For future reference....

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

For future reference....

Post by browner »

...how difficult or easy is it to find parking in the Twickenham area...not afraid of a dander so doesn't have to be beside the ground...and yes I know about the stadium parking and overflows.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: For future reference....

Post by Rooster »

browner wrote:...how difficult or easy is it to find parking in the Twickenham area...not afraid of a dander so doesn't have to be beside the ground...and yes I know about the stadium parking and overflows.
You trying to tell us something :bounce:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Rooster wrote:
browner wrote:...how difficult or easy is it to find parking in the Twickenham area...not afraid of a dander so doesn't have to be beside the ground...and yes I know about the stadium parking and overflows.
You trying to tell us something :bounce:
No Rooster...just trying to cover all eventualities...if that's even a word. :scratch:
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

We parked near the Prince Albert pub in Twickenham for the final last year (I think that's the name of it, it did Thai / Chinese food as well as the usual pub grub, hopefully one of our London based posters can keep me right on that). It was near a cricket pavilion too.

Dander to the ground was between 5-10 mins from there, straightforward enough route, headed for The Stoop, crossed the road at a footbridge & there you are.

Probably vague as lol!
Scholar
Initiate

Post by Scholar »

http://www.londontown.com/ParkingInform ... tion/4caf/
There are multi storey car parks in Richmond , near the Railway station which is two British rail stops away from Twickenham. Rugby pubs near Richmond station and a dander to the ground once you get to Twickenham. Short journey by train back from Twickenham to Richmond negates the congestion around the ground you would experience even if you found a space nearby.
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

Thanks people :salut:
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

Get there early and park in the large Tesco car park - only 2 mins from the stadium.
Hope is not a strategy.
my mate dave
Novice

Post by my mate dave »

Browner - parking not an issue if you don't mind a bit of a dander. As WW says, by Prince Albert (just passed it on the bus!) is as good as any. It's on the other side of the train line so usually less affected by immediate match day traffic. :salut:
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Browner - here is a map that shows the controlled parking zones on Twickenham event days - this is usually patrolled rigorously.

http://www.richmond.gov.uk/doc-parking_zone_r.pdf

It covers a perimeter of about 15 minutes walk from the stadium.

Outside this, it shouldn't be that difficult finding a parking space.

Twickenham town centre is also controlled parking Monday through Saturday.

There are some schools and other organisations within the controlled parking area that offer paid parking on their grounds.
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

Thanks Mike!
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.