes that know.
Crap Snipe, Calum Black was under pressure from BJ. Lets get some facts and perspective here.Thought Macklin dealt with VDP reasonably well. The PT came mainly from CB collapsing, although the whole front row went down. Forget we also got one against the head. Apart from the PT, I was more disappointed with CB than a young 23 y.o. TH starting his first full game of the season against an international front row, and ex Saffa Loosie. Thought he also did well enough in the loose- that didn't suggest a guy getting minced. Compare body language with CB. BJ was able to bore into RH, popping him up a few times. That was from the LH side.

Thought Roger W was also poor, fielding drop outs aside. Less said about Smallp the better, and I've been a cheerleader for him. Bad night at the office, and illustrated why he doesn't get an Ireland start. Cost us big time.
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Jackie Brown wrote:Munster are a hateful bunch. Not only are they a bunch of cheating hallions they've banned me from their joke shop of a forum.
Every Cloud Jackie- the bile on there is embarassing... but I couldn't ever, ever be seen to condone your constant turnip baiting :stir: :thumleft: :cheers: >you_rock >clapping >appl >TANGRY >TWAK
Unfortunately, for every Mr Chips, Shan, Mack there's any one of 100's from Thomand78, Mrsmagahan, JoeRiddick downwards etc. etc >minigun
Last edited by CIMANFOREVER on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exterminate all rational thought
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Well done JB :cheers: I read some of the c r ap on that site .Probably takes a mediator like your good self to smooth it out a little :lol: Anyway after tonight it looks like Munster could be heading for a Semi at Ravenhill. yum yum
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

scrum5 wrote:
Russ wrote:
scrum5 wrote:Seriously why does anyone care what the Munster fans think or say .....
Munster fans write for the press, and the Irish selectors read the press
Seriously Russ grow up...don't usually see eye to eye with baggy, not in what he says but just the way he says it but he is correct on this
perhaps if some, who against my regular advice darken the doorstep of MF with predictable results, behaved as Shan does here, then it might all be a happier place for Ulster visitors.
Shan, Tazz and Mack are regular posters here and don't wind up or intentionally annoy posters on this site.....you get what you deserve on MF if you post rubbish.
So actually Scrum you do agree with everything I say, the rest is just semantics :thumleft: >EW :cheers: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lets not forget our other regulars like PiArse, all very welcome. It boils my pish when I see bullshit posted about other Irish teams which is clearly heartfelt rather than banter - just a shame.

I feel banter of any sort is more or less fine, though clearly many will not agree including Scrum obviously, but simple "hate" is just too too bad.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
interlooter
Warrior Chief

Post by interlooter »

Russ wrote:
interlooter wrote:NOC
His stint at 9 I thought was okay, given the circumstances. Except the lost scrum
Funnily enough he did look better at scrum half alright russ, but that was not what he was there for.
I was really hoping that he would show his best side in his biggest opportunity this season, but he froze.
From the missed kick early doors he did not deliver, and his cause was not helped by the service from p.
With ruan at 10 we could have won that game, though I admit he deserves a break.
As long as we win the next 3 games :D :red:
Overall I'm happy enough with the result considering the relative strength of the two teams.
Luke skymarshall will soon need promoting to air chief Marshall at this rate of going >appl
And birch showed the rest of the youngsters how to grab an opportunity >clapping
if a pig loses it's voice, is it disgruntled?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I think Doc was at his work all night giving the prop some assist in the scrums exactly what I am unsure but T Court doesn't come up out of a scrum shouting and in the face of a second row too often.

I always fancied N Spence to be Ireland's next 12 but after to night I think D Ks may have a solution to one of his problems all L Marshall has to do is find a consistancy in his play .

He took the ball robustly into contact and unlike P Wallace didn't give away possession by the forward fumble , tackled every thing in front of him his only mistake was to get out of position once giving Heatley his break in the middle.

Whether Heatley was his to tackle is another question -- but he got caught out of position.

Can't say I approve of poeple visiting other message boards just to troll and wind up the existing morons.

The existence of several morons on the Munster fans is well document as is their believe that every player for Munster should be on the Irish side regardless of their glaring weaknesses .

Some are open to reason some are not but I see no reason to sink to their level of imbecility.

Please be like Shan if you have a valid opinion state it but avoid the cheap shot wind ups you might find that not only do you obtain respect on their board but you may find that your opinions are better respected on this forum as well.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Totally agree Rum, too many Ulster trolls going to other fan forums and making idiots of themselves and giving the rest of us a bad name. I wouldn't mind if they were more subtle, but they're just embarrassing themselves and UAFC. It's totally ok to be a chube on yer own forum but its bad form to chube it up on someone else's.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

rumncoke wrote:

Shan you can see why I say Rolland hates Ulster so many small inconsistances Ulster hold up a munster player for a considerable period of time -- no scrum to Ulster - Munster hold the Ulster player up for a much shorter time scrum to Munster

Hi Rumncoke,

I can understand what you are saying of course but I just don't see that Rolland has an anti-Ulster or pro-Munster bias.

Is he the perfect ref? No. Does he get calls wrong? Yes as do most refs.

I think I reported here a few years ago that Rolland was reffing an AIL game between Shannon and Old Belvedere in Thomond Park a good few years ago and when he was given serious grief by us for some strange decisions he ended up smiling towards us as he gave a lineout decision against us. He was bloody lucky we are so civilised in Shannon RFC is all I'll say.

That said I still think he is a top class ref. Even top class refs will not get it right all the time. One thing I will say is that in the biggest decision tonight he was not found wanting as he never is in dealing with filthy play. Marshall deserved his yellow card. Anybody who questions that should not be supporting this great game in my opinion. There is no place for that type of cowardly act in this game....unless we decide we are no longer interested in a game which honours hard but honest and fair play.

Anyway as to the game itself it panned out in the way I more or less expected. A Munster victory but not overwhelming.

For me the most impressive players on the pitch tonight were Peter O'Mahony who I thought was outstanding and Luke Marshall who most will know I think is an absolutely class player. It fills me with great joy and hope that the best two players on the night, IMO, are two future stars of Ireland rather than two established internationals.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

aarons wrote:Odd feeling after that game. Munster were awful. Three tries all results of unbalanced refereeing or unforced Ulster errors. Zebo's celebration was beyond pathetic. It was a poacher's try and all he had to do was run it in after our systems failed. If Munster really think they've stepped up they've got another thing coming.
We don't Aaron. Zebo was celebrating a try he scored. That is all. He is an enthusiastic character. Honestly I remember when you were better than this. I know you have some issue with me for which I don't know why. I always really respected your rugby knowledge. Shame if you end up like the likes of Russ....you are better than that and you know it.

* Aaron... I am not trying to sound condescending or arrogant etc. I am sorry if it seems that way.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

scrum5 wrote:Seriously why does anyone care what the Munster fans think or say .....

Good point Scrum5. I suppose we all can't help thinking what others think of us. That is a general point of course. When Shannon were top dogs in the AIL we never cared what anybody else thought. When you are not 100% certain of your position you tend to be be open to what others have to say I suppose.