Sarries away it is then....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Sarries away it is then....

Post by BR »

AyeYerMa wrote: Technically dusk Friday until dusk Saturday, so an evening kickoff isn't really on the Sabbath.
April 18:30 London = daylight
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

My meagre stipend and severial calls upon it ensure my absence as I will prioritise the semi and final in Dublin. I suppose you could add in my hatred of old Landhan tan and I will be a happy enough armchair fan.

Furthermore the ground at Barnet indeed has shocking similarity to Scotstoun - whoda thunk there could be 2 that bad? - so all in all, though I hope the lads have plenty of support, I'm ok with missing this one!

Suppose that means I am not a real fan, eh eh?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

Wee Woman wrote:
ruckover wrote:They have home advantage, it's up to them how they use it. If they feel the best way is to blast music full volume over the speakers everytime the opposition fans begin singing then so be it.
I didn't see the Sarries / Munster game but surely playing loud music over a PA during actual game time would not be permitted??

I don't recall it ever happening during any matches I have ever been to.
during the leinster v saracens game at wembley two seasons back they played crowd noise over the pa during the actual play. it got louder when saracens got closer to the line.

i have to say that i think any suggestion (from following posts) that they should be allowed to do this because they have home advantage is b*llocks. it's unreasonable gamesmanship and unsporting conduct. the irb should crack down and i don't understand why they haven't.
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

BR wrote:
AyeYerMa wrote: Technically dusk Friday until dusk Saturday, so an evening kickoff isn't really on the Sabbath.
April 18:30 London = daylight

Aye, I suppose.

edit:- And the flights have gone into silly mode.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Would hope those that are able to go and can afford to do so will go to the game. Sarries will be pulling out all the marketing stops so we need to make sure there's a decent Ulster support there to give the bosy a boost :red:
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

big mervyn wrote:Jesus. Booked two returns to Lahndan Soufend for £60 each just an hour ago. Same flights are now £100.

We've some serious Fans now ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Wee Rores is booking planes for us all
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

Cornerfleg wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Jesus. Booked two returns to Lahndan Soufend for £60 each just an hour ago. Same flights are now £100.

We've some serious Fans now ...

Wish I could join the Serious fans, but due to complete lack of funds it will be BBQ and hot tub party to watch the match
Dura lex sed lex
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I'd say if you were hanging out with Big Mervyn's mate you'd not be worrying about funds or any such trivialities ....
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

After due consideration and a quick conversation with SWMBO, I'm now looking for the best place in Belfast to watch this.

Will save a few sheckels for the following two games in Aviva.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

That's my plan of attack too ... SWMBO .. has stipulated should we make it to the semi final we are all going down again like last year!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cornerfleg wrote:That's my plan of attack too ... SWMBO .. has stipulated should we make it to the semi final we are all going down again like last year!
Sky have already broken out the puns and other BS they like to spout
Last one out of Belfast turn out the lights
Dublin has brad pitt itself again, then licked its lips with glee at the amount blown on pints
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

I've a hotel booked for the weekend of the final. First place I tried, where we stayed the night of the semi last year for £120 (admittedly very good rate) quoted me £500 and something for the Friday/Saturday night.

I don't think there'll be many complaints from Dublin.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Interesting observation on Sarries forum, if true this opens up all sorts of possibility as Sky could move footy matches around to suit ?
Currently the fixture list for the championship and league 1 has all 24 games being played at 3pm on the Saturday, also all 10 premiership fixtures are set for 3pm on the Saturday!

Maybe Sky haven't got that far yet at meddling round with their fixtures so a game might still be moved a day or two earlier or later?

Otherwise, the following South East clubs with large enough grounds are at home that weekend so can be ruled out:

Chelsea, QPR, Reading, Tottenham, Charlton, Crystal Palace, Watford, MK Dons

Wembley is taken on the 7th for the Johnston's Paint Trophy so can probably be ruled out.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Does SKY cover Championship football matches or just premiership?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right