Where will we be Standing Up for the 1/4s

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Tenyarder
Novice

Where will we be Standing Up for the 1/4s

Post by Tenyarder »

I think the permutations are -

Ravenhill (if neither Sarries or Toulouse 5 point today)
Sarries (if Sarries 5 point and Toulouse don't)
Toulon (if they both 5 point)
Toulouse (if Toulouse 5 point and Sarries don't)

The strong probability for the 1/4 is Sarries away but where? They are said to be leaving Vicarage Road (and in any event Watford have a home game that weekend.) The new place (the Alliannz at Hendon) seems only to have a capacity of 10,000. Knowing Sarries it could be here, there and anywhere (including the old Heysel in Brussels!!) but it could it be back to Twickenham for the hordes of Ulster! :fleg: :cheers:
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Re: Where will we be Standing Up for the 1/4s

Post by mikerob »

Sarries have played HEC games at Wembley but I see the FA trophy final is there on the Sunday of the HEC QF weekend so it is likely ruled out if they get a home QF.

Maybe the US or S Africa?
ayepod
Initiate

Post by ayepod »

They played last year's QF against Clermont at Vicarage Road, and have played Sunday matches when the football is on the Saturday. That's my best guess at the moment.

Would be interesting if Wasps and Sarries put the heads together, a double-header at Wembley wouldn't be impossible and would certainly bring the punters in.
Tenyarder
Novice

Post by Tenyarder »

ayepod wrote:They played last year's QF against Clermont at Vicarage Road, and have played Sunday matches when the football is on the Saturday. That's my best guess at the moment.

Would be interesting if Wasps and Sarries put the heads together, a double-header at Wembley wouldn't be impossible and would certainly bring the punters in.
Yes, up to a point. Twickenham would be another option, but the downside for Sarries is that they do not have a large fan base - witness the crowd today - and a double-header with Turnips and Nordies could mean crowd advantage to the Irish. The Mexicans are in town as well that weekend, so could be one big party!
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

If we're underhanded enough, we could outnumber them no matter where it's played.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

AyeYerMa wrote:If we're underhanded enough, we could outnumber them no matter where it's played.
I honestly don't think that many will travel.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

BR wrote:
AyeYerMa wrote:If we're underhanded enough, we could outnumber them no matter where it's played.
Really? I'd thought with it being the last HEC away game this season we'd have pulled a few out of the woodwork.

You could be right though, timing is awkward and I'm laying odds on it being a Sunday game (again).
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
Likewise BR, doubt if more than a couple of thousand head over, will depend on day but it won't be a cheap trip even if you do get cheapish flights, add in trains, hotels etc and London is not a cheap venue, especially for those who don't really know where to go or stay reasonably, it's one of those places where more central has more expensive rooms but can finish up as cheap when you add in transport.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:
Likewise BR, doubt if more than a couple of thousand head over, will depend on day but it won't be a cheap trip even if you do get cheapish flights, add in trains, hotels etc and London is not a cheap venue, especially for those who don't really know where to go or stay reasonably, it's one of those places where more central has more expensive rooms but can finish up as cheap when you add in transport.
We did the Qtrs, Semi & Final last year but we don't intend to travel over for the Qtrs this time round. With 3 provinces playing in / around the capital on that weekend the flight prices on their own will get stupid.

We're hedging our bets on a weekend in Dublin towards the end of April (fingers & everything else crossed), I imagine a lot of people will be thinking that way.
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:MK and into Birmingham staying in Northampton would alleviate a lot of the London expense.

We can hope.
The inverse of which is the fact that there's a great deal less capacity on the Birmingham routes.

Luton is also acceptably close to MK though.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

The Beauty of London is there's huge numbers of seats available to the various airports. 3 lots of travelling support from Ireland will raise the prices a little, but compared to one lot travelling to Toulouse or Marsaille, it won't be significant IMHO.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

Flights from Easyjet over on the Friday coming in around £30 each.

As was said the number of flights and huge choice of accommodation mean that prices wont spike the same way they would for a regional fixture.

One things for sure the longer you leave it the more they will go up! Got return for two yesterday for £102 to gatwick :-)

After last year's final ( had to fly to Liverpool and drive down ) thats a result!
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

bangorboy wrote:Flights from Easyjet over on the Friday coming in around £30 each.

As was said the number of flights and huge choice of accommodation mean that prices wont spike the same way they would for a regional fixture.

One things for sure the longer you leave it the more they will go up! Got return for two yesterday for £102 to gatwick :-)

After last year's final ( had to fly to Liverpool and drive down ) thats a result!

Will be as long as they don't play in Milton Keynes on the Sunday.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Was at the Northampton game on the Friday night and would say that the Ulster support was significantly boosted by a large contingent from London (judging by numbers on the train on the way back late at night). I would expect the same for the Sarries game.
DavyG
Steward

Post by DavyG »

We will have to wait for the venue but at least we know the date and time
HEINEKEN CUP QUARTER FINAL
SARACENS v ULSTER - 6TH APRIL K.O. 18:30 VENUE TBA
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....