Celtic League Shenanigans

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I'll not complain if we draw the Ospreys away that weekend :)

I'm sure EOS would like a few internationals 'rotated' out that weekend too.

But there is a faint whiff of hypocrisy if the welsh are to set aside their demand to play full-strength sides, when they get the opportunity for a real money-spinner against the all blacks.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

That was my first thought too BR - but then I realised they'd have a ready made excuse....... :twisted:

then again - who cares :?: - away wins have been like gold dust over the past two years and we should take them any way we can :P :twisted:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Though a resolution was found relatively quickly, it spelled disaster for Jordan's attempts to find a title sponsor and attract the big broadcasters for a fourth successive year.

As a result his priority is to broker a solid long-term agreement, for a competition over the next three or four years, between the three unions.

He said he hoped that this could be sorted out within the next month or so.
Is the league close to a sponsorship deal?
"There are commercial opportunities in introducing a new country, but you also have to weigh up how a move to 14 home or away games, rather than 20 home and away, affects other markets, and whether existing broadcasters feel it is an improvement or not.
That means 7 home games and seven away games per season not the now 10 home and ten away. Not sure it is an improvement.

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

As far as broadcasters go I don't think any of them give a toss about us anyway :roll: Setanta can't tell me if I would receive the Setanta Ireland games or not :? BBc NI just don't care :evil: And the only reason BBC Wales show us is because they can't edit out the players when we are playing a Welsh side :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best