Castres v Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Thelaw
Steward

Re: Castres v Ulster

Post by Thelaw »

Snipe I font thinks it's negativity I think its called reality. Don't get me wrong I hope as much as the Ulster Nutter sitting beside me tomorrow - weather permitting - that we get a win. But to many key players out. Sorry but as someone else pointed out with our injured players making up a hell of team - The Ulster physio 1st xv- we are not going to run rampage over les frogs at HOME. So we don't get a home QF. Disappointing but as we proved last year not the end of the world. :fleg:
Dura lex sed lex
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

All very pragmatic and logical judge, but is this the time or the place for such pragmatism?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Damn right Snipe - can hit him in the chops as well?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

ruckover wrote:Kidney has no say in H Cup teams
That's not true.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cornerfleg wrote:Damn right Snipe - can hit him in the chops as well?
just a tap.........
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Sensible selection, Pienaar and Marshall because Paddy J is not quite fit, bugger all to do with Shaggy, Kidney or anything else, hence article by Maaark early in the week, McCome for extra ballast against their pack especially in mauls, Gilroy fullback because Payne is in pain and is too risky to play and Gilroy was ready to play at 15 last week so they have probably trained that way for 2 weeks now.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

kingofthehill wrote:
That's not true.
KOTH wins that one ruckover, sadly >ESAD
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Declan Kidney ate my Boxers .... fact!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Agers wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:I'm not actually sure you can 'refuse' a convertion, the try was initially awarded to let you 'try' for the posts so I think you must make some cursory effort in that regard.
More than happy to be corrected on this but I'm convinced we've refused a conversion earlier this season scoring near the death and chasing down a TBP.

Possible that it wasn't Ulster and that it was another random game but I think you can opt not to take the conversion
No - you have to kick a conversion.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

My take would be that Jackson is fit -- but just and will only be asked to play if

Castres like most french teams of late play a physical forward game and if the pitch is as bad as feared you can bet that is how the game will be played by them as their forwards dominated to a large extent at Ravenhill hence McComb before Henderson

Similarly the game might be exhuastive for the back row could see two subs being used in the back row

Payne was always a major doubt and as things stand Gilroy appears to be the only player available for the role both Trimble and Allen are( former) centres neither could be considered as good options at full back
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
Agers wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:I'm not actually sure you can 'refuse' a convertion, the try was initially awarded to let you 'try' for the posts so I think you must make some cursory effort in that regard.
More than happy to be corrected on this but I'm convinced we've refused a conversion earlier this season scoring near the death and chasing down a TBP.

Possible that it wasn't Ulster and that it was another random game but I think you can opt not to take the conversion
No - you have to kick a conversion.
Somebody tell yer man Hastings!
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

rumncoke wrote: Castres like most french teams of late play a physical forward game and if the pitch is as bad as feared you can bet that is how the game will be played by them as their forwards dominated to a large extent at Ravenhill hence McComb before Henderson
Where is this bad wet pitch thought coming from, it has been pretty dry over there and only small amount of rain forecast, in fact if it was here you wouldn't even notice it.
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Nuts on the table - Ulster win
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

Rooster wrote:
rumncoke wrote: Castres like most french teams of late play a physical forward game and if the pitch is as bad as feared you can bet that is how the game will be played by them as their forwards dominated to a large extent at Ravenhill hence McComb before Henderson
Where is this bad wet pitch thought coming from, it has been pretty dry over there and only small amount of rain forecast, in fact if it was here you wouldn't even notice it.
Was the forcast for last friday not light showers? Funny from the prom it seemed like fecking heavy downpours. And today light snow not the blizzard I see outside my window ----and I'm outa BEER!!! >burp
Dura lex sed lex
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Rooster wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
That's not true.
KOTH wins that one ruckover, sadly >ESAD
Thought the Irish management had to stay out of Heineken Cup squad selections since it was the big competition? If not, that should be the rule. It would be stupid if we had to play Marshall simply because Kidney asked us to :evil:
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.